Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,330

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#41 » by Arsenal » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:10 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:[streamable][/streamable]
ProcessDoctor wrote:
This is expirings/three 1sts/three 1st swaps.

Out of curiosity, what would you offer?

Cut a first and change their origin, remove all swaps and replace with 2nds and a Lowry exchange.

Harris, Korkmaz, Morris, Batum, 26 PHI 1st, 28 PHI 1st, and four 2nds of Miami's choosing for Butler and Lowry.

I would also expect Miami to decline.

Why cheap out on an opportunity to re-unite Butler and Embiid though?

I can't think of a better scenario for us, especially if we could keep Springer (and Maxey obviously).

Edit- Some comparable players and packages they went for:

Lillard = Ayton/Brogdan/Williams/three 1sts/two 1st swaps

Durant = Bridges/Johson/Crowder/four 1sts/one 1st swap

Because Butler is now 34 years old, not 29 like when we initially traded for him. Plus he has an obscene contract. And injury issues are becoming frequent with him.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,146

Post#42 » by mjkvol » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:14 pm

Arsenal wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
mjkvol wrote:Brogden is about as perfect a fit as we're going to find in those available. We'd only be into him for one year beyond this season at a reasonable price given the fit. Obviously, health is the biggest issue.

Probably, might just take a meh 1st to nab him so he’d be a reasonable upgrade at a reasonable price. He can create a decent shot, spots up really well, and can role play on both sides of the ball. Would definitely suck if he wasn’t healthy in the PO, why we shouldn’t pay more than that to get him.

(Also your sig makes me think of another Dylan line from Blonde on blonde, ‘you gotta be honest to live outside the law.’)

I would hope Brogdon makes some noise behind the scenes asking to be traded to us. We're the logical contending spot for him after everything that's happened the last few months.

If he makes it known he wants to come here, maybe we get a good price. Like expirings (Morris + Kork or House) and a couple 2nds ideally.

I'm sure JRoy would be looking for multiple 1st's.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#43 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Nov 2, 2023 6:27 pm

Arsenal wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Cut a first and change their origin, remove all swaps and replace with 2nds and a Lowry exchange.

Harris, Korkmaz, Morris, Batum, 26 PHI 1st, 28 PHI 1st, and four 2nds of Miami's choosing for Butler and Lowry.

Why cheap out on an opportunity to re-unite Butler and Embiid though?

I can't think of a better scenario for us, especially if we could keep Springer (and Maxey obviously).

Edit- Some comparable players and packages they went for:

Because Butler is now 34 years old, not 29 like when we initially traded for him. Plus he has an obscene contract. And injury issues are becoming frequent with him.

Holiday is 34 and just got traded for two 1sts. The above examples were 33 and 34 respectively when they were traded.

34 is the new 31 lol.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,825

Post#44 » by the_process » Thu Nov 2, 2023 9:38 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
This is expirings/three 1sts/three 1st swaps.

Out of curiosity, what would you offer?

Why cheap out on an opportunity to re-unite Butler and Embiid though? I can't think of a better scenario for us, especially if we could keep Springer (and Maxey obviously).

Edit- Some comparable players and the packages they went for:

Butler is not that guy anymore. Unless you're getting like Giannis, gotta keep the powder dry. The team is two pieces away from contending, not one. Use all the assets on one guy and you can't finish the puzzle.

Also they need to get younger guys. Regardless of what propaganda Daryl has thrown out there, I think he knows it was an epic mistake to chase his white whale over securing Haliburton pre-breakout (I get he won't admit anything publicly, but if he doesn't know and won't admit it privately he should be fired).

A Haliburton-Maxey-Embiid trio (assuming depth) would be right in title contention.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,146

Post#45 » by mjkvol » Thu Nov 2, 2023 10:25 pm

the_process wrote:Butler is not that guy anymore. Unless you're getting like Giannis, gotta keep the powder dry. The team is two pieces away from contending, not one. Use all the assets on one guy and you can't finish the puzzle.

Also they need to get younger guys. Regardless of what propaganda Daryl has thrown out there, I think he knows it was an epic mistake to chase his white whale over securing Haliburton pre-breakout (I get he won't admit anything publicly, but if he doesn't know and won't admit it privately he should be fired).

A Haliburton-Maxey-Embiid trio (assuming depth) would be right in title contention.

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second. Morey's goal was a win-now piece, Harden was the best one available, and we had our best shot of the Embiid era of winning. The idea that this would be a title contender with Haliburton is a major stretch, and one where there is no way of ever knowing.

Morey came into an impossible situation, and while there were some missteps (Tucker), he got us from train wreck to contender in a crazy short time. The one thing I fault him for if he had any say in the matter was not schiitcanning Glenn before last season and therefore wasting a great shot at winning.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,805

Post#46 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 3, 2023 7:23 am

Portland:
27M expiring (Batum and Marcus Morris)
2026 OKC 1st round pick
2028 Sixers first round pick swap option
- Dumps cap and gets more picks

Raptors:
Jaden Springer
Robert Covington
Furkan Korkmaz
2028 Clippers first round pick
2029 Clippers pick swap option
2029 Sixers 1st round pick
- Springer is a young talent that fits with Barnes; can easily trade him for a pick
- LAC pick swap can be converted to another pick (trade with Pels for their 2024 Bucks 1st or call OKC again)
- Frees up more shot attempts for Siakam for him to be a happy camper
- 2-4 first round picks for a RFA

Raptors 5:
Dennis Schroeder
Gray Trent Jr
Robert Covington
Pascal Siakam
Jacob Poetl

Sixers:
OG Anunoby
Jerami Grant
- gets two borderline star wings
- still has a few wiggle room of cap space after the trade for some depth next season

Sixers 5:
Tyrese Maxey
OG Anunoby
Tobias Harris
Jerami Grant
Joel Embiid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,591

Post#47 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:07 am

Expirings (Morris, Batum, Korkmaz, House) and picks distributed however necessary for OG and Brogdon.

Tyrese Maxey
DeAnthony Melton
OG Anunobi
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

Good, well balanced starting lineup with really good defense and good spacing around Maxey/Embiid. OG and Tobias serve as co-3rd options.

Brogdon is coming off a 6th man of the year award, so no adjustment needed. Has the right combination of size, on ball creation and off ball shooting to be a good fit with Maxey for stretches.

Oubre, Covington, Reed, Springer, Martin, Pat Bev fill out the rest of the bench with guys that can be mixed in with the staggered starters and Brogdon.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,922

Post#48 » by Wilfried » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:22 am

youngcrev wrote:Expirings (Morris, Batum, Korkmaz, House) and picks distributed however necessary for OG and Brogdon.

Tyrese Maxey
DeAnthony Melton
OG Anunobi
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

Good, well balanced starting lineup with really good defense and good spacing around Maxey/Embiid. OG and Tobias serve as co-3rd options.

Brogdon is coming off a 6th man of the year award, so no adjustment needed. Has the right combination of size, on ball creation and off ball shooting to be a good fit with Maxey for stretches.

Oubre, Covington, Reed, Springer, Martin, Pat Bev fill out the rest of the bench with guys that can be mixed in with the staggered starters and Brogdon.

I'm all ok with this scenario and thinking this would be the best option for this season (but not getting us to the Finals).

But, what impact does Brogdon's 22 million in 24-25 has on the FA-plans this summer?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,591

Post#49 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:18 pm

Wilfried wrote:
youngcrev wrote:Expirings (Morris, Batum, Korkmaz, House) and picks distributed however necessary for OG and Brogdon.

Tyrese Maxey
DeAnthony Melton
OG Anunobi
Tobias Harris
Joel Embiid

I'm all ok with this scenario and thinking this would be the best option for this season (but not getting us to the Finals).

But, what impact does Brogdon's 22 million in 24-25 has on the FA-plans this summer?

There would be no FA plans after these moves. You operate over the cap and retain guys.

OG's cap hold is 27M, so if you acquire him, you're not squeezing in another max deal. Give me Brogdon/Harris/Melton over what you could do with that remaining money.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#50 » by Kobblehead » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:18 pm

Having OG and Jermi Grant would be ridiculously great. We'd be heavy title favorites at that point, IMO.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 558

Post#51 » by PhillyNj » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:11 pm

Portland is getting way to much here. Grant’s contract is the new Tobias. Portland needs to send out a pick to get rid of him. There’s no way there getting a pick!
Iscull
Senior
And1: 134

Post#52 » by Iscull » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:40 pm

I think the goal should be to target either a guard to pair with Maxey or a forward who can help defensively against Boston/Milwaukee. Aside from the typical players (OG/Siakam/Brogdon), maybe we can cherry pick someone from a team who is tanking around the deadline:

1) CJ McCollum
2) Collin Sexton
3) Evan Mobley
4) Terry Rozier
5) Jonathan Isaac

Not the sexiest list, but aside from McCollum or Mobley, I'm not certain we'd have to give up that much.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,603

Post#53 » by JRoy » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:45 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Probably, might just take a meh 1st to nab him so he’d be a reasonable upgrade at a reasonable price. He can create a decent shot, spots up really well, and can role play on both sides of the ball. Would definitely suck if he wasn’t healthy in the PO, why we shouldn’t pay more than that to get him.

(Also your sig makes me think of another Dylan line from Blonde on blonde, ‘you gotta be honest to live outside the law.’)

I would hope Brogdon makes some noise behind the scenes asking to be traded to us. We're the logical contending spot for him after everything that's happened the last few months.

If he makes it known he wants to come here, maybe we get a good price. Like expirings (Morris + Kork or House) and a couple 2nds ideally.

I'm sure JRoy would be looking for multiple 1st's.

I’d like expiring and lotto protected FRP.

Scrubs and SRP doesn’t get it done.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,603

Post#54 » by JRoy » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:46 pm

PhillyNj wrote:Portland is getting way to much here. Grant’s contract is the new Tobias. Portland needs to send out a pick to get rid of him. There’s no way there getting a pick!

Cool.

POR will keep him. We can afford him and have our very own Tobias Harris 2.0
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Post#55 » by Stanford » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:48 pm

JRoy wrote:Cool.

Cool!
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#56 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:58 pm

No way in hell I'd take Grant's contract without a pick attached.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#57 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:05 pm

How are we feeling about OG after the win last night? He can’t dribble without getting striped or running someone over. He is a bigger, more willing to shoot PJ Tucker which is an elite 3&D. Great get but is that worth 35 mil? Is that worth 3 first round picks?
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#58 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:06 pm

Pascal is Tobias son after those two games. He can stay in Toronto lol
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,330

Post#59 » by Arsenal » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:12 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:How are we feeling about OG after the win last night? He can’t dribble without getting striped or running someone over. He is a bigger, more willing to shoot PJ Tucker which is an elite 3&D. Great get but is that worth 35 mil? Is that worth 3 first round picks?

Absolutely not. He's a role player and it would be foolish to break the bank for him in terms of picks in trade and then a massive contract.

Whoever gets him will be getting the "winners curse."
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 846

Post#60 » by zaz102 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:20 pm

I'll be honest. I know getting some of these previously mentioned high priced guys will help the team and wr dont really have any other options, but they all scare me committing to them.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers