ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Re: Game 11: Celtics @ Sixers 11/15 @ 7:30 pm ET ESPN Thread 

Post#341 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:05 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Jokic, I misspelled it. I'm definitely not questioning his conditioning or even throwing off on him. I like Jokic. I just don't get why Embiid gets so much hate. The first semblance of a loss and people show up to hate on Embiid while comparing how crappy he is vrs how awesome Jokic is.

I mean it's pretty simple, not hate, but reality, Embiid is not built for playoff atmosphere on offense, part of his game relies on drawing fouls and he is not particularly good against double teams. Jokic is the opposite of that.
It's not hate to point out the years of evidence of him coming up short when it matters, at this point this is who he is until he proves otherwise, it's on him to prove us wrong.
But of course, it's easier to say "hate" or "trolling".

"Trolling" occurs when someone posts something for no purpose other than to arouse an emotional response in other people. One can easily be pissed off about how this team appears to be anchored in a second-round playoff exit every year by virtue of its lack of character, driven primarily by Embiid (and previously Simmons and Harden, other players without championship character), post that, and have it simply be self expression that has nothing to do with arousing anybody else's feelings.

In other words, don't flatter yourself. Not everybody here is posting things with YOU and your feelings in mind. I couldn't care less about what feelings are aroused in everybody else by my posts here -- I'm going to respectfully post what I believe about the team, and if you're unable to insulate yourself against it in some way that causes you distress, well then there is an ignore function here that works quite well. Likewise I'll give you the freedom to respectfully post whatever you believe, and I won't make you try to "own" whatever it might do to my feelings.

Oh I totally agree. That's why both you and Bum are on ignore. I was signed out and that's the only reason I saw both of your responses. Yeah totally...Back on ignore the both of you go. I guess there's a win after all.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 858

Post#342 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:06 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
I mean it's pretty simple, not hate, but reality, Embiid is not built for playoff atmosphere on offense, part of his game relies on drawing fouls and he is not particularly good against double teams. Jokic is the opposite of that.
It's not hate to point out the years of evidence of him coming up short when it matters, at this point this is who he is until he proves otherwise, it's on him to prove us wrong.
But of course, it's easier to say "hate" or "trolling".

"Trolling" occurs when someone posts something for no purpose other than to arouse an emotional response in other people. One can easily be pissed off about how this team appears to be anchored in a second-round playoff exit every year by virtue of its lack of character, driven primarily by Embiid (and previously Simmons and Harden, other players without championship character), post that, and have it simply be self expression that has nothing to do with arousing anybody else's feelings.

In other words, don't flatter yourself. Not everybody here is posting things with YOU and your feelings in mind. I couldn't care less about what feelings are aroused in everybody else by my posts here -- I'm going to respectfully post what I believe about the team, and if you're unable to insulate yourself against it in some way that causes you distress, well then there is an ignore function here that works quite well. Likewise I'll give you the freedom to respectfully post whatever you believe, and I won't make you try to "own" whatever it might do to my feelings.

Oh I totally agree. That's why both you and Bum are on ignore. I was signed out and that

Whatever manufactures your emotional boundaries for you is fine with me.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,149

Post#343 » by mjkvol » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:27 pm

Dnt hate wrote:Ive seen enough, not a hot take: with Batum and Oubre we have a chance to beat Celtics in a 7 game series. Morey absolutely needs to bring them both back on 2 to 3 year contracts

Or go and get 2-3 players like them - Batum and Oubre are not exactly unique players.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#344 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:31 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:"Trolling" occurs when someone posts something for no purpose other than to arouse an emotional response in other people. One can easily be pissed off about how this team appears to be anchored in a second-round playoff exit every year by virtue of its lack of character, driven primarily by Embiid (and previously Simmons and Harden, other players without championship character), post that, and have it simply be self expression that has nothing to do with arousing anybody else's feelings.

Oh I totally agree. That's why both you and Bum are on ignore. I was signed out and that

If you truly want to try and bait this into becoming something more than basketball talk, feel free to private message me and we can go from there. Otherwise I'm going to keep this basketball related for the ones on here that actually...you know...Talk basketball.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 858

Post#345 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:39 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

If you truly want to try and bait this into becoming something more than basketball talk, feel free to private message me and we can go from there. Otherwise I'm going to keep this basketball related for the ones on here that actually...you know...Talk basketball.

Sure thing. How do you feel this response of yours fits with that?

"Oh I totally agree. That's why both you and Bum are on ignore. I was signed out and that"

Sound like "basketball"?
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#346 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:37 pm

It really doesn't, but I don't really care either.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#347 » by Dnt hate » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:04 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Dnt hate wrote:Ive seen enough, not a hot take: with Batum and Oubre we have a chance to beat Celtics in a 7 game series. Morey absolutely needs to bring them both back on 2 to 3 year contracts

Or go and get 2-3 players like them - Batum and Oubre are not exactly unique players.

Actually i disagree, Batum has the quick release of Klay, passing like Diaw and sneaky good shot blocking. That's extremely unique, he's a winning player
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#348 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:59 am

Dnt hate wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Actually i disagree, Batum has the quick release of Klay, passing like Diaw and sneaky good shot blocking. That's extremely unique, he's a winning player

I like Batum and Oubre, but there's a good chance Batum will either retire or return to the west coast next season, and who knows with Oubre. My point is that athletic wings that can shoot and play some defense need to be a priority here, whether it's these two guys or other players.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#349 » by eyeatoma » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:26 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:Embiid has GOT to stop this obsession with trying to be point center and bring the ball up the court because he sees Jokic do it.

To be fair I recall Nurse saying that he wanted him to do that at the start of the season.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#350 » by eyeatoma » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:26 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:It really doesn't, but I don't really care either.

Nobody cares...
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Post#351 » by Stanford » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:33 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Nobody cares...

You keep responding to him though
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#352 » by eyeatoma » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:52 pm

Stanford wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Nobody cares...

I'm trying, it's really hard.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,623

Post#353 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:57 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Embiid has GOT to stop this obsession with trying to be point center and bring the ball up the court because he sees Jokic do it.

To be fair I recall Nurse saying that he wanted him to do that at the start of the season.

If that’s the case, I stand corrected. Pretty sure Nurse doesn’t like him getting plucked from it at minimum once a game though. Especially in crucial situations.
always a jump shot away.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#354 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:12 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Stanford wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Nobody cares...

I'm trying, it's really hard.

Bum and Ferry are where the ignore feature really comes into its own. I've never used it for anyone else, but it's mandatory for those two.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,989

Post#355 » by Mik317 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:53 pm

think the idea is that whoever gets the ball off rebound pushes it across to get us into our sets early or a leak out layup.

Biid is just too careless at it lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers