ImageImageImage

Game 23: Sixers @ Pistons 12/13 @ 7 pm ET Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Re: Game 23: Pistons @ Sixers 12/13 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#21 » by Embiid P » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:44 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I watch these games to look at other players I don't normally get to see. Bojan stands out big time for Detroit. They're just wasting that guy there. They should trade him to a winning team.

Jaden Ivey is like a wild horse. Once he settles down he's going to be a big time scorer in this league.

Glad we got to see Springer and Martin tonight. Both can contribute on winning teams. Both should remain in Philly.

I know some here are clamoring for Bojan to the Sixers and he'd be a decent fit on our roster but his age (will be 35 come playoff time) scares me especially in a 7 game series vs. the Celtics whose wings would run circles around him on both sides of the ball. I mean he could be valuable as a 4th or 5th option but expecting him to carry us past Boston, Milwaukee or Miami is highly unrealistic. We need to be getting younger and faster not older and slower IMO.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Re: Game 23: Pistons @ Sixers 12/13 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#22 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 am

Embiid P wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I watch these games to look at other players I don't normally get to see. Bojan stands out big time for Detroit. They're just wasting that guy there. They should trade him to a winning team.

Jaden Ivey is like a wild horse. Once he settles down he's going to be a big time scorer in this league.

Glad we got to see Springer and Martin tonight. Both can contribute on winning teams. Both should remain in Philly.

I know some here are clamoring for Bojan to the Sixers and he'd be a decent fit on our roster but his age (will be 35 come playoff time) scares me especially in a 7 game series vs. the Celtics whose wings would run circles around him on both sides of the ball. I mean he could be valuable as a 4th or 5th option but expecting him to carry us past Boston, Milwaukee or Miami is highly unrealistic. We need to be getting younger and faster not older and slower IMO.

I agree, I like him, I root for him, but he's not it for us. I just think Detroit should trade him. Coincidentally he'd be great in Boston or Milwaukee.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Re: Game 23: Sixers @ Pistons 12/13 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#23 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:38 pm

We can't stop winning with Neo Oubre playing again, shows how important he is for us.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,591

Post#24 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:42 pm

Hopefully this taught them a lesson. Take these **** teams seriously, don't **** off, and you don't have to play the 4th quarter. That's what the Giannis/Bud Bucks used to do.

It's probably the best way to manage these guys minutes too, because Nurse DNGAF about that

I'm sure they'll be right back to **** off Friday tho
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,076

Post#25 » by Sixerscan » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:03 pm

youngcrev wrote:Hopefully this taught them a lesson. Take these **** teams seriously, don't **** off, and you don't have to play the 4th quarter. That's what the Giannis/Bud Bucks used to do.

It's probably the best way to manage these guys minutes too, because Nurse DNGAF about that

Embiid hasn’t played in the 4th quarter of 7 of 20 games this year, including the last two, hopefully they keep it up.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#26 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Hopefully this taught them a lesson. Take these **** teams seriously, don't **** off, and you don't have to play the 4th quarter. That's what the Giannis/Bud Bucks used to do.

Embiid hasn’t played in the 4th quarter of 7 of 20 games this year, including the last two, hopefully they keep it up.

Good stat.

I feel like they usually just blast these teams in the 3rd. It was good to see some effort from the start. I hate when they just let teams hang around.

Of course, since Jo basically plays the entire 1st and 3rd, he still ends up playing quite a bit in these ones regardless.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,795

Post#27 » by Sixersftw » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:49 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

Good stat.

I feel like they usually just blast these teams in the 3rd. It was good to see some effort from the start. I hate when they just let teams hang around.

Of course, since Jo basically plays the entire 1st and 3rd, he still ends up playing quite a bit in these ones regardless.

Yeah, but that has been his typical shift for a while. I don't see those minutes as hugely impactful. Also, Jo has gotten much better at throttling up/down effort versus these kind of teams. That's why it seems like the opposition just get decapitated in the 3rd.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#28 » by youngcrev » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:54 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Embiid hasn’t played in the 4th quarter of 7 of 20 games this year, including the last two, hopefully they keep it up.

Good stat.

Yeah, but that has been his typical shift for a while. I don't see those minutes as hugely impactful. Also, Jo has gotten much better at throttling up/down effort versus these kind of teams. That's why it seems like the opposition just get decapitated in the 3rd.

Yeah, I'm just saying, even when he doesn't play the 4th, he's still racking up mileage because of that. Just an observation.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Post#29 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:07 am

I just tuned into to watch the end of the bench guys. Jaden is on the ball , than cov decides to bring the ball up and automatically get stripped.

Jaden should be bringing the ball up every possession with who's out there on the floor. No excuse.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers