RealGM
And1: 11,544

Re: Joel: unchained. 

Post#1481 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:26 pm

76Love wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
76Love wrote:
Well say it with your chest next time

I barely post on here so I have no reason to troll on a message board but since you think I was trolling, what made you feel as though I am trolling when similar statements were made throughout this thread?
Calling Embiid a fake MVP. Not realizing his stamina is **** when he is injured and he's been injured every playoffs. If you actually follow him you'll know his stamina has significantly improved during the regular season. The bigger issue is the small injuries during the playoffs.

You're the one that's trolling now

Please don't act like Embiid's stamina was A1 even when he wasn't injured. If you watched him, he's always the last player up the floor. He wasn't even getting double digit rebounds early in the season. Embiid could/should have averaged at least 12-13 rebounds

Lol, okay buddy. Someone who has been a Sixers fan since 2000, and on this site since 2005, doesn't watch Embiid. Ask anyone here, and they know I know his game. His conditioning was dog **** to start his career. Last 3 years its gotten much better, to the point where he is no longer gassed in the fourth. However, he loses conditioning every time he gets hurt, and needs time to ramp up. So he didn't have that time, and was still injured. Plenty to blame him for during the playoffs, but the conditioning one is a tired one to bitch about. Find a new slant.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,105

Post#1482 » by mjkvol » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:50 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I definitely think Embiid wants to be here no matter what. He's not given any kind of indication that he wants to leave. With that said I think his road towards the Finals is going to have to be put on hold for at least a season (until we are free from Tobias Harris). I think you and I are at least in agreement on that. We also agree that another desperation move (Bradley Beal) would be far more detrimental as opposed to just standing pat for a season and evaluating things. I agree that this city and it's fanbase aren't exactly known for their patience. We overreact, we get angry, we get mean, we get spiteful. Hell, I remember even during the process years people suggesting that we hurry things up by signing mediocre free agents that are at this point no longer in the league.

Lets assume that we don't retain Harden. I mean, at this point as much as I'd hate to see him go, it's probably for the best long term. The guy is expiring faster than an over the counter Avocado. So...No Harden means we're taking a step back. It's important that this fanbase understands that (good luck with that idea). You're still going to get the idiotic, beer guzzling mozzarella cheesestick eating blowhards that troll just because they can. I do my best to ignore them (it's hard at times).

My comment about game 6 being the beginning of the end of Embiid's time here is hopefully an overreaction on my part. I badly want it to be. I look at Nowitzki in Dallas and it wasn't until he was like 12-13 years into the league until he finally got the Mavs over the hump. I highly doubt the Dallas fanbase was just silent and patient and steadfastly supportive of him through all the previous seasons where they came up short. Do you remember the 07 playoffs when they were beaten by the 8th seed Warriors after they had won 67 games in the regular season. I bet that fanbase was ready run him right out of town. The point being that this is a rollercoaster ride, but I think Embiid is talented enough to hitch a ride with despite all the let downs.

We have made some terrible roster moves in terms of surrounding Embiid (as did Dallas for many years with Dirk). I've tried to take that into consideration as well. I think as far as this offseason goes, the best roster move we can make will be letting Harden walk, and NOT making a desperation trade for an overrated chucker just because we feel we have to.

Here's where I am at the moment - if Harden returns, I'm for 'running it back' this season, but not by making a desperation trade for a fake "3rd star" like Beal or Levine, and definitely not for someone on a toxic contract. We've already made the best 'roster' move we will make by ridding ourselves of Rivers and bringing in the first legit coach Embiid and Maxey will have as pros, thus improving the team if nothing else is done. Move Tobias, Korkmaz, etc. this summer or before the deadline for solid role players that fit Nurse's scheme, and make other changes on the fringes, but not at the expense of having ammunition for summer 2024.

If Harden leaves, then I'm 100% for taking a step back, a 'reset' year, accumulate assets by moving Harris, Korkmaz, Tucker, etc., and clear the books for moves in spring/summer 2024. I can't imagine Embiid would have a problem with that plan if it's sold as a step back to take two forward, and we'll know a lot more about Maxey after a year with a real coach.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 353

Post#1483 » by Jhawk03 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:23 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:The thing with Embiid is he has overcome each and every challenge thrown his way. Keep in mind people were referring to him as Greg Oden 2.0 for the first couple years he was in the league. He's maturing and as a man...a person, that takes time. Obviously the emo "poor me" stuff needs to stop. The flopping needs to stop too. He's a notorious flopper and he's still in this phase where he's always calling for fouls. The mental hurdles such as Nic Claxton or playing against Ben Simmons or going against Rudy Gobert. He just needs to play basketball and have fun doing it. Fun in fact...Should be the operative word for the 23-24 season. Lets get back to having fun.

Yeah we're getting Westbrook then, confirmed.

Ok?

I was joking incase you or anyone else didn't get the context, my bad.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,788

Post#1484 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:45 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

I definitely think Embiid wants to be here no matter what. He's not given any kind of indication that he wants to leave. With that said I think his road towards the Finals is going to have to be put on hold for at least a season (until we are free from Tobias Harris). I think you and I are at least in agreement on that. We also agree that another desperation move (Bradley Beal) would be far more detrimental as opposed to just standing pat for a season and evaluating things. I agree that this city and it's fanbase aren't exactly known for their patience. We overreact, we get angry, we get mean, we get spiteful. Hell, I remember even during the process years people suggesting that we hurry things up by signing mediocre free agents that are at this point no longer in the league.

Lets assume that we don't retain Harden. I mean, at this point as much as I'd hate to see him go, it's probably for the best long term. The guy is expiring faster than an over the counter Avocado. So...No Harden means we're taking a step back. It's important that this fanbase understands that (good luck with that idea). You're still going to get the idiotic, beer guzzling mozzarella cheesestick eating blowhards that troll just because they can. I do my best to ignore them (it's hard at times).

My comment about game 6 being the beginning of the end of Embiid's time here is hopefully an overreaction on my part. I badly want it to be. I look at Nowitzki in Dallas and it wasn't until he was like 12-13 years into the league until he finally got the Mavs over the hump. I highly doubt the Dallas fanbase was just silent and patient and steadfastly supportive of him through all the previous seasons where they came up short. Do you remember the 07 playoffs when they were beaten by the 8th seed Warriors after they had won 67 games in the regular season. I bet that fanbase was ready run him right out of town. The point being that this is a rollercoaster ride, but I think Embiid is talented enough to hitch a ride with despite all the let downs.

We have made some terrible roster moves in terms of surrounding Embiid (as did Dallas for many years with Dirk). I've tried to take that into consideration as well. I think as far as this offseason goes, the best roster move we can make will be letting Harden walk, and NOT making a desperation trade for an overrated chucker just because we feel we have to.

I think a desperation move like trading for Beal or Collins by trading our last remaining plus asset for someone not even mediocre but bad and hoping it can be better will lead him to ask out.

We dont know whats inside his head. But if i would have to guess i’d put his head similar to a level headed fan. And as long as you can sell the idea to a fan that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, he’d keep supporting the team. I see the same with Biid. If he does not see a light at the end of the tunnel, he’d want to spend his prime at a legacy market like the Heat or Knicks to play with Jimmy or Brunson.

Then for the best move?

For me our best move depends a lot on what we can get for Tobi. I like Tobi and how he’s been a good soldier, but we need to move him this offseason when his value is at it’s highest and with the new CBA kicking in.

Our second best move is getting a good deal for James Harden. I personally want a discount for retaining James, at worst is a short contract (2 year deal) where we can have some optionality in the future to rebuild or push thru.

And our third best move is not now, but what can we do with the cap space in 2024 offseason if we ever decide to hold unto Tobias.

our best scenario is retaining james at a discount or short contract, then trading Tobi for a lot of value that fills our need (not just any value like beal). Maybe end up with Harden (morey’s guy) and Siakam (Biid and Nurse’s guy?).

our mid scenario for now is not really bad either, this is the gap year. Where we let Harden walk, try to pump Tobias’ value heading to deadline of 2024, then go into 2024 offseason with a likely lotto pick and a big cap space. We might even send Biid again to the middle east then clone him again, where we can use his clone to play for us if he breaksdown again in the future.

Our worst scenario for now is retaining Harden at an overpriced contract then signing Tobias for a bad player like Beal or Collins. In this scenario we dont have any optionality while we take in some poison pill that we need a miracle to turn it around
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#1485 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:01 pm

A few weeks ago it most certainly looked like Harden was gone. IF he does come back, I'm fine with that, but it can't be at a crippling price where we mortgage our future until 2030. That's entirely up to him I think. Does he want to win? Or does he want to play in Houston and be closer to loved ones? I can't blame him for choosing either option. I think it's deeper than just strip clubs with this guy. I'm sure he has a soul somewhere.

I think we need to play it cool with Tobias Harris. He's expiring this upcoming season (finally)! I think we need to see what Harden wants to do first, and then go from there. Again, this is a contract year for Harris, and if Harden walks, we could be looking at another expanded role as a third option for Harris.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#1486 » by Negrodamus » Thu Oct 5, 2023 4:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. As a basketball fan, it would have been more fun to watch him go up against USA. If he won it all with France and led that team, he would have elevated his all-time status a bit.

As an American.... cool. Another slaughtering in the Olympics.

As a Sixer fan, you better start recruiting, ****.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,962

Post#1487 » by Mik317 » Thu Oct 5, 2023 6:37 pm

it will be the only chance he has to win anything anytime soon so why not get carried lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,557

Post#1488 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Oct 5, 2023 7:40 pm

Cameroon gotta be like

Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,702

Post#1489 » by rzzzzz » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:32 pm

Embiid is saying he’s really digging all the ball movement in Nurse’s offensive scheme for the big guy. Kind of reminds me of how good Embiid looked playing for Bill Self at Kansas. Frustrating not to see any of that stuff here in Philly for the big guy all this time.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,966

Post#1490 » by Stanford » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:21 pm

Look at the state of the sniveling losers

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2330683
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1491 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:34 pm

It's very interesting to me that we barely comment in this thread about him, like, we spend much more time talking about other players than about our best (RS) player, weird to me.
Anyway, glad he is doing really good on offense, on defense it's another story but we need him to keep producing on offense, that's the most important thing for our future.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1492 » by Negrodamus » Tue Nov 7, 2023 7:11 pm

Is he playing poorly on defense or are you grasping a straws on a Tuesday afternoon just to be critical of Joel after his enormous performance?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1493 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:00 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Is he playing poorly on defense or are you grasping a straws on a Tuesday afternoon just to be critical of Joel after his enormous performance?

Why do you guys choose to engage with him. He's clearly trolling. Every measurable shows that his defense is back to his early days. He has kicked it up a notch. Listen to any of the podcast and everyone is praising his defense. Bum just needs something else to troll about. Once again, I'm shocked that he is still allowed on this place. It's the greatest con realgm has ever seen.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1494 » by Negrodamus » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:34 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Is he playing poorly on defense or are you grasping a straws on a Tuesday afternoon just to be critical of Joel after his enormous performance?

Why do you guys choose to engage with him. He's clearly trolling. Every measurable shows that his defense is back to his early days. He has kicked it up a notch. Listen to any of the podcast and everyone is praising his defense. Bum just needs something else to troll about. Once again, I'm shocked that he is still allowed on this place. It's the greatest con realgm has ever seen.

For the same reason I posted on the General Board today for the first time in a very long time: I'm a jack ass.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1495 » by eyeatoma » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:48 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

For the same reason I posted on the General Board today for the first time in a very long time: I'm a jack ass.
Hahaha
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#1496 » by phillynative » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:50 am

The slow start most were expecting from him has really only been 1 game... I don't even think he's in complete game shape just yet.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,531

Post#1497 » by elchengue20 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 11:50 pm

Nurse system is doing wonders for him. Hope its sustainable in the Playoffs.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,702

Post#1498 » by rzzzzz » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:25 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Nurse system is doing wonders for him. Hope its sustainable in the Playoffs.

Well, the playoffs is when the good coaches definitely shine.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1499 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:56 pm

Yeah, it is evident we finally have a good coach, we had one of the worst coaches in history in Brett and a bad coach in Doc. This season it will be make or break for Joel Embiid in terms of legacy IMO.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#1500 » by TheBallsDeeper » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:54 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:Yeah, it is evident we finally have a good coach, we had one of the worst coaches in history in Brett and a bad coach in Doc. This season it will be make or break for Joel Embiid in terms of legacy IMO.

Brett Brown was absolutely horrendous. That we can agree on.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers