ImageImageImage

2023-2024 College Basketball / NBA Draft

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,156

Re: 2023-2024 College Basketball / NBA Draft 

Post#101 » by Negrodamus » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:51 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Holy crap, a perfect performance from Justin Edwards. About time he looked like an NBA prospect.

Also, Ivisik should definitely go Top 10. I think he's C1 ahead of Clingan and Sarr.

Yea that was out of nowhere. My issue with Ivisic is he looks like he’s never seen a PnR in his life on defense. Rolling man is always wide open. He also is a bit stiff at times. That said, he’s a billions times more talented than the other two centers (Ugonna, Bradshaw).

If Edwards is out of his head, then we have a real shot at winning. All we’d need is DJ Wagner to pull a Jalen Johnson and shut it down. He’s been giving us absolutely nothing and is stealing minutes from Sheppard and Dillingham.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#102 » by Negrodamus » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46

If we keep the pick, I’m giving Thiero a first round promise to keep him in. He has the tools to really become a legit player in the league. Might need a little time to continue to fill out and get comfortable with his 3 ball.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,632

Post#103 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:32 am

Bub Carrington...He should absolutely be on our short list if he declares.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#104 » by Negrodamus » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:59 am

Alright, Reed is a top ten prospect. Possibly top five. You just deal with his bumps because he’s a two way player with insane shooting. Like a Nash/Kidd hybrid. He just needs to add another dimension to his ball handling.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,890

Post#105 » by stormi » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:53 am

Negrodamus wrote:Alright, Reed is a top ten prospect. Possibly top five. You just deal with his bumps because he’s a two way player with insane shooting. Like a Nash/Kidd hybrid. He just needs to add another dimension to his ball handling.

Is Antonio Reeves a legit NBA prospect to you?

He's super old but guys that watch UK seem to really like him and his shooting/scoring ability.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,223

Post#106 » by mjkvol » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Alright, Reed is a top ten prospect. Possibly top five. You just deal with his bumps because he’s a two way player with insane shooting. Like a Nash/Kidd hybrid. He just needs to add another dimension to his ball handling.

I'd take Sheppard in a heartbeat, and certainly before anyone else on the UK roster.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,878

Post#107 » by 76ciology » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:19 pm

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#108 » by Negrodamus » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:06 pm

stormi wrote:

Is Antonio Reeves a legit NBA prospect to you?

He's super old but guys that watch UK seem to really like him and his shooting/scoring ability.

He hasn't be a complete liability on defense, but he's certainly not good on that end. I think his shot is a little streakier than you'd like from a knockdown shooter. His bread and butter are open looks and beating the closeout. Nice college player, but I wouldn't spend a pick on him.

Ivisic, Sheppard, Dillingham, Thiero would all go ahead of him in my book. Possibly Tre Mitchell too and DJ Wagner, and Justin Edwards if you're willing to bank on their potential; however I'm waiting to see anything of intrigue from Wagner.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#109 » by Negrodamus » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:08 pm

mjkvol wrote:

I'd take Sheppard in a heartbeat, and certainly before anyone else on the UK roster.

Dillingham and Ivisic would be the only ones in the conversation. Ivisic is going to need some time to fill out and add agility but he could be a serious player in the league. Dillingham has the one v one handles that Reed desperately needs to add to his game but he also freelances too much which gets him in trouble. Not exactly the worst problem for an NBA player, but there are other aspects he needs to work on, like adding strength.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by mjkvol » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:21 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Dillingham and Ivisic would be the only ones in the conversation. Ivisic is going to need some time to fill out and add agility but he could be a serious player in the league. Dillingham has the one v one handles that Reed desperately needs to add to his game but he also freelances too much which gets him in trouble. Not exactly the worst problem for an NBA player, but there are other aspects he needs to work on, like adding strength.

Sheppard, like Knecht, just strikes me as the kind of kid that a number of teams will regret passing on. Both hard working good kids that live to hoop, and will make any team smart enough to grab them that much better. Dillingham is a brilliant offensive player, though.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by mjkvol » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:14 pm

If Knecht wasn't in the lottery pick discussion before last night, I'll bet he is now. The final 12 minutes against Auburn was must-see TV, they were sending two and sometimes three players at him and he outscored Auburn on his own, from all three levels.

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#112 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:11 am

mjkvol wrote:If Knecht wasn't in the lottery pick discussion before last night, I'll bet he is now. The final 12 minutes against Auburn was must-see TV, they were sending two and sometimes three players at him and he outscored Auburn on his own, from all three levels.

Just a great win for the Vols last night!
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by mjkvol » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:53 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:If Knecht wasn't in the lottery pick discussion before last night, I'll bet he is now. The final 12 minutes against Auburn was must-see TV, they were sending two and sometimes three players at him and he outscored Auburn on his own, from all three levels.

Just finished watching it again. Those last 12 minutes were something special.

The SEC is a brute this year - UT finishes at Alabama, at South Carolina, and Kentucky at home, with four teams still having a shot at the conference title.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#114 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:46 pm

mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

The SEC is a brute this year - UT finishes at Alabama, at South Carolina, and Kentucky at home, with four teams still having a shot at the conference title.

Surprisingly SC will be the toughest opponent. They don't have top flight talent, but they play mistake free basketball, they rebound, they're athletic, and they hit their threes. Collin Murray-Boyles is probably their best overall player. Auburn spanked them on Valentine's day but other than that they've beat everyone. Still think UT has them this time at home.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#115 » by mjkvol » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:22 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Surprisingly SC will be the toughest opponent. They don't have top flight talent, but they play mistake free basketball, they rebound, they're athletic, and they hit their threes. Collin Murray-Boyles is probably their best overall player. Auburn spanked them on Valentine's day but other than that they've beat everyone. Still think UT has them this time at home.

No, it's in Columbia - SC beat UT in Knoxville in a dreadful game in January. All three remaining games are tough, but tomorrow night the Vols are walking into a hornet's nest at Alabama. Coming out of there with a W is a tall order, as Bama is a handful in their gym.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,283

Post#116 » by Kobblehead » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:15 am

Mark Sears reminds me of Brunson-lite. Short little doughy bastard that can just ball.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#117 » by Kobblehead » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:55 pm

Hot take: I think I like Baylor Scheierman a little more than Dalton Knecht.

I think Scheierman's basketball IQ and shooting traits are superior.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by mjkvol » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:44 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Hot take: I think I like Baylor Scheierman a little more than Dalton Knecht.

DK is still a work in progress in many respects. He came to UT to be coached hard and to expand beyond being a gunner, and his growth within one season defensively and with regard to court vision and BB IQ has been pretty remarkable. I haven't seen enough of Creighton to compare them.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by mjkvol » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:44 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Hot take: I think I like Baylor Scheierman a little more than Dalton Knecht.

DK is still a work in progress in many respects. He came to UT to be coached hard and to expand beyond being a gunner, and his growth within one season defensively and with regard to court vision and BB IQ has been pretty remarkable. I only wish he had come to UT a year earlier. I haven't seen enough of Creighton to compare them.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#120 » by Kobblehead » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:58 pm

My thought process is:

Knect's 1 definable trait is his scoring. I don't see an NBA team turning over their offense to a 23 year old rookie with average athleticism.

So then I turn to his ancillary traits. No real playmaking. Doesn't offer much by way of blocks or steals. Probably only projects as a league average shooter from three.

Trying to envision his role at the NBA level and having trouble. I'm thinking a Christian Braun type.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers