ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid removes 'Processing,' Philadelphia location from Twitter bio

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Re: Joel Embiid removes 'Processing,' Philadelphia location from Twitter bio 

Post#41 » by Mik317 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:06 am

every star eventually asks for a trade if they do not win...even if they are apart of the reason lol.

its just how it works and how it always will lol.

Giannis was on the flight risk list until he won it all and even then he may rejoin it.

With Dame finally running from the grind...Biid is simply next on the list of longtime stars on a team who the media will begin to run rampant with trying to move...especially to glamor markets like NY. Expect it to get started w/ Luka soon too.

As for fairness or deserving stuff...idk lol. I feel like teams have about 10 years to get it right and if not a guy leaving makes total sense. I feel like Dame asking out is fair as Portland has no way of building around him at his age. Think the miami or bust stuff is lame but if fans and media are going to make it chip or your career is a failure then this is the outcome of that, no? You think Dame should just be okay with the rest of his career basically being a glorified on court coach? IDK. With Biid despite it all I do think its a clearer path in the next few years, so sticking it out one or two more seasons before the request would be ideal...but considering how every single offseason has been full of dumb ****....I can see the request coming sooner lol. I won't be happy about it because i don't think this franchise gets another Biid level talent anytime soon; nor will I "root" for him or stop rooting for this **** show of a team but I won't hate him for being fed up with the **** or running from the grind or any of that stuff lol. I still have love for Iggy and many other former sixers.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,214

Post#42 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:59 am

GoSixersBro wrote:Also for what it's worth his Twitter banner is still "THE PROCESS". He also put out a tweet regarding Messi and the Union referencing "our city" two nights ago.

Read on Twitter

And that's why I came to your team's forum to check this story out. :)

I noticed the "Process" banner on my own, but I did not dive into his feed and notice the more telling "our city" comment that you called out.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#43 » by eyeatoma » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:39 am

Mik317 wrote:every star eventually asks for a trade if they do not win...even if they are apart of the reason lol.

its just how it works and how it always will lol.

Giannis was on the flight risk list until he won it all and even then he may rejoin it.

With Dame finally running from the grind...Biid is simply next on the list of longtime stars on a team who the media will begin to run rampant with trying to move...especially to glamor markets like NY. Expect it to get started w/ Luka soon too.

As for fairness or deserving stuff...idk lol. I feel like teams have about 10 years to get it right and if not a guy leaving makes total sense. I feel like Dame asking out is fair as Portland has no way of building around him at his age. Think the miami or bust stuff is lame but if fans and media are going to make it chip or your career is a failure then this is the outcome of that, no? You think Dame should just be okay with the rest of his career basically being a glorified on court coach? IDK. With Biid despite it all I do think its a clearer path in the next few years, so sticking it out one or two more seasons before the request would be ideal...but considering how every single offseason has been full of dumb ****....I can see the request coming sooner lol. I won't be happy about it because i don't think this franchise gets another Biid level talent anytime soon; nor will I "root" for him or stop rooting for this **** show of a team but I won't hate him for being fed up with the **** or running from the grind or any of that stuff lol. I still have love for Iggy and many other former sixers.

Agreed, although I'm sure you all know I'll still root for him. I'll be a Sixers fan, but I would want to see how Jo does on another team. I feel like if everything was done well, we would have won a chip by now. Easiest path was the Jimmy year.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,205

Post#44 » by M2J » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:16 pm

But Joel may be playing with another star in Maxey, and near 20ppg scorer in Tobias. It's not like the cupboard is bare

I understand if he opts out too, but a place like the Knicks isn't exactly doing much better than that.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,883

Post#45 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:44 am

I dont think Biid has overwhelming reasons to leave this team. He is financially secured up till 2026, when he’s earning on an average of 52 mil per year till then. And once his contract is up, he’d be 33 already and the best chance he gets overpaid is with the team that drafts him due to sentimental reason like Dirk or Dame.

Biid is gonna turn 30 next year and like in Marc Stein’s article, most bigs shows a start of decline by then. And if you look at what we have and what are our upcoming window for a splash, our only window to continue this Biid era is if we make it big in the 2024 FA. That 2024 FA would pretty much determine where this team would be headed.

If Biid is gonna get traded, I dont think its gonna be the Heat or the Knicks. My bet is the Warriors. Where I find Warriors to be ready to move heaven and hell to get Steph a couple of rings to be in the same conversation with MJ. Warriors also have a lot of assets with Kuminga, Moody and Picks from 2025 to 2030.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#46 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:50 am

Personally, Im OK with either Biid staying or leaving. I think both has almost equal chance and almost equal time of getting you a championship. But again, we need to atleast keep Biid until the 2024 offseason when we see what cards are going to be dealt to us by then. If we end up lucky, then we continue this journey with Biid. If we end up unlucky, then we explore taking on with a new journey with wisdom we learned in the last 10 years of this process.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,235

Post#47 » by mjkvol » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:27 am

76ciology wrote:I dont think Biid has overwhelming reasons to leave this team. He is financially secured up till 2026, when he’s earning on an average of 52 mil per year till then. And once his contract is up, he’d be 33 already and the best chance he gets overpaid is with the team that drafts him due to sentimental reason like Dirk or Dame.

Biid is gonna turn 30 next year and like in Marc Stein’s article, most bigs shows a start of decline by then. And if you look at what we have and what are our upcoming window for a splash, our only window to continue this Biid era is if we make it big in the 2024 FA. That 2024 FA would pretty much determine where this team would be headed.

If Biid is gonna get traded, I dont think its gonna be the Heat or the Knicks. My bet is the Warriors. Where I find Warriors to be ready to move heaven and hell to get Steph a couple of rings to be in the same conversation with MJ. Warriors also have a lot of assets with Kuminga, Moody and Picks from 2025 to 2030.

Kerr is a genius, but I just have trouble imagining Embiid playing in a motion offense that thrives on ball and player movement, ball screens, and quick decision making.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Warfelg
Sophomore
And1: 126

Post#48 » by Warfelg » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:41 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:I dont think Biid has overwhelming reasons to leave this team. He is financially secured up till 2026, when he’s earning on an average of 52 mil per year till then. And once his contract is up, he’d be 33 already and the best chance he gets overpaid is with the team that drafts him due to sentimental reason like Dirk or Dame.

Kerr is a genius, but I just have trouble imagining Embiid playing in a motion offense that thrives on ball and player movement, ball screens, and quick decision making.

I think I can see Embiid in that but it would have to come with an understanding of plays need to be designed to end with an Embiid shot not an Embiid option.

But there's been a juicy rumor that if Embiid hit the market, LAL would offer Anthony Davis straight up for Embiid.

Personally I find the conversation of moving Embiid for a rebuild package a little off putting. I think if he hits the market you need to top 5 player or 2 top 10 players in return. If not it's got to be an OKC Chet, Williams, 6+ picks package.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,625

Post#49 » by Iverson Armband » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:19 pm

Warfelg wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I think I can see Embiid in that but it would have to come with an understanding of plays need to be designed to end with an Embiid shot not an Embiid option.

But there's been a juicy rumor that if Embiid hit the market, LAL would offer Anthony Davis straight up for Embiid.

Personally I find the conversation of moving Embiid for a rebuild package a little off putting. I think if he hits the market you need to top 5 player or 2 top 10 players in return. If not it's got to be an OKC Chet, Williams, 6+ picks package.

Why would a team trade a top 5 player or 2 top 10 players for Embiid. Doesn’t even make sense.
always a jump shot away.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by mjkvol » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:28 pm

Warfelg wrote:But there's been a juicy rumor that if Embiid hit the market, LAL would offer Anthony Davis straight up for Embiid.

Of course they would, and Morey would need his head examined if he even considered it. Davis is already half shot at 30, can never stay healthy, and would be gone from here the second he had the chance. Not a chance.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#51 » by the_process » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:51 pm

Warfelg wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

IMO moving Embiid for Davis would be a little off putting. Embiid is not only better, but gets hurt less often as well. Which is saying something considering Jo is hurt come the end of April like clockwork.

Anyway; Chet, Jalen, filler (Bertans and Oladipo ostensibly), Sixers pick of 4 1sts and 3 swaps from the OKC draft pile.

Send that **** to Dave Silver and call it a day.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#52 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:28 am

I dont think Presti would offer that for Embiid. I find him rarely wanting to “win now” and prefer a team that can win with longevity and cap flexibility. He’s like Hinkie, but he knows basketball.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#53 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:30 am

Trading for Anthony Davis does not make sense unless we have a top 5-10 player that we can pair with him.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by mjkvol » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:30 pm

76ciology wrote:I dont think Presti would offer that for Embiid. I find him rarely wanting to “win now” and prefer a team that can win with longevity and cap flexibility. He’s like Hinkie, but he knows basketball.

Totally agree. The move would be way out of character for Presti and would be the quickest way to derail the good thing they have going in OKC. The only way Presti would drop that kind of bundle would be for a true playoff difference maker in their prime, and those players don't become available.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#55 » by Mik317 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:45 pm

if/when we trade Biid its going to be similar to the Dame situation.;...in which the teams that can best use him at the stage of his career...have **** all to offer a rebuilding team lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by mjkvol » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:58 am

Mik317 wrote:if/when we trade Biid its going to be similar to the Dame situation.;...in which the teams that can best use him at the stage of his career...have **** all to offer a rebuilding team lol.

If you think about it, that only makes sense. The only rare exception would be if someone like OKC decided a Dame or Biid was the piece that filled a spot and could elevate them to true contender status. Otherwise it's garbage from contenders who have no worthwhile picks and aren't parting with any meaningful players.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,620

Post#57 » by youngcrev » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:16 am

Mik317 wrote:if/when we trade Biid its going to be similar to the Dame situation.;...in which the teams that can best use him at the stage of his career...have **** all to offer a rebuilding team lol.

If he's as loyal as Dame was then we've got plenty of time. Give me three more years of an MVP caliber player and middling trade return over a monster package now that puts us back in the position of sucking and praying to find another MVP caliber player to build around.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers