ImageImageImage

Game 28: Raptors @ Sixers 12/22 @ 7 pm ET Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Re: Game 28: Raptors @ Sixers 12/22 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#141 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:18 am

I'm going to go ahead and trust the team and the medical staff. If they thought the ankle was too bad for him to return, then they would have told him no. The thing with Jo is he's always and I mean always been a bit of an actor. He's got the personality of a WWE star and tonight he played the part of "hobbled warrior" en route to a 30/10/9. I'm sure he'll be ok for the Miami clash, but this was just too much tonight.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#142 » by Kova » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:14 am

Nice win, great to see 3 guys in 30s. Glad Jo's streak continues as he was struggling in the 1st half finding his rhythm.
Finally Tobias picked up his game, and Maxey closed it.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#143 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:36 am

Disappointing to see Embiid cares so much about stats, you already won an MVP, all you miss is a championship, the season is long and you need all the rest you can get.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#144 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Disappointing to see Embiid cares so much about stats, you already won an MVP, all you miss is a championship, the season is long and you need all the rest you can get.

Toronto was pretty much hanging around up until the 4 minute mark. Trent kept hitting threes and they wouldn't go away. Jo probably needed to come back in, but only long enough to secure the win. He would have gotten maybe 4 minutes rest, but I agree that he shouldn't be out there stat padding. Definitely not based off of his injury history.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#145 » by Eyeamok » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:24 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Disappointing to see Embiid cares so much about stats, you already won an MVP, all you miss is a championship, the season is long and you need all the rest you can get.

You don't think the guy that missed his first 2 seasons due to injury. Who has had multiple injuries throughout his career, would be very flip about taking care of his health for some streak?

In addition it might be a low-key way to put additional pressure or Morey to get the team the pieces it needs to make a solid run in the playoffs. Look Morey Joel is playing at an amazing pace don't let this all go to waste for regular season accolades and cap space in the summer make it mean something now.

If only Harris could play like this most of the...you know what never mind.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#146 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:15 pm

I still don't get why Springer only got 1 min with both Pat and Melton out.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by Eyeamok » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:46 pm

youngcrev wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Why do I want OG again?

I don't want him at all. He's just not the type of player we need, IMO.

He seems like exactly the kind of guy we need (elite defensive wing that will let it fly from 3), but he's been invisible out there.

Perhaps he will be our KD. If you can't beat the 76ers/warriors then join them and help them win a title.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#148 » by youngcrev » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:48 pm

phillynative wrote:I still don't get why Springer only got 1 min with both Pat and Melton out.

Because Nurse doesn't give a **** about developing mid prospects and is just trying to win games.

Not like he brings any actual guard skills to the table to replace them, he's just guard sized.

I get being annoyed at him not getting out there, but that's always been what Nurse has done, even if we wanted to pretend differently when Doc got canned.
sixerguy
Sixth Man
And1: 266

Post#149 » by sixerguy » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:17 pm

youngcrev wrote:
phillynative wrote:I still don't get why Springer only got 1 min with both Pat and Melton out.

Because Nurse doesn't give a **** about developing mid prospects and is just trying to win games.

Not like he brings any actual guard skills to the table to replace them, he's just guard sized.

I get being annoyed at him not getting out there, but that's always been what Nurse has done, even if we wanted to pretend differently when Doc got canned.

You ever think that it’s the beginning of the season before trade deadline that Nurse may be just trying to showcase guys like Morris and “hide” guys like Springer and (Cov) by not giving them minutes? I’m reserved to pass judgement until after trade deadline. If springer is here and he’s still not playing by then, I’d be more concerned.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#150 » by youngcrev » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:32 pm

sixerguy wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

You ever think that it’s the beginning of the season before trade deadline that Nurse may be just trying to showcase guys like Morris and “hide” guys like Springer and (Cov) by not giving them minutes? I’m reserved to pass judgement until after trade deadline. If springer is here and he’s still not playing by then, I’d be more concerned.

No. The idea that he's showcasing Morris is kinda silly honestly. Trying to keep him from becoming a problem prior to the deadline, maybe. For trade purposes, he's nothing more than a 17.1M expiring salary ballast. Seems like Nurse actually likes what he brings to the table, which I guess is understandable while he's shooting over 50% from 3.

Whether Springer plays post deadline likely comes down to what we do at the deadline. If it's a consolidation deal that requires multiple guys going out to match salary, maybe he gets a shot. If it's an additive move or basically just standing pat, I'd be surprised if he broke into the rotation all of a sudden.

He's a raw 21 year old with role player upside. Those guys don't tend to get minutes on contenders.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#151 » by Murray_17 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:20 pm

sixerguy wrote:

Morris and Cov are expiring, they're just salary filler in any move we make. There is no reason to showcase or hide them
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,105

Post#152 » by mjkvol » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:23 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Toronto was pretty much hanging around up until the 4 minute mark. Trent kept hitting threes and they wouldn't go away. Jo probably needed to come back in, but only long enough to secure the win. He would have gotten maybe 4 minutes rest, but I agree that he shouldn't be out there stat padding. Definitely not based off of his injury history.

I can't agree in this case, as painful as it is to in any way agree with Bum. The Sixers blew the game open with Joel on the bench, and all I was thinking was "please don't come back in just for the record". Hell, he was still in the game after the Raptors waved the white flag. They had no answer for Maxey last night.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#153 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:48 pm

mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

I can't agree in this case, as painful as it is to in any way agree with Bum. The Sixers blew the game open with Joel on the bench, and all I was thinking was "please don't come back in just for the record". Hell, he was still in the game after the Raptors waved the white flag. They had no answer for Maxey last night.

True, I just get that paranoia. Gary Trent kept hitting threes and they just wouldn't go away. After the Boston game earlier this year when we blew a 15 point lead with under two minutes left, I've had PTSD. No lead is safe in this league when the team losing has shooters still hitting. With that said, I agree that we had them dead in the water even without Embiid coming back in. Maxey had it under control. I'm just still getting used to all of this. Doc would have blown that lead and the game would have gone to overtime haha.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,075

Post#154 » by Sixerscan » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:48 pm

youngcrev wrote:
sixerguy wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

No. The idea that he's showcasing Morris is kinda silly honestly. Trying to keep him from becoming a problem prior to the deadline, maybe. For trade purposes, he's nothing more than a 17.1M expiring salary ballast. Seems like Nurse actually likes what he brings to the table, which I guess is understandable while he's shooting over 50% from 3.

Whether Springer plays post deadline likely comes down to what we do at the deadline. If it's a consolidation deal that requires multiple guys going out to match salary, maybe he gets a shot. If it's an additive move or basically just standing pat, I'd be surprised if he broke into the rotation all of a sudden.

He's a raw 21 year old with role player upside. Those guys don't tend to get minutes on contenders.

Morris has been a starter in the league for like a decade, he’s making half his 3s, he can create a shot against some matchups, he’s trying on defense (he did a nice job on Towns the other night), the lineups with him have been great (much better than with Cov) even without Embiid. Doesn’t seem like a big mystery why he’s playing.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by Eyeamok » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:13 am

Eyeamok wrote:

You don't think the guy that missed his first 2 seasons due to injury. Who has had multiple injuries throughout his career, would be very flip about taking care of his health for some streak?

Mr Bum Adebayo:

You were right I was absolutely wrong my apologies. Happy Holidays.

Bring on the draft

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers