Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,591

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1141 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:33 pm

76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:Too soon to start posting Embiid trades?

I think its way too soon.

I also believe that the best time to trade a player is when you dont feel like trading him. Thats when you get his peak value.

But that's working with the assumption that you want to trade every player at some point. Peak value is having an MVP actually playing on your team. If the plan is to perpetually trade players at their peak value, you're perpetually going to be a rebuilding team.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,946

Post#1142 » by Foshan » Sat Feb 3, 2024 2:15 pm

yeah we were bad too long trying to get embiid, i can't see us entering that cycle again. I think the 'hope' was someone like Paul George. As i think that isn't a reality, i would be happy with making a deal for youngish guys with money left on their deals (2-4 years) and trying to compete with embiid... and then dumping them all at the end of that window if we haven't made it and reboot then.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1143 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:02 pm

youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:
the_process wrote:Too soon to start posting Embiid trades?

I also believe that the best time to trade a player is when you dont feel like trading him. Thats when you get his peak value.

But that's working with the assumption that you want to trade every player at some point. Peak value is having an MVP actually playing on your team. If the plan is to perpetually trade players at their peak value, you're perpetually going to be a rebuilding team.

It's not exactly that though, Embiid is special, he is an outlier in terms of how much his level drops from Regular Season to Playoffs, there is little to no precedent on how much an MVP caliber player reduces his level of play in playoffs so much. So in this circumstance, it is justified to trade him on the basis of him never being all that in playoffs, of course you are going to rebuild if you trade Embiid, but then again, our ceiling being always 2nd round is not much more enticing.
What usually happens is that you have a player that is limited in playoffs but his value is not all that high. With Embiid however, he is limited in playoffs but his value is still really high (when he is playing and healthy), that's the ultimate opportunity cost for someone who has the main goal to win a championship.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1144 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:38 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
76ciology wrote:

It's not exactly that though, Embiid is special, he is an outlier in terms of how much his level drops from Regular Season to Playoffs, there is little to no precedent on how much an MVP caliber player reduces his level of play in playoffs so much. So in this circumstance, it is justified to trade him on the basis of him never being all that in playoffs, of course you are going to rebuild if you trade Embiid, but then again, our ceiling being always 2nd round is not much more enticing.
What usually happens is that you have a player that is limited in playoffs but his value is not all that high. With Embiid however, he is limited in playoffs but his value is still really high (when he is playing and healthy), that's the ultimate opportunity cost for someone who has the main goal to win a championship.

Minus a career ending injury (which I won't completely rule out as a possibility), his trade value isn't likely to change substantially in the next handful of years.

I don't think there's any precedent for trading an MVP is his prime without a trade demand attached... But it's not like teams can throw much more into deals than they have for superstars regardless of the situation. There's just a limit on what teams can actually trade, and they already hit those limits with guys like Rudy frickin Gobert.

Trading an MVP caliber player in his prime automatically means you are losing out on value because teams can't match that value.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,825

Post#1145 » by the_process » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:57 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Minus a career ending injury (which I won't completely rule out as a possibility), his trade value isn't likely to change substantially in the next handful of years.

I don't think there's any precedent for trading an MVP is his prime without a trade demand attached... But it's not like teams can throw much more into deals than they have for superstars regardless of the situation. There's just a limit on what teams can actually trade, and they already hit those limits with guys like Rudy frickin Gobert.

Trading an MVP caliber player in his prime automatically means you are losing out on value because teams can't match that value.

I think OKC could come pretty damn close to matching MVP value right now.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1146 » by youngcrev » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:08 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

I think OKC could come pretty damn close to matching MVP value right now.

They're an outlier in terms of young talent/picks. Is Embiid good with going to OKC? We can act like it's not a factor, but of course it is.

And is OKC willing to do Chet and a boat load of picks?
the_process
RealGM

Post#1147 » by the_process » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:27 am

Time to get whatever you can for the expiring vets, Morey. This season is done.

Harris and Melton to OKC
Dort to SAC
Huerter, Micic, Bertans, and 25 1st returned to PHI
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 473

Post#1148 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:36 am

the_process wrote:Time to get whatever you can for the expiring vets, Morey. This season is done.

Harris and Melton to OKC
Dort to SAC

I think we are going to have to keep Melton just because of bird rights…even if it’s for using him as a S&T I think he has more value to us than trading him now.

Plus if you’re going to completely punt the season in 1 trade, it better be for more than our own 2025 1st returned. If you’re going to trade Tobi and give up you could get more than that.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,946

Post#1149 » by Foshan » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:04 am

So the wiretap says Jalen green is generating buzz… can we do something to land Maxey a long term backcourt partner??
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#1150 » by MoeGreene » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:43 am

All about that idea. +1

Find a separate trade to dump Tobias for draft capital.

Foshan wrote:So the wiretap says Jalen green is generating buzz… can we do something to land Maxey a long term backcourt partner??
phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#1151 » by phifans » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:49 am

MoeGreene wrote:All about that idea. +1

Foshan wrote:So the wiretap says Jalen green is generating buzz… can we do something to land Maxey a long term backcourt partner??

Why not just take Herb Jones and save you two firsts.
MoeGreene
Junior

Post#1152 » by MoeGreene » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:52 am

Fair. I like Ingram better to shorten the time to compete. I also adjust the trade. See what you think?

phifans wrote:

phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#1153 » by phifans » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:14 am

MoeGreene wrote:Fair. I like Ingram better to shorten the time to compete. I also adjust the trade. See what you think?

phifans wrote:

The thing is Joel won't be traded until as early as summer of 2025 if

A: Joel come back healthy and keep dominating.
B: Team fails again after reconstruct their roster around Joel this summer.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1154 » by the_process » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:47 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
the_process wrote:Time to get whatever you can for the expiring vets, Morey. This season is done.

Harris and Melton to OKC
Dort to SAC

I think we are going to have to keep Melton just because of bird rights…even if it’s for using him as a S&T I think he has more value to us than trading him now.

Plus if you’re going to completely punt the season in 1 trade, it better be for more than our own 2025 1st returned. If you’re going to trade Tobi and give up you could get more than that.

Tobias and a 1st previously wouldn't get you anything better than something like Terry Rozier and Gordon Hayward. So they aren't getting more than a flyer on a couple guards who could be useful and a 1st.

Getting their 1st back next year now allows them to trade this years pick too if they wanted to go after Lauri or whoever. Or it opens up more possibilities on draft night.

The season is over even if Jo comes back. If he does come back, he's going to be his usual hurt, sloppy, inefficient playoff self. Just sit him down and tank the rest of the year.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#1155 » by brannigan73 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:22 pm

MoeGreene wrote:Fair. I like Ingram better to shorten the time to compete. I also adjust the trade. See what you think?

phifans wrote:

Can you explain to me why any team would give you Draft capital for Harris. He makes 40 million a year. I would assume it would be a contender or quasi contender trying to improve. That team is going to be capped so they are going to have send us close to 40 million in return back. If that's not expiring contracts it will mess up our offseason cap space. Why would a team that can absorb 40 million in salary without sending anything but picks back want Harris when they are likely a bad team.
MoeGreene
Junior

Post#1156 » by MoeGreene » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:23 pm

Honestly, I don't feel like it. If you disagree, so be it.

brannigan73 wrote:

phifans wrote:

Can you explain to me why any team would give you Draft capital for Harris. He makes 40 million a year. I would assume it would be a contender or quasi contender trying to improve. That team is going to be capped so they are going to have send us close to 40 million in return back. If that's not expiring contracts it will mess up our offseason cap space. Why would a team that can absorb 40 million in salary without sending anything but picks back want Harris when they are likely a bad team.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 473

Post#1157 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:45 pm

Killian Hayes, Wiseman, and Joe Harris for Tobi?

No idea why but apparently the Pistons are still interested in Tobi. Wouldn’t hate getting a look at Hayes and Wiseman if this season is going to go down the toilet anyway.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1158 » by the_process » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:01 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:Killian Hayes, Wiseman, and Joe Harris for Tobi?

No idea why but apparently the Pistons are still interested in Tobi. Wouldn’t hate getting a look at Hayes and Wiseman if this season is going to go down the toilet anyway.

If you can't get any picks or anyone better? Then why not. If you add Korkmaz to the deal you sneak under the tax as well.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,669

Post#1159 » by Kolkmania » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:12 pm

the_process wrote:

If you can't get any picks or anyone better? Then why not. If you add Korkmaz to the deal you sneak under the tax as well.

Having bird rights of Tobias Harris (who is flawed, but still good) is far more valuable than having two young players, who theoretically could (maybe) have potential as rotation players in the future.
Next year we need to contend, they will not play for us at that point anyway. And I'd argue we could still be in the playoffs with a recovered Embiid this year.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Post#1160 » by Stanford » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:37 pm

I think the entire world has got a look at Wiseman and Hayes and it hasn't been pretty

Return to Philadelphia 76ers