ImageImageImage

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Re: James Harden Appreciation Thread 

Post#41 » by phillynative » Mon Dec 4, 2023 9:05 pm

I thought the NBA already investigated this situation before the season started. Even if Morey did promise him something I'm sure Morey is seasoned enough to not leave the bread crumbs...
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#42 » by Skates » Mon Dec 4, 2023 9:33 pm

phillynative wrote:I thought the NBA already investigated this situation before the season started. Even if Morey did promise him something I'm sure Morey is seasoned enough to not leave the bread crumbs...

They did and they would have asked more probing questions than Amick did, plus none of what Harden said happened even sounds like breaking the rules. The team has already admitted that the radio silence Harden complained of in the pre FA period by the Sixers was them being overly cautious because of what happened last year.

Harden’s delusions of being a max player these days, that Amick worked hard to support are laughable. This was a PR piece from Harden who wants his new nickname to be The Big Sacrifice.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,945

Post#43 » by HotelVitale » Mon Dec 4, 2023 9:52 pm

Skates wrote:
phillynative wrote:I thought the NBA already investigated this situation before the season started. Even if Morey did promise him something I'm sure Morey is seasoned enough to not leave the bread crumbs...

They did and they would have asked more probing questions than Amick did, plus none of what Harden said happened even sounds like breaking the rules. The team has already admitted that the radio silence Harden complained of in the pre FA period by the Sixers was them being overly cautious because of what happened last year.

Harden’s delusions of being a max player these days, that Amick worked hard to support are laughable. This was a PR piece from Harden who wants his new nickname to be The Big Sacrifice.

Yeah, and I'm assuming we all think that any 'promise' was more like 'we love you and will make it work, bud' rather than something like 'we will absolutely give you a 4/230 contract that takes you through age 38 on day one of FA' or whatever. This article doesn't really challenge that, and it sounds like Harden punting on the chance to contradict it.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#44 » by SixthStreet » Mon Dec 4, 2023 9:55 pm

What does Harden mean by "max"? Morey might have meant 1 yr + 1 yr team option at the max. Seems Morey either played this above board or adequately covered his tracks. My opinion is Morey simply didn't want to resign him (at any price or term) and he knew Harden would trip over himself and ask out, solving the problem cleanly.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,709

Post#45 » by rzzzzz » Tue Dec 5, 2023 2:30 pm

I don’t care what Morey says now. Haliburton was packing for Philly. Probably along with Hield. And we wouldn’t have had to give up those picks, let alone Curry and Drummond. Morey was Ahab and Harden was the great bearded whale.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,610

Post#46 » by Jailblazers7 » Tue Dec 5, 2023 3:46 pm

So does Houston also get investigated here? Sounds like Harden confirmed his reps met with Houston while still under contract with Philly.

Honestly, I’d just ignore all this if I was Silver. Chalk it up to Harden being full of sh*t & keep it moving.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,331

Post#47 » by Arsenal » Tue Dec 5, 2023 3:49 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:So does Houston also get investigated here? Sounds like Harden confirmed his reps met with Houston while still under contract with Philly.

Honestly, I’d just ignore all this if I was Silver. Chalk it up to Harden being full of sh*t & keep it moving.

Houston should send us picks for tampering! We're the aggrieved party!!!
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,069

Post#48 » by Negrodamus » Tue Dec 5, 2023 3:54 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Who cares? Get us past the 2nd round (and it was in hand for multiple games) and the max is yours. Instead, it was botched. A promise doesn't matter. The contract is what matters. Very glad we traded him.

We'll care if the NBA investigates a third time and takes away all the Sixers draft picks for tampering and CBA circumvention.

Just going to hope the league considers this a settled matter.

What's the investigation? Harden's word over Morey's? Harden, the jilted spouse in this relationship who is on a Morey slander tour since last year, isn't a reliable narrator.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,825

Post#49 » by the_process » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:06 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Who cares? Get us past the 2nd round (and it was in hand for multiple games) and the max is yours. Instead, it was botched. A promise doesn't matter. The contract is what matters. Very glad we traded him.

We'll care if the NBA investigates a third time and takes away all the Sixers draft picks for tampering and CBA circumvention.

Just going to hope the league considers this a settled matter.

What's the investigation? Harden's word over Morey's? Harden, the jilted spouse in this relationship who is on a Morey slander tour since last year, isn't a reliable narrator.

I hope you're correct. Don't trust Silver as far as I can throw him, however.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,811

Post#50 » by 76ciology » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:34 pm

Morey said in RTRS that Embiid always secretly wants to play like Magic Johnson.

How can you trust this guy?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,476

Post#51 » by Eyeamok » Tue Dec 5, 2023 7:12 pm

Harden is on a scorched earth tour. First the 76ers now Houston. If LA does not give him a max they are next.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,331

Post#52 » by Arsenal » Tue Dec 5, 2023 11:59 pm

76ciology wrote:Morey said in RTRS that Embiid always secretly wants to play like Magic Johnson.

How can you trust this guy?

So far so good this year. He's become a poor man's Jokic in terms of distributing, which is great.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers