ImageImageImage

Woj Bomb!! James Harden traded to the LA Clippers!! It's happening!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,525

Re: Woj Bomb!! James Harden traded to the LA Clippers!! It's happening!!! 

Post#361 » by Snotbubbles » Wed Nov 1, 2023 12:40 pm

I don't understand the want for Siakim. He'd become our next Tobias Harris. Everyone would hate him in quick fashion.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#362 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:08 pm

I'm curious about our lineup post Harden. I imagine Nurse will go with whoever picks up the offensive and defensive schemes the quickest.

Maxey/Bev/Springer
Melton/Oubre
Covington/Batum
Harris/Martin/Morris
Embiid/Reed/Bamba

I'm forgetting someone here
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#363 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:16 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm curious about our lineup post Harden. I imagine Nurse will go with whoever picks up the offensive and defensive schemes the quickest.

Maxey/Bev/Springer
Melton/Oubre
Covington/Batum
Harris/Martin/Morris
Embiid/Reed/Bamba

I'm forgetting someone here

Not sure if you're joking, but you're missing Korkmaz and KJ Martin.

Never mind on Martin. You have him at PF. You're missing House.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,612

Post#364 » by NYSixersFan » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:08 pm

So, apparently this trade was forced upon Morey by Harris. Finally Harris does something I like.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,883

Post#365 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:12 pm

New guys will play?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#366 » by the_process » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:17 pm

NYSixersFan wrote:So, apparently this trade was forced upon Morey by Harris. Finally Harris does something I like.

IMO that's not exactly correct.

Whatever really happened, the breakup of the two co-dependent weirdos was absolutely needed.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#367 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:23 pm

Hopefully the new guys are able to play tomorrow. I know they're all destined for short stints in Philly, but I'm going to enjoy the added forward depth and shooting for now. Batum has always been a heady reliable player and should have enough left to be a viable glue-guy in our rotation.

Covington will probably get Green's minutes and will split time at PF with Batum/Morris to cover PJ's absence. A lot of new faces to incorporate.... looking forward to seeing how Nurse utilizes everyone.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#368 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:29 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:Hopefully the new guys are able to play tomorrow. I know they're all destined for short stints in Philly, but I'm going to enjoy the added forward depth and shooting for now. Batum has always been a heady reliable player and should have enough left to be a viable glue-guy in our rotation.

Covington will probably get Green's minutes and will split time at PF with Batum/Morris to cover PJ's absence. A lot of new faces to incorporate.... looking forward to seeing how Nurse utilizes everyone.

Yeah, hoping they can all play. Because we have a boring early sched in the season.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#369 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:30 pm

KJ Martin is a horrible corner 3 shooter, that is one aspect he should develop.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,205

Post#370 » by M2J » Wed Nov 1, 2023 4:35 pm

the_process wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:So, apparently this trade was forced upon Morey by Harris. Finally Harris does something I like.

Whatever really happened, the breakup of the two co-dependent weirdos was absolutely needed.

Right. I think the deal was crafted by Darryl. But he likely did want Mann because he likely had a unprotected pick that he liked better from some other team lined up. However, with the 2 second round picks I like this trade a lot for the sixers.

But Harris stepped in, and also maybe needed to go over the head of Clippers president to get some concessions to get it done.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,049

Post#371 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#372 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:24 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:I don't understand the want for Siakim. He'd become our next Tobias Harris. Everyone would hate him in quick fashion.

This. I don't want Siakim unless we can somehow also acquire someone better.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,612

Post#373 » by NYSixersFan » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:26 pm

the_process wrote:

Even if it's partially correct, I'll take it. Whatever it took to get Morey to trade his BFF.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#374 » by the_process » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:31 pm

M2J wrote:
the_process wrote:

Right. I think the deal was crafted by Darryl. But he likely did want Mann because he likely had an unprotected pick that he liked better from some other team lined up. However, with the 2 second round picks I like this trade a lot for the sixers.

But Harris stepped in, and also maybe needed to go over the head of Clippers president to get some concessions to get it done.

To me, the evidence points towards "league office assistance". But however they got there, Harris and Ballmer got involved and finished the deal.

Which, quite frankly, is better for everyone. Except probably Morey. :lol:
M2J
Starter

Post#375 » by M2J » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:41 pm

the_process wrote:
M2J wrote:
the_process wrote:

Right. I think the deal was crafted by Darryl. But he likely did want Mann because he likely had an unprotected pick that he liked better from some other team lined up. However, with the 2 second round picks I like this trade a lot for the sixers.

To me, the evidence points towards "league office assistance". But however they got there, Harris and Ballmer got involved and finished the deal.

Which, quite frankly, is better for everyone. Except probably Morey. :lol:

Definitely wouldn't be surprised if the league pushed them to get it done. They certainly didn't want Harden sitting
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#376 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:44 pm

The league also could have told Harris they'd start fining them if Harden continued to sit.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#377 » by Skates » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:54 pm

I think Silver called Ballmer and Harris and said get this done. The GM's would have gotten the same or a similar deal done, but not now. The deal ended up about what most people expected (maybe a bit better than I expected) and was always going to get there, but the league and teams wanting to shortcut each side's attempt to get more leverage before the entire thing became even more embarrassing was the sensible thing to do, especially at the beginning of a new season.

If anything this really benefits the Sixers by getting the right deal done and allowing the team, coaches and fans to move past the ridiculousness that Harden was planning. Helps the Clips integrate PJ and Harden sooner too. Sometimes a bigger picture look at things is needed.
M2J
Starter

Post#378 » by M2J » Wed Nov 1, 2023 5:55 pm

Windy keeps touting that Harden is undefeated, and he should be a consultant on this. To some degree, yes. He gets to the locations he wants for sure.

However, his standing continues to drop in each city, even Houston didn't want him back. His money just gets lesser and less secure, and no rings.

LeBron should be teaching the course
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#379 » by Sixersftw » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:07 pm

Stanford wrote:
Read on Twitter

I just love that he exists.

His name is Basketball.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#380 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:24 pm

M2J wrote:Windy keeps touting that Harden is undefeated, and he should be a consultant on this.

That's laughable. What would his advice to Dame have been? Be less desirable? Make sure you're so volatile that no one wants to pay you? Dame will make over 60 million dollars in 2026/27 and Harden will be on a vet minimum. I'm certain Dame would have no time for Harden's consultation, even it means he ends up in Milwaukee and not Miami.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers