Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,835

Re: Game 27: T-Wolves @ Sixers 12/20 @ 7 pm ET NBATV Thread 

Post#161 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:09 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Minnesota has a nice record right now, but they are not the top team out west. Not even close in my opinion. Denver, both LA teams, Sacramento, OKC, and possibly the Warriors beat them in a seven game series.

Agree. DEN is better, SAC and OKC are at least on the same level, and if the Clippers are right they are as well. But having a stud like Edwards, Finch getting that double big lineup finally functioning, and a lot of solid pieces and depth give the Wolves a real chance to make noise in the West.

High chance I'm still sleeping on Minnesota just because it's them. We deserve some credit for taking them down.

A very good bounce back game.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,609

Post#162 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:24 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Minnesota has a nice record right now, but they are not the top team out west. Not even close in my opinion. Denver, both LA teams, Sacramento, OKC, and possibly the Warriors beat them in a seven game series. Either way we needed this win after the lame effort against the Bulls. Miami next, let's beat them too.

I don't know, man, they're pretty good. Defense is legit and they've got Ant as a legit star scorer plus some other solid options. Hard to project the PO now but I think they're right up there with anyone except DEN atm.

If Embiid's gonna hit contested jumper like that, and Maxey's gonna have stretches like he did tonight, we can beat anyone soundly. (Even with everyone else playing pretty mid.) Just not that likely they can be this good consistently.

No doubt, I could be jumping to conclusions because it is Minnesota and they've been a legit threat only a few times since they've come into the league. 20-5 is no joke of a record. They have beaten so titans this year.

I think you’re sleeping on them. Their size + having two top notch perimeter defenders in Ant/McDaniels is such a potent combo in the playoffs. I think their size is too much for OKC, GSW, and SAC to handle & they have great defenders to match up with Fox/Curry/SGA.

Lakers don’t have enough fire power & I do not trust the Clippers at all (injuries + playoff Harden + Centers that will get abused on defense).

I’d put Minnesota at #2 behind Denver and I hope that’s the WCF.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,204

Post#163 » by M2J » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:30 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
I don't know, man, they're pretty good. Defense is legit and they've got Ant as a legit star scorer plus some other solid options. Hard to project the PO now but I think they're right up there with anyone except DEN atm.

If Embiid's gonna hit contested jumper like that, and Maxey's gonna have stretches like he did tonight, we can beat anyone soundly. (Even with everyone else playing pretty mid.) Just not that likely they can be this good consistently.

No doubt, I could be jumping to conclusions because it is Minnesota and they've been a legit threat only a few times since they've come into the league. 20-5 is no joke of a record. They have beaten so titans this year.

I think you’re sleeping on them. Their size + having two top notch perimeter defenders in Ant/McDaniels is such a potent combo in the playoffs. I think their size is too much for OKC, GSW, and SAC to handle & they have great defenders to match up with Fox/Curry/SGA.

Lakers don’t have enough fire power & I do not trust the Clippers at all (injuries + playoff Harden + Centers that will get abused on defense).

I’d put Minnesota at #2 behind Denver and I hope that’s the WCF.

I really like their team construction. I like what Kat is doing, what Gobert is doing. It's just about whether or not Edwards is ready to be an MVP candidate. That's when they'll be legit.

Last night was the start of a 16-game stretch where they play teams above 500. 11 on the road. How do they survive that stretch will be telling. Come out of that with a top three record in the West and they should be in good shape.
M2J
Starter

Post#164 » by M2J » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:38 pm

“My brother was just texting me like, ‘I ain’t ever seen nothing like it.’ He’s unstoppable, man,” Edwards told reporters after the win. “I don’t see how they lose a game, honestly.”

To Edwards’ point, Embiid really made it look easy. There wasn’t much Minnesota could do to stop him. To their credit, the Wolves played some really solid defense. There just wasn’t much one could do when he got into his groove. The Sixers kept feeding him and he feasted on anything in front of him.

“I think we could’ve been a little more physical on him,” said Towns. “Just making tough shots. When you’re making shots like that consistently, mid-range was working for him. Got to the free-throw line a lot. It’s just – he’s a good player.”

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/21/anthony-edwards-timberwolves-react-to-sixers-joel-embiid-dropping-51/

I agree with his brother
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 430

Post#165 » by Zumramania » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:55 pm

Except when we play the Celtics in the playoffs and Embiid suddenly becomes stoppable...
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 857

Post#166 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:30 am

Zumramania wrote:Except when we play the Celtics in the playoffs and Embiid suddenly becomes stoppable...

That’s far more attributable to the lack of the development of a fully formed striving for a championship on Embiid’s part than it is to the Celtics.

If he desired a championship as much as he did the MVP last year, nobody would stop him in the playoffs either.
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 669

Post#167 » by Monix » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:17 am

Ferry Avenue wrote:lack of the development of a fully formed striving for a championship on Embiid’s part

what do these words even mean?

just nonsense
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 857

Post#168 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:00 am

Monix wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:lack of the development of a fully formed striving for a championship on Embiid’s part

what do these words even mean?

just nonsense

I would suggest you consult a dictionary.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#169 » by Zonarosa » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:41 am

Sixerscan wrote:Enjoy the time off! Hope you find something more productive to do with your day.

The truth hurts. I get it.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,622

Post#170 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:28 am

Zonarosa wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Enjoy the time off! Hope you find something more productive to do with your day.

The truth hurts. I get it.

Somebody zap this fool again
always a jump shot away.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#171 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Zumramania wrote:Except when we play the Celtics in the playoffs and Embiid suddenly becomes stoppable...

Some simple improvements could be made to improve that. Why the hell does Embiid try to post up against Horford so much? makes no sense, he is really strong, try to face up and shoot over him, you are faster and longer than him, he is also much older now, I watched some highlights of G7 and he was doing that a lot, like it makes no **** sense, maybe Nurse can help with that.
Of course, there are more issues, like how well Celtics double team, but that's another matter.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,987

Post#172 » by Mik317 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:51 pm

Biid has been making his move earlier and often before he gets the ball...hopefully that keeps up. Also feels like he has taken more close range shots this year too.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
M2J
Starter

Post#173 » by M2J » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:16 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:

Some simple improvements could be made to improve that. Why the hell does Embiid try to post up against Horford so much? makes no sense, he is really strong, try to face up and shoot over him, you are faster and longer than him, he is also much older now, I watched some highlights of G7 and he was doing that a lot, like it makes no **** sense, maybe Nurse can help with that.
Of course, there are more issues, like how well Celtics double team, but that's another matter.

Horford know Biids moves, he's strong, but generally can't guard him without help most of the game. They use their best guard defenders to dig down a lot with him and turnovers are an issue. They start with their guards on him to be able to switch the pick and roll or dho (essentially nullifying it from happening) and unless Joel gets great low positioning where he can just turn and put it in . He's at a disadvantage. Movement and other players taking advantage of his coverage is the counter

Return to Philadelphia 76ers