ImageImageImage

The Official Fire Doc Rivers Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,550

Re: The Official Fire Doc Rivers Thread 

Post#861 » by elchengue20 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:03 am

Go do you thang Glenn and sabotage the Greak Freak season.

We counting on you old man.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,828

Post#862 » by the_process » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:04 pm

Never forget.

Read on Twitter
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,072

Post#863 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:35 pm

How long until he pisses Giannis or Dame off by blaming them for his incompetence?
the_process
RealGM

Post#864 » by the_process » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:52 pm

Negrodamus wrote:How long until he pisses Giannis or Dame off by blaming them for his incompetence?

Oh, Giannis will get the rule of the roost like Jo did. Dame, OTOH, will be told to look for Giannis first and to make sure to get his teammates involved. The Harden treatment. So I figure Dame will be rapping about how much he hates Glenn by the time the Sixers beat them in the 2nd round.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,149

Post#865 » by mjkvol » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:21 pm

Seems that not the entire national media is enamored of Glenn.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-hiring-doc-rivers-would-be-a-mistake-for-the-milwaukee-bucks/

When the news broke that Griffin was out, and Rivers might well be his replacement, a rival NBA executive texted this to CBS Sports: "And the other Eastern Conference contenders breathe easier."
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,795

Post#866 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:29 pm

I honestly feel bad for them. I'm sure some Bucks fans think this can't be worse than some of their previous coaches but they're in for a rude awakening. I remember thinking that I lived through Eddie Jordan, nothing could possibly compare. Glenn was much worse. Last year, we had a future HOFer, an up and coming star, and an all time Sixer in his MVP season and, primarily because of Glenn, it was absolutely miserable. The dude made me hate my favorite team, with my favorite two players in all of sports, passionately. That is like virtuoso level asshatery.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#867 » by mjkvol » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:52 pm

Sixersftw wrote:I honestly feel bad for them. I'm sure some Bucks fans think this can't be worse than some of their previous coaches but they're in for a rude awakening. I remember thinking that I lived through Eddie Jordan, nothing could possibly compare. Glenn was much worse. Last year, we had a future HOFer, an up and coming star, and an all time Sixer in his MVP season and, primarily because of Glenn, it was absolutely miserable. The dude made me hate my favorite team, with my favorite two players in all of sports, passionately. That is like virtuoso level asshatery.

It really is true. The mere presence of Glenn during the last three seasons made it almost a burden to regularly follow the Sixers, but last year was the worst, just knowing and expecting the inevitable. We all knew how it would end, and yet it was still worse than we could have imagined.

I somehow believe that all the red flags will keep the Bucks from making a franchise killing mistake like this, but the one thing Glenn has been incredibly successful at is selling Glenn. I still remember him as a Knick reserve in the early '90's being omnipresent on sports talk radio shows, and idiot hosts like Mike Lupica referring to him as "one of the good guys". Glenn has always loved him some Glenn.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,389

Post#868 » by Murray_17 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:02 pm

Remember when Doc tried to make like Maxey comming of the bench was something Tyrese came up with? :lol:
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#869 » by mjkvol » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:10 pm

Murray_17 wrote:Remember when Doc tried to make like Maxey comming of the bench was something Tyrese came up with? :lol:

Unbelievable. There were so many moments like that with him that it gets hazy trying to remember half of them. How about reeling off excuses for his playoff failures in a post-game presser, actually having that material ready when asked about it and throwing his players under the bus ... again.

Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#870 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:22 pm

So just to get my head straight on this, he's officially hired, right?

On one hand we have a random CNN entity named CNN Sports announcing the hiring and then a thing called FOS saying nothing has been decided yet. And all other media has basically ran with it being a done deal.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#871 » by Negrodamus » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:30 pm

Negrodamus wrote:So just to get my head straight on this, he's officially hired, right?

On one hand we have a random CNN entity named CNN Sports announcing the hiring and then a thing called FOS saying nothing has been decided yet. And all other media has basically ran with it being a done deal.

Read on Twitter

I suppose that settles it.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,991

Post#872 » by Stanford » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:36 pm

Murray_17 wrote:Remember when Doc tried to make like Maxey comming of the bench was something Tyrese came up with? :lol:

****, I forgot about that.

Doc Rivers should not even be allowed to coach a high school team.
the_process
RealGM

Post#873 » by the_process » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:55 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:So just to get my head straight on this, he's officially hired, right?

Read on Twitter

I suppose that settles it.

M2J
Starter
And1: 1,204

Post#874 » by M2J » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:57 pm

I'll say this. There would be more pick and roll, and more Giannis post-ups (and he will become an improved post up player or at least passer). I don't know how to fix the defense, unless they do trade for Murray which I don't understand how that can happen but you never know
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#875 » by mjkvol » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:05 pm

One huge benefit not yet mentioned is that we are spared the most arrogant and insufferable anslyst crew ever known to mankind not ever having to endure Glenn and Doris Burke again.

Now if some team would just hire her.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#876 » by zaz102 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:10 pm

mjkvol wrote:One huge benefit not yet mentioned is that we are spared the most arrogant and insufferable anslyst crew ever known to mankind not ever having to endure Glenn and Doris Burke again.

Now if some team would just hire her.
The monkey's paw curls...
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#877 » by Skates » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:04 pm

Do major thanks to Harden and Giannis for making Nick Nurse as the Sixers Coach and Doc Rivers as the Bucks mid year replacement coach become a reality. Well done, gents, very well done.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,795

Post#878 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:24 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Sixersftw wrote:I honestly feel bad for them. I'm sure some Bucks fans think this can't be worse than some of their previous coaches but they're in for a rude awakening. I remember thinking that I lived through Eddie Jordan, nothing could possibly compare. Glenn was much worse. Last year, we had a future HOFer, an up and coming star, and an all time Sixer in his MVP season and, primarily because of Glenn, it was absolutely miserable. The dude made me hate my favorite team, with my favorite two players in all of sports, passionately. That is like virtuoso level asshatery.

It really is true. The mere presence of Glenn during the last three seasons made it almost a burden to regularly follow the Sixers, but last year was the worst, just knowing and expecting the inevitable. We all knew how it would end, and yet it was still worse than we could have imagined.

I somehow believe that all the red flags will keep the Bucks from making a franchise killing mistake like this, but the one thing Glenn has been incredibly successful at is selling Glenn. I still remember him as a Knick reserve in the early '90's being omnipresent on sports talk radio shows, and idiot hosts like Mike Lupica referring to him as "one of the good guys". Glenn has always loved him some Glenn.

Dude, I missed ~10-15 games from the process beginning till 2022, total. I skipped over half the season last year and would just check in here, twitter and reddit to see what was happening. Move over Doug Collins, Eddie Jordan, and the City of Boston, I have a new most hated figure in basketball (non-wifebeaters, racists, and high level pieces of **** division).
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
fkd215
Sophomore
And1: 129

Post#879 » by fkd215 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:04 pm

Sixersftw wrote:
Dude, I missed ~10-15 games from the process beginning till 2022, total. I skipped over half the season last year and would just check in here, twitter and reddit to see what was happening. Move over Doug Collins, Eddie Jordan, and the City of Boston, I have a new most hated figure in basketball (non-wifebeaters, racists, and high level pieces of **** division).

Same here. I remember finding myself not caring to watch the games last year and asking myself "Am I getting too old to enjoy hoops anymore? Am I getting depressed?" Turns out it was just Doc.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#880 » by mjkvol » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:20 pm

What's the over/under on how many days before Glenn's first press conference meltdown?

His next one here might be must-see TV.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers