Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,883

Re: Game 1: Sixers @ Bucks 10/26 @ 7:30 pm ET TNT Game Thread 

Post#441 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter

League should investigate
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#442 » by Negrodamus » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:27 pm

A 45 sec clip absolves Ben and Harden and lays all the blame at Embiid’s feet according to this guy. Sound argument.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,050

Post#443 » by Stanford » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:34 pm

"Clown" is the only insult left on the internet.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 863

Post#444 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:35 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

The problem is Ben Simmons, James Harden, AND Joel Embiid.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#445 » by DCasey91 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:A 45 sec clip absolves Ben and Harden and lays all the blame at Embiid’s feet according to this guy. Sound argument.

I mean he’s not wrong. Embiid is a moody bastard with extremely poor tendencies attitude wise and skill execution at seemingly arbitrary times….

Pretty much the same with Harden and Ben

Which one is the captain of the looney boat who knows
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,466

Post#446 » by Murray_17 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Not coming back after turnovers or in transition has always been a problem for Joel but the first mistake in that clip was on PJ not switching from the driver to Lopez when Joel was dropping.

The guy on the clip isn''t even analyzing the play, so i don't understand what's his input or the idea of posting that.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,625

Post#447 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:47 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I remember seeing this thinking wtf?!

At minimum he’s a pouty little biotch and another 2nd round exit from being a certified loser.
always a jump shot away.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#448 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:55 pm

That is the kind of play that needs to be called out in film study or you lose credibly as a coach.
always a jump shot away.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#449 » by DCasey91 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:04 pm

We should be called SDOS. Seven dribbles or less. Only Maxey can take more no one else. Anyone that takes more should be auto benched

Quick overview on rewatch:

Maxey- Fantastic, brilliant kid, still a sieve on defence but I’ll live with that, the combo with Melton can and will run into issues against bigger and more important teams namely Celtics and Bucks.

Melton- Like what he brings but his importance or position of importance should be pushed down. Would be a fine 6/7th guy, honestly from seeing Beverley’s game there’s not much difference imo

Sexy Oubre - Hey we got a wing at least. Will be up and down but great debut for us. We crap on about the Harden situation but in an ideal world Harden being the chef puts everybody in the right spots to succeed.

Tucker - Retire. Nah seriously he doesn’t fit. Can’t rebound, vertically challenged, too slow to guard the perimeter adds on between Maxey/Melton setups. Offensive liability and a defensive one if the other team plays with pace. Yuck sorry

Harris - I sh*t on him all the time. Look I don’t care if you go 1/7 from 3. His worst enemy is himself. Did well in his spots the problem is he still plays like he has many spots to go to. Newsflash you don’t. The 11+ dribble inside then outside into turnover is classic Tobithus. All I’m saying is no more dribble dribble dribble.

Embiid - Ah this happens every year like clockwork. Even before the season began the signs points towards bad news bears. You have ur MVP gift, still think the team and himself would be more successful if he turned into a DPOY player and more of an accessory to the offence and let Maxey be the close out man. Hopefully Nurse realises this

Reed - Looked good, more playing time please. Ideal matchup for the Bucks

Springer - Defensive stuff is real couldn’t get a look in, hot game after halftime understandable same with Reed more playing time. Our overall athleticism will improve with both on the court. With 4 guards and 3 being defensive minded it’s more or less horses for courses depending on the matchup. There’ll be a lot of softer games being 82 so plenty of time to develop. No Doc so here’s hoping he doesn’t get fuked over like Joe with Korkmaz taking the mins don’t want the same for Springer.

Beverley - Good, less of a pest as the media makes it out to be. Difference between Tucker and the leadership thing is that he’s actually playable lol

Green - Poopy pants. Probably cooked. I want Roco. He def has gas in the tank and can rebound

Some good, some bad, long season wouldn’t read too much into this game as the Bucks had extra players on the court and Giannis has a clear 8 foul head start plus he can travel/carry and chicken wing wherever he feels like it.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#450 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:12 pm

Murray_17 wrote:Not coming back after turnovers or in transition has always been a problem for Joel but the first mistake in that clip was on PJ not switching from the driver to Lopez when Joel was dropping.

The guy on the clip isn''t even analyzing the play, so i don't understand what's his input or the idea of posting that.

The purpose is to show what a jackass he is. Are you intentionally glossing over the second portion where he quite clearly just gave the Bucks a turnover and transition opportunity because he was being lazy and/or pissed off?

That might be the most egregious and obvious display of quitting and pouting I’ve ever seen on an NBA floor. You don’t even see that kind of crap in HS.
always a jump shot away.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#451 » by Stanford » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:50 pm

Are you joking? He was trying to make a fancy pass because he wants to be Jokic. The pass wasn't related to him pouting.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,466

Post#452 » by Murray_17 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:The purpose is to show what a jackass he is. Are you intentionally glossing over the second portion where he quite clearly just gave the Bucks a turnover and transition opportunity because he was being lazy and/or pissed off?

Murray_17 wrote:Not coming back after turnovers or in transition has always been a problem for Joel

:-? :-? :-? :-?
Dude, it's, literally, on the first sentence of the same post you''re quotiong...

Also, we're talking about a guy who intentionally stays on the other side of the floor when someone is taking FTs and doesn''t run on transition unless he's ahead of everyone, it''s about conditioning and always has been an issue.
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#453 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Stanford wrote:Are you joking? He was trying to make a fancy pass because he wants to be Jokic. The pass wasn't related to him pouting.

Yeah, ok. Would never see Jokic pull no nonsense like that :lol:

So glad Nuggets fans don’t post here because this is embarrassing to even suggest.
always a jump shot away.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 558

Post#454 » by MVP1992 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:20 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:That is the kind of play that needs to be called out in film study or you lose credibly as a coach.

It's the sort of film a potential suiter looking to trade for him will present to pay one less 1st round pick.
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#455 » by Stanford » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:27 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:Would never see Jokic pull no nonsense like that :lol:

Jokic can pull off fancy passes because is a great passer. Joel wants to be but isn't.

Don't know why a Nuggets fan would have an issue with that.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,205

Post#456 » by M2J » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 pm

Murray_17 wrote:Not coming back after turnovers or in transition has always been a problem for Joel but the first mistake in that clip was on PJ not switching from the driver to Lopez when Joel was dropping.

Actually started with miscommunication from Tobi and PJ. Tobias was in no man's land, and PJ covered.... And switched over to Joel. One of them should have contacted Brook. Joel would be number three on my list for person who could have at least tried to contest a shot though
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#457 » by Negrodamus » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:19 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:A 45 sec clip absolves Ben and Harden and lays all the blame at Embiid’s feet according to this guy. Sound argument.

I mean he’s not wrong. Embiid is a moody bastard with extremely poor tendencies attitude wise and skill execution at seemingly arbitrary times….

He also nukes teams enough to be a 3 time MVP finalist and one time winner. So yes, he’s wrong for a 45 sec clip of Embiid being a sad boi.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#458 » by Mik317 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:19 pm

as always there are things to be mad at Biid about...but also as always some are too far into their agendas to be realistic about it.

This season is going to be the best thing for his career as its not going to be easy as the team will need him to be better at the things he is subpar at or else they will lose. He's going to be in the best shape of his career with all the minutes and longer shifts and also get tons of reps in terms of passing on the move and off double teams instead of it having to come in the playoffs....excited to see how he adjusts. I think some of the **** ups last night are fixable or at least we can lower them as the season goes on IMO.

Its also too early in the season to be talking about sitting or pulling dudes lol. Like even if you think the best idea is to just trade him...its not going to happen unless he asks out so why even bother whining about it or going "see he sucks we should ntrade him noooow" after every single bad thing that happens.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#459 » by DCasey91 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:29 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

He also nukes teams enough to be a 3 time MVP finalist and one time winner. So yes, he’s wrong for a 45 sec clip of Embiid being a sad boi.

Personally if Embiid played up to scratch he’d already be a 2 time ECF finalist at minimum. Face it dude is very moody and shown piss poor attitude consistently. Gotta call out bad behaviour doesn’t matter who it is.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#460 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Well...I guess we knew this day would come when people would start turning on him. I remember it happening with Iverson. The same people who turned on him talk today about how amazing he was while he was here. We are one game into the season with a new coach, and a new system, and Embiid only played in one preseason game. It's going to take some time before we know exactly what we have. I realize that some of you are in a hurry to be miserable sad sack fans again, but a lot of us aren't ready to call it a season just yet with 81 games still remaining on the schedule. My god some of you are completely ridiculous. Smothered in a never-ending swarm of overreaction.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers