Kelly Oubre struck by car, serious injuries, but not life threatening

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,586

Re: Kelly Oubre struck by car, serious injuries, but not life threatenting 

Post#81 » by GSWFan1994 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Howdy gentlemen,

Just passing by to send my well wishes on Kelly's recovery. That must feel really bad for you guys, such bad luck...

Having gone under the knife 4 times in the last 20 years, I've had my fair share of bad luck with injuries as well, though not the same case (hit & run).

I'm just hoping that you guys can have a full, healthy team to root for during the most important part of the season.

Greetings from a brazilian Warriors fan.
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 557

Re: Kelly Oubre struck by car, serious injuries, but not life threatening 

Post#82 » by sodmoraes » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:11 pm

Maybe the ribs are just cracked and he can comeback in less than a month?
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,825

Post#83 » by the_process » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Well wishes and a fast recovery to Kelly.

As for the Sixers, as mentioned this is the second player the franchise has tried to kill and this is way beyond coincidental now.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#84 » by zaz102 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:52 pm

From Pompey

According to the incident report, Kelly Oubre Jr. was struck in the upper chest area with the Silver vehicle's driver-side mirrior. The car then fled the scene, according to the incident report. The report adds that PFD Medics responded to the scene and transported Oubre to Jefferson Hospital in stable condition. In addition to a broken rib, the incident report said he suffered injuries to his hip and right leg.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#85 » by TheBallsDeeper » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:23 am

I broke my ribs pretty badly 12 months ago - still have issues sleeping now.

It was excruciating for the first month. I sneezed and nearly crashed my car. I've broken my arm, fingers, thumb, foot, toes. Ribs are the worst.

Unless it's just a small fracture, he'll be out for 3 months and struggle with it for the rest of the season. The problem will be, his brain will subconsciously try and protect his ribs, so his movement with be really impacted.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,146

Post#86 » by mjkvol » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:41 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I broke my ribs pretty badly 12 months ago - still have issues sleeping now.

It was excruciating for the first month. I sneezed and nearly crashed my car. I've broken my arm, fingers, thumb, foot, toes. Ribs are the worst.

Unless it's just a small fracture, he'll be out for 3 months and struggle with it for the rest of the season. The problem will be, his brain will subconsciously try and protect his ribs, so his movement with be really impacted.

He's a young professional athlete, he's going to get the best care and rehab imaginable, and we don't know how bad the break is.

It's apples and oranges comparing the recovery time of a pro athlete to an average person.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#87 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:16 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I broke my ribs pretty badly 12 months ago - still have issues sleeping now.

Hope you're doing better now. That does not sound fun at all.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#88 » by TheBallsDeeper » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:29 pm

mjkvol wrote:

He's a young professional athlete, he's going to get the best care and rehab imaginable, and we don't know how bad the break is.

It's apples and oranges comparing the recovery time of a pro athlete to an average person.

I have access to the medical staff from a professional sports team who helped me with the injury, they say there is basically nothing you can do to speed up the recovery of broken ribs.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,520

Post#89 » by Snotbubbles » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:47 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I have access to the medical staff from a professional sports team who helped me with the injury, they say there is basically nothing you can do to speed up the recovery of broken ribs.

Wife used to work with Flyers team doctors over at Penn. Broken ribs are a 4 week recovery.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#90 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:43 am

Snotbubbles wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Wife used to work with Flyers team doctors over at Penn. Broken ribs are a 4 week recovery.

Hahahahahaha. You're wife is full of ****.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by Snotbubbles » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:57 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I have access to the medical staff from a professional sports team who helped me with the injury, they say there is basically nothing you can do to speed up the recovery of broken ribs.

Well when an unnamed Flyers star in the early 2000s came into their office and was diagnosed with broken ribs, the team listed him as "day-to-day with an upper body injury" and she said, that he'll be out a month with that injury. He was out a month.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#92 » by agiaco » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:20 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:

Well when an unnamed Flyers star in the early 2000s came into their office and was diagnosed with broken ribs, the team listed him as "day-to-day with an upper body injury" and she said, that he'll be out a month with that injury. He was out a month.

Was he hit by a car?
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by Snotbubbles » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:29 pm

agiaco wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Hahahahahaha. You're wife is full of ****.

Was he hit by a car?

Why would that be relevant? Do broken bones sustained by car accident heal differently than broken bones sustained in other manners?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#94 » by agiaco » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
agiaco wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:

Was he hit by a car?

Why would that be relevant? Do broken bones sustained by car accident heal differently than broken bones sustained in other manners?

The point is the severity differs and Oubre sustained multiple injuries. One guy your wife treated 20 years ago who recovered in a month is not all that comparable.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,701

Post#95 » by FireMorey » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:20 pm

Not going to jump to any conclusions yet, but police have investigated and have been unable to find video evidence of the hit and run or any eyewitnesses. That area of Philly is full of CCTVs, so they'd have a wide range of areas covered. Also it's a heavily trafficked area by pedestrian. Some people are speculating that he wasn't hit by a car and made up a story as some sort of cover for something else going down.

I'm not going to go there now, no reason to make any assumptions about anything. I'll take his word for it until the facts can irrefutably prove otherwise. But just wanted to share the update nonetheless.

Read on Twitter
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,101

Post#96 » by Embiid P » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:31 pm

FireMorey wrote:Not going to jump to any conclusions yet, but police have investigated and have been unable to find video evidence of the hit and run or any eyewitnesses. That area of Philly is full of CCTVs, so they'd have a wide range of areas covered. Also it's a heavily trafficked area by pedestrian. Some people are speculating that he wasn't hit by a car and made up a story as some sort of cover for something else going down.

I'm not going to go there now, no reason to make any assumptions about anything. I'll take his word for it until the facts can irrefutably prove otherwise. But just wanted to share the update nonetheless.

Read on Twitter

Crazy. So what would happen to him (assuming he is able to recover in a timely fashion) if it came out that he was lying? Would he be subject to some sort of discipline whether legally or by the Sixers?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,584

Post#97 » by Black Mage » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:37 pm

FireMorey wrote:Not going to jump to any conclusions yet, but police have investigated and have been unable to find video evidence of the hit and run or any eyewitnesses. That area of Philly is full of CCTVs, so they'd have a wide range of areas covered. Also it's a heavily trafficked area by pedestrian. Some people are speculating that he wasn't hit by a car and made up a story as some sort of cover for something else going down.

Read on Twitter

A fake report of a hit n run? Would totally fit in with Sixers bat-sh** crazy things that happen to this team.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by FireMorey » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:38 pm

Embiid P wrote:

Read on Twitter

Crazy. So what would happen to him (assuming he is able to recover in a timely fashion) if it came out that he was lying? Would he be subject to some sort of discipline whether legally or by the Sixers?

It could fall under obstruction of justice legally, which is a misdemeanor in PA. He'd probably just be fined for that. If it turned out he did lie(which again, not even going there yet) it would depend on what would be covered up to grasp the full extent of any legal penalties. For example, if someone lies just because they don't feel like giving info to the cops, then it would probably just be a fine and end there. If they lied because they beat the crap out of someone and received injuries in the process and tried to cover up some other type of crime, then that's another story.

I'd also assume in terms of the NBA he probably wouldn't be suspended for just lying to cops if it came to that, but if it happened to cover up something bad then it would come into play.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,610

Post#99 » by Jailblazers7 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:50 pm

One of the replies to that tweet said it’s sounds like he was hit by an off duty cop :lol:

I say we just all walk away & call it a day. No need to investigate any further lol
FireMorey
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by FireMorey » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:13 pm

Clarification: police saying they do have video of the location and time in question, but there was no accident at the time and location Oubre gave police. But they said they have not accused him of lying and will continue to review video footage to try and find it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers