Game 26: Bulls @ Sixers 12/18 @ 7pm EST

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Re: Game 26: Bulls @ Sixers 12/18 @ 7pm EST 

Post#121 » by Murray_17 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:42 am

NYSixersFan wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Some of you just wait for the team to lose to come out of the bushes and i though i was jaded. Holy **** :lol:

I see no reason to post after beating the Hornets, Pistons, etc...

Nothing has changed for me....Morey is a fraud until proven otherwise. He probably still thinks Tobias is really good.

This current team is not making it past the 2nd round.

Talking about Morey because we lost a random game in december isn't helping you here
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#122 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:45 am

eyeatoma wrote:Ya'll are hilarious, yeah that wasn't great by Jo, but the team would have been blown out without him. They kept giving up leads with the ass bench, and yes that bench came back, but at that point Vooch was hot. Embiid had atleast 2 calls go against him to get him into foul trouble as well. Not sure why Nurse went with Oubre over Batum either. Learning experience, I think the positives are that we were fighting back, and Jo didn't settle for a contested jumper. Oh, and Maxey was non-existant the 1st half, another big reason why we were down often. He has too many no shows in the 1st quarter, and then just hopes he gets it going. He figured out Caruso in the end, but again, it was the Joel show for 90% of the game.

Ya'll keep **** on Jo though. Clearly he's the reason we lost the game lol... :roll:

All good points. I'm damn sure not trying to pile on Jo, but he gets madd anxiety in tight situations. If he's going to take the last shot, then he needs to take a deep breath and calm himself before the chaos starts. It's the only way he's ever going to be that guy for us. He's got to calm down. Otherwise, let Maxey (who has a calm demeanor in those moments) be the guy. That's all I'm saying.

Now...I will say this...That last lead that we had in that game was created off of a run we made with Joel on the bench. I'm in no way implying that we are better off without him, I'm just pointing that out. Again, it goes back to Maxey. Once Maxey started to assert himself, he took over the fourth quarter. We had a lead, it was back and forth, but Maxey is the one that brought us back from a 12-point deficit to start the 4th. The momentum under this circumstance should have just stayed with him. Once Chicago adjusted and started trapping him, it should have been either a two-man game between him and Joel, OR before the trap comes (you know it's coming) find the open man, wait for the trap, and then get the open man the ball. At least that's how I see it.

Tough loss, we'll bounce back I'm sure. Beating Minnesota would go a long way toward restoring my confidence. I want to see us beat some good teams. As of right now, we've feasted on depleted, bad to mediocre teams. Win or lose really doesn't matter to me this season, I just want to see what we can do against the upper echelon of the league. Right now Minnesota is on fire. They are running teams out of the gym. Maybe we can run them out on the 20th.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#123 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:46 am

This wasn't Nurse's best game.

And Kate Scott is still horrible at her job.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,604

Post#124 » by NYSixersFan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:46 am

Murray_17 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Some of you just wait for the team to lose to come out of the bushes and i though i was jaded. Holy **** :lol:

I see no reason to post after beating the Hornets, Pistons, etc...

Nothing has changed for me....Morey is a fraud until proven otherwise. He probably still thinks Tobias is really good.

This current team is not making it past the 2nd round.

Talking about Morey because we lost a random game in december isn't helping you here

I've been calling Morey a fraud for years...even after wins.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#125 » by phillynative » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:48 am

brannigan73 wrote:That was a well deserved loss they plaid terrible outside of Embiid. Would have been easier to take if the bulls were unconscious and played really well they honestly didn't play particularly well but enough to beat a sleepwalking Sixers. These types of efforts are why I am always team tobi sucks and I could care less he is mr. Nice guy.

:lol: It's tobi fault. It always will be.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#126 » by phillynative » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:54 am

76ciology wrote:Would have won the game with Biid dunking that shot if it was defended by Mike Muscala

:lol:
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,788

Post#127 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:01 am

ankle420breaker wrote:This wasn't Nurse's best game.

And Kate Scott is still horrible at her job.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app

:nod:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,542

Post#128 » by eyeatoma » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:05 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Ya'll are hilarious, yeah that wasn't great by Jo, but the team would have been blown out without him. They kept giving up leads with the ass bench, and yes that bench came back, but at that point Vooch was hot. Embiid had atleast 2 calls go against him to get him into foul trouble as well. Not sure why Nurse went with Oubre over Batum either. Learning experience, I think the positives are that we were fighting back, and Jo didn't settle for a contested jumper. Oh, and Maxey was non-existant the 1st half, another big reason why we were down often. He has too many no shows in the 1st quarter, and then just hopes he gets it going. He figured out Caruso in the end, but again, it was the Joel show for 90% of the game.

Ya'll keep **** on Jo though. Clearly he's the reason we lost the game lol... :roll:

All good points. I'm damn sure not trying to pile on Jo, but he gets madd anxiety in tight situations. If he's going to take the last shot, then he needs to take a deep breath and calm himself before the chaos starts. It's the only way he's ever going to be that guy for us. He's got to calm down. Otherwise, let Maxey (who has a calm demeanor in those moments) be the guy. That's all I'm saying.

Now...I will say this...That last lead that we had in that game was created off of a run we made with Joel on the bench. I'm in no way implying that we are better off without him, I'm just pointing that out. Again, it goes back to Maxey. Once Maxey started to assert himself, he took over the fourth quarter. We had a lead, it was back and forth, but Maxey is the one that brought us back from a 12-point deficit to start the 4th. The momentum under this circumstance should have just stayed with him. Once Chicago adjusted and started trapping him, it should have been either a two-man game between him and Joel, OR before the trap comes (you know it's coming) find the open man, wait for the trap, and then get the open man the ball. At least that's how I see it.

Tough loss, we'll bounce back I'm sure. Beating Minnesota would go a long way toward restoring my confidence. I want to see us beat some good teams. As of right now, we've feasted on depleted, bad to mediocre teams. Win or lose really doesn't matter to me this season, I just want to see what we can do against the upper echelon of the league. Right now Minnesota is on fire. They are running teams out of the gym. Maybe we can run them out on the 20th.

Think the key is Maxey, he needs to be a full game player. Not a 2 quarter or 3 quarter player. Jo carried most of the game. Maxey got hot but it was too late.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#129 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:06 am

I do think we need to remind ourselves what exactly the expectations were for this season. I mean before things got going, before the initial hot start. The idea was that we were going to have fun. I have to remind myself that after every tough loss. This one and the Cleveland loss will hurt us later on when the playoff seeding hits. It's a shame, but it's reality.

-The bottom line is we lack size in specific areas that need an upgrade and we need another guard with some size that is playoff playable that can run an offense, get buckets, and settle guys down. Hate to say it, but D'Angelo Russell fits that description. So does Spencer Dinwiddie. Dante Exum, Malaki Branham, Josh Hart, ALEX CARUSO (Hey there's a name)!...I can name more, but I'll have to actually look.

-Kelly Oubre is a chucker. He's a fearless shooter, I do admire that about him, but he lacks any kind of real off-the-bounce offensive skills that you ideally would want from a player that has his size, athleticism, and potential. Games like this one tonight for him are so concerning in potential playoff settings. He's at his best when he's playing within the structure of the team. He's been forcing things lately and it's not a good look for him.

Speaking of forcing things, Maxey has been forcing stuff too. It's not as maddening as it is with Oubre, but it's concerning. Maxey for the most part has a calm, cool demeanor about him. I don't think people realize just how much mental toughness and just overall focus and control over yourself is involved in basketball or any sport for that matter. You take a guy like Oubre who has all the athletic tools in the world to be a 25 ppg scorer in this league and he gets distracted and more concerned with trying to get his by forcing bad shots. The...He starts to just miss everything, which includes wide-open threes. He'll flat-out sink us in a playoff series against Boston.

Whole team just needs to do some yoga and find balance. A few cat cows, followed by a boat pose, maybe a chair pose topped off with a relaxing vinyasa pigeon pose might work wonders for them. I can see it now...David Van Drissen would be the yoga instructor..."MMMkkkay Joel, now we're going to go into a 90/90 pose, remember to let all your bad energy go as we work towards eliminating our late-game anxieties, while also enhancing strength."

Balance, power, and woosah should be the words of the day for Joel until the season ends.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#130 » by phillynative » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:07 am

Atleast we can take comfort in knowing this roster isn't a finished product. Right Morey?

RIGHT MOREY !!??
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#131 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:07 am

eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Think the key is Maxey, he needs to be a full game player. Not a 2 quarter or 3 quarter player. Jo carried most of the game. Maxey got hot but it was too late.

Maxey got the locks put on him by future Boston Celtic Alex Caruso late in the first and it shook him for a bit. That was also where the game started to turn for the worst. Chicago adjusted well. Gotta give them credit. Billy Donovan is a hell of a coach.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#132 » by phillynative » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:10 am

eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Also replacing Tobi with a better fitting 3rd option or shotcreator.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#133 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:11 am

Alex Caruso would literally solve all of the issues we are having with our guards right now. Backup point guard, great defensive player, creates for himself and for others, bigger guard that can play either guard spot, can defend 1-3 positions on the floor. I'd give Chicago whatever they wanted for him.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#134 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:11 am

Relax guys, we’re the 2nd best team all time based on NetRtg.

Its unrealistic to just beat teams like we’re the dream team against Angola every night.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,542

Post#135 » by eyeatoma » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:14 am

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Yup

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
76ciology
RealGM

Post#136 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:15 am

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

I think it’s by design for Maxey not to be a full game player. Need to consider pacing and flow. He usually do his thing at the start of the fourth. But the gap between Maxey taking over and Biid taking over has to be filled.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#137 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 am

Oh and games like tonight only reinforce why we need to stay far away from shiny offensive chuckers like Zach Lavine
76ciology
RealGM

Post#138 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:21 am

Biid needs to pace himself. In terms of performance this reminds me of game 4 of the Hawks series when he was on fire then he also dunked and landed awkwardly, then ended up exhausted in the end.

I think he would have made that shot in the end if he paced himself.

Overall, its ok, its a learning experience. We just need to learn how to pace it. And please solve this pick and pop stretch 5 issue.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#139 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:26 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Oh and games like tonight only reinforce why we need to stay far away from shiny offensive chuckers like Zach Lavine

For me, that guy should be Siakam.

Chucking 3 wise, we can just leave it to Batum, Roco, Oubre, Pat Bev, Melton and Maxey for that.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#140 » by phillynative » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 am

As far as the pick and pop defense. The strategy looks like a peremiter defender is supposed to pick up Embiids stretch big , another player switch to that players man, while Embiid goalies between the closest player in the corner and the rim. I guess they prefer Embiid to pick up the player in the corner because it's the shortest path back to the paint.

Either way they miscommunicated for most of the game and Embiid got caught in no man's land more than he recovered.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers