ImageImageImage

Game 7: Celtics @ Sixers 11/8 @ 7 pm ET Our First Real Test Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,883

Re: Game 7: Celtics @ Sixers 11/8 @ 7 pm ET Our First Real Test Thread 

Post#301 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:40 am

FlyingArrow wrote:A no-defense, non-creating point guard who reliably bring the ball up the court and hit a free throw and an open 3... that's gotta be an easy thing to find in the G-league right? Probably at least a half-dozen if not 20 guys who can do that. Maybe even one in Delaware. Because that seems to be what we needed at the end of the game.

Javonte Smart?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,081

Post#302 » by Sixerscan » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:41 am

We won game 7, you guys
76ciology
RealGM

Post#303 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:42 am

Harden is getting paid by these GMs to get them good draft picks
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#304 » by Skates » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:52 am

Cut Bamba, sign any guy that can dribble the ball to replace him.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#305 » by FlyingArrow » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:53 am

Sixerscan wrote:We won game 7, you guys

We won game 8. Bittersweet.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#306 » by eyeatoma » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:37 am

Read on Twitter

LMFAO
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#307 » by eyeatoma » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:38 am

Harden's return to Philly is going to be lit...

Read on Twitter
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,205

Post#308 » by M2J » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:52 am

eyeatoma wrote:Harden's return to Philly is going to be lit...

Read on Twitter

That's pretty funny
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,496

Post#309 » by Eyeamok » Thu Nov 9, 2023 4:59 am

M2J wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's pretty funny

I'm not a Harden hater, but it seemed like the Nets were on a mission to hunt Harden during the 4th quarter, quite a bit and it worked for them.

On a 76ers note a guy like Shake Milton would work wonders for this team now.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#310 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 9, 2023 5:40 am

Eyeamok wrote:
M2J wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's pretty funny

I'm not a Harden hater, but it seemed like the Nets were on a mission to hunt Harden during the 4th quarter, quite a bit and it worked for them.

We have Javonte to replace Shake.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#311 » by phillynative » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:54 am

This might have been a Danuel House over Furk/Melton night. Good job for coaches realizing Furk didnt have it, unfortunately because of lack of ball handling , they felt they couldnt do the same with Melt.
House has the size and athleticism to guard either of the celtics wing & guard duos , where furk looked overmatched. He can bring the ball up in a pinch and is a better finisher, cutter if the 3 wasn't dropping unlike Melton.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#312 » by Kova » Thu Nov 9, 2023 7:46 am

LOVE THIS TEAM. (except for the last 2 minutes lol :) )

I love our length, and the ability to switch on anyone, give them Harris, Oubre, Roco, Batum, switch everything, and it totally changes our defensive output.

Melton was critical, and that's the only thing I didn't like. He shouldn't have been in the game in the final minutes.

Love how Tobias is aggressive. He is a totally different player this year.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#313 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:20 am

My thoughts:
- our guys took PERSONAL the playoff series loss to the Celtics.
- we turned KP into their Gobert. KP is too slow against Maxey, too light for physicality of Embiid.
- Tobi, Roco, Batum and Oubre. Plethora of defensive wings against Tatum and Brown.
- suddenly we’re deeper against the Celts.
- There’s fear when Tatum, Brown, Horford and Porzingis drive with Roco, Melton, Reed and Oubre’s deflections.
- 30pt win if we had Isaiah Canaan instead of Melton
- In that possession where Biid hit that fadeaway, I’d probably leave Melton open and take my chances
- hindsight is 20/20, but Maxey should have drive, fake then step through on that possession where he was blocked by Brown to ice the game.
- still not confident that Maxey can be a go to guy when there’s no pace and the defense is set, such us in crunch time situation.
- what we can learn from this game is teams can just deny Maxey the ball and we’d be missing a capable secondary ball handler or another perimeter shot creator.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#314 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 9, 2023 8:23 am

This team reminds me of our 2000 Sixers team. Good chemistry. Everything clicking. Then we made the Mutombo trade which could have made us more talented but not necessarily better.

I want to face more good teams.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#315 » by Embiid P » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:16 am

76ciology wrote:This team reminds me of our 2000 Sixers team. Good chemistry. Everything clicking. Then we made the Mutombo trade which could have made us more talented but not necessarily better.

I want to face more good teams.

Remember we only made the Mutombo trade because Theo Ratliff was injured for a long time and we were clearly trying to win now and we were badly in need of a starting center.

You could argue that we should have traded for a different center but I'm not sure who else was available at the time.

I highly doubt that we would have beaten the Lakers in the Finals even if we hadn't made that trade.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,561

Post#316 » by elchengue20 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:32 am

76ciology wrote:My thoughts:
- we turned KP into their Gobert. KP is too slow against Maxey, too light for physicality of Embiid.
- Tobi, Roco, Batum and Oubre. Plethora of defensive wings against Tatum and Brown.
- There’s fear when Tatum, Brown, Horford and Porzingis drive with Roco, Melton, Reed and Oubre’s deflections.
- In that possession where Biid hit that fadeaway, I’d probably leave Melton open and take my chances
- hindsight is 20/20, but Maxey should have drive, fake then step through on that possession where he was blocked by Brown to ice the game.
- still not confident that Maxey can be a go to guy when there’s no pace and the defense is set, such us in crunch time situation.
- what we can learn from this game is teams can just deny Maxey the ball and we’d be missing a capable secondary ball handler or another perimeter shot creator.

We have Duncan and Parker. This summer we even got a Stephen Jackson (Oubre).

We still missing our Ginobili.

We need another creator in the half court who isnt a liability on defense. Only Maxey for creation is not going to be enough when it matters.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#317 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:39 am

elchengue20 wrote:

We need another creator in the half court who isnt a liability on defense. Only Maxey for creation is not going to be enough when it matters.

Korkmaz is Ginobili.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,561

Post#318 » by elchengue20 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 11:07 am

76ciology wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

Korkmaz is Ginobili.

I guess he can try lol

I forgot we also got our Pop this summer. Team looking way better with real coaching.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 862

Post#319 » by Ferry Avenue » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:21 pm

The key difference in the performance last night in my opinion, in comparison to what's typically happened in such games in recent years, is that there were far more players ready to make an impact in some way. The team felt like an "army" of players going against the Celtics, which had an intimidating feel to it, as opposed to a far smaller nucleus of players alongside largely non-impactful ones. It gave the appearance the Celtics were up against it, as opposed to exerting their will against insufficient opposition. The Sixers truly felt like the more dominant team for a change, and not just in terms of the scoreboard but in terms of the "feel" on the court.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,496

Post#320 » by Eyeamok » Thu Nov 9, 2023 1:50 pm

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
M2J wrote:
That's pretty funny

We have Javonte to replace Shake.

He was invisible last night.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers