Sixers V Hawks 12/8/23 : Floor Lolipop man back to defend the rim

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: Sixers V Hawks 12/8/23 : Floor Lolipop man back to defend the rim 

Post#81 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:27 am

Only thing I like is clap your hands.

Anyone wanna take bets on how many weeks Jo is out? I say 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#82 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:29 am

It's a win, we need them. I wasn't sure where this one was headed. Atlanta was hitting threes and Hunter had himself a nice game. I'd love to get that guy in Philly. Bring him home.

I hope the knee is ok for Joel. That sucks. Maybe he sits against Washington? I don't know, these guys are babies these days.

Maxey was great in 4th as usual. His consistency is impressive.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#83 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:30 am

eyeatoma wrote:Only thing I like is clap your hands.

Anyone wanna take bets on how many weeks Jo is out? I say 3 weeks.

We've got a decent stretch of games in front of us. If there was ever a time to sit him it's now.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#84 » by Skates » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:32 am

Kelly is really impressing me with his D and rebounding, uses his athleticism effectively added to some nice shot creation. I’d like to save some cap space to sign him this summer if he keeps this up.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#85 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:39 am

Oubre is a very important piece so far. A team changer.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Post#86 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:40 am

eyeatoma wrote:Embiid heads to the bench, trips over something. He is such a clutz.

I blame our nursing staff . They should have unknocked his knees a long time ago .
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#87 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:42 am

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Embiid heads to the bench, trips over something. He is such a clutz.

I blame our nursing staff . They should have unknocked his knees a long time ago .
Is that actually possible?

phillynative
General Manager

Post#88 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:47 am

NN on Morris " He's very experienced ""Confident shooter" " Face up game". and gives us some veteran presence,physicality ".."But everyone should stay ready, 13 guys that can hit the floor any night"....

Idk man he seems enamored by him.

Hopefully he realizes that playing Him and Batum for long stretches is a detriment because they are slow and old adding to an already slow and old Tobi
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#89 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:47 am

Read on Twitter
?t=6tN1eKXGSxbVharMRoMIzw&s=19

Yup we ****

phillynative
General Manager

Post#90 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:50 am

eyeatoma wrote:
phillynative wrote:

There is a surgical procedure for it but I'm not sure how common/risky it is. Either way I was joking.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#91 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:51 am

phillynative wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
phillynative wrote:

There is a surgical procedure for it but I'm not sure how common/risky it is. Either way I was joking.
Ah ok

zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#92 » by zaz102 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:00 am

phillynative wrote:NN on Morris " He's very experienced ""Confident shooter" " Face up game". and gives us some veteran presence,physicality ".."But everyone should stay ready, 13 guys that can hit the floor any night"....

Idk man he seems enamored by him.

Hopefully he realizes that playing Him and Batum for long stretches is a detriment because they are slow and old adding to an already slow and old Tobi
You're not kidding. I feel like I'm missing something.

Why is Morris playing over Covington? And why is BBalls time going down and Bamba's going up?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#93 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:12 am

I trust Nick Nurse big time. He has to see what these guys can do. Doc never did that and we all complained about it. Nurse does try different guys/lineups and some of us complain about it. Sounds about right. Just let the guy figure it out. He's a hell of a basketball coach and if Jo misses any time, he'll have his work cut out for him.

Paul Reed will be back in rotation. Bamba hasn't gotten any time. Obviously Nurse sees something in Bamba that casual fans don't. The guy was a lotto pick a couple years ago. Maybe Nurse can unlock something in him, but he has to see the floor in order for that to happen.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#94 » by zaz102 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:16 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I trust Nick Nurse big time. He has to see what these guys can do. Doc never did that and we all complained about it. Nurse does try different guys/lineups and some of us complain about it. Sounds about right. Just let the guy figure it out. He's a hell of a basketball coach and if Jo misses any time, he'll have his work cut out for him.

Paul Reed will be back in rotation. Bamba hasn't gotten any time. Obviously Nurse sees something in Bamba that casual fans don't. The guy was a lotto pick a couple years ago. Maybe Nurse can unlock something in him, but he has to see the floor in order for that to happen.
You bring up good points. Rather have Nurse trying stuff. Especially since it's hard to say who will be here and who won't after the trade deadline.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#95 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:22 am

zaz102 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I trust Nick Nurse big time. He has to see what these guys can do. Doc never did that and we all complained about it. Nurse does try different guys/lineups and some of us complain about it. Sounds about right. Just let the guy figure it out. He's a hell of a basketball coach and if Jo misses any time, he'll have his work cut out for him.

You bring up good points. Rather have Nurse trying stuff. Especially since it's hard to say who will be here and who won't after the trade deadline.

The actual rotation as in postseason rotation will be settled and in place after the all star break. Right now I think it's best that we use all of our guys to keep everyone fresh. If Jo misses any amount of time over the knee injury from tonight, then Bamba and Reed will have great opportunities to shine.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,994

Post#96 » by Mik317 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:33 am

i will openly admit that I have never liked Morris and that is clouding my view bigtime and I have always overrated Cov so its a double wammy of bias at play.

that being said while I will whine like a bitch about it all the time and question it all the time; Nurse has a free pass until he costs us a playoff series with nonsense. I love BBall but he has been ass and apparently really really ass this game (missed those minutes) so going to Bamba is hopefully a sign that Nurse isn't as rigid

But still let me get my **** off anyway lol. I just think getting guys who can move on the floor over guys who can't would solve a lot of the issues and Morris represents guys who can't move anymore even if its not all his fault. I feel like playing guys like Cov, BBall and even House adds an element the team desperately needs..Morris is a slower even more black hole version of Tobias..add that with Batum who is also slow (he makes up for it with his passing and quick trigger) and its a bad combo...and even with my bias I don't see how a coach can't see that

but again Nurse gets a year or rather a playoff series before I go full bitch mode lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
phillynative
General Manager

Post#97 » by phillynative » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:00 pm

Mik317 wrote:i will openly admit that I have never liked Morris and that is clouding my view bigtime and I have always overrated Cov so its a double wammy of bias at play.

that being said while I will whine like a bitch about it all the time and question it all the time; Nurse has a free pass until he costs us a playoff series with nonsense. I love BBall but he has been ass and apparently really really ass this game (missed those minutes) so going to Bamba is hopefully a sign that Nurse isn't as rigid

But still let me get my **** off anyway lol. I just think getting guys who can move on the floor over guys who can't would solve a lot of the issues and Morris represents guys who can't move anymore even if its not all his fault. I feel like playing guys like Cov, BBall and even House adds an element the team desperately needs..Morris is a slower even more black hole version of Tobias..add that with Batum who is also slow (he makes up for it with his passing and quick trigger) and its a bad combo...and even with my bias I don't see how a coach can't see that

but again Nurse gets a year or rather a playoff series before I go full bitch mode lol

This is my concern . I get that they are vets that know what to do on the floor but their inability to stay in front of players add more pressure to the paint where Embiid is the only detterent. We don't need injury prone Biid overexerting himself everytime down the floor during the regular season as he has by far the highest usage rate in the NBA.

If he want to keep playing Morris until he has a few bad games than fine.
Why is Tobi and Batum playing so many mins with the amount of depth we have. 30-35mins per game.

That is a trio of slow , unathletics forwards that need to be broken up a bit.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,831

Post#98 » by the_process » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:52 pm

Mik317 wrote:i will openly admit that I have never liked Morris and that is clouding my view bigtime and I have always overrated Cov so its a double wammy of bias at play.

Agreed 100%.

I also don't understand how these decision makers and executives don't understand the concept of there's only so many premium minutes in a player's legs. So wasting them in December vs. Atlanta instead of in May against Boston or Milwaukee is foolhardy. Morey even blew it off by saying "Maxey's only 23, he's fine". No! Stop playing him 38 minutes a night, it's stupid and unnecessary. Jo even more so, because he starts moping around and whining when he's tired.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,153

Post#99 » by mjkvol » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:06 am

eyeatoma wrote:I love our crowd but I have to say we have the worst arena audio. Terribly cheesy music and that annoying B grade horror movie audio they use when we're trying to play defense.

It's so cringe. No other team has those noises.

Well, it does perfectly compliment our stellar TV broadcast team.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,153

Post#100 » by mjkvol » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:13 am

This x 1000.

After three years of Glenn's reluctance to vary his precious rotations, we have a coach who actually understands that the regular season is the time to see what you have on the roster and fine tune rotations as we get closer to playoff time rather than an opportunity to pad his career W-L. Let the man work and do his thing.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers