And1: 18,030

Post#41 » by Mik317 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:39 am

well so much for that.............
#NeverGonnaBeGood
dond
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#42 » by dond » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:43 am

Boy ... The Sixers really have some poor free throw shooters. No big deal now ... but if they ever get a good team it will be a problem.
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
iaaa99
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by iaaa99 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 am

we just disappear now as usual. You cannot beat an NBA team with 22 Turnovers
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by dond » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:00 am

iaaa99 wrote:we just disappear now as usual. You cannot beat an NBA team with 22 Turnovers

Sounds like you thought the Sixers might win this game ... LOL ...

This is standard procedure for a good team playing a poor team. They spar with them for 3 quarters ... just keeping it close ... and then they pull away in the 4th quarter. NBA players know they cannot get a win in any of the first 3 quarters so they do no kill themselves trying to do it. They wait until the 4th quarter.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#45 » by SendEm » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:23 am

So I caught the game at the end of the 3rd and seen a team collapse. The Sixers were down by 5 points when I cut on the television and went from good to worst IMMEDIATELY. The defensive rotations were atrocious. Andre Miller is the ONLY player on our roster with any real offensive game.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#46 » by Cru Thik » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:02 am

What happened I left when it was like 60-60 something I look at the score when i get back and it's 80 something to 116 or w/e wow we got bent over I guess. Would have liked to put it to the pathetic Celtics and there worthless fans but oh well lol.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#47 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:11 am

That's a pretty good team the Sixers were playing tonight (one of many that they have played on the road over the past 4 weeks)...and even though the Celtics weren't really interested until midway through the 3rd quarter, the Sixers still made some plays. Thad, Jason, Lou...even Rodney made a play or two...that fast-break where the ball didn't touch the floor -- Carney to Lou to Thad for a nice finish...executing that play in a close game on the road against a good team...it's nice to see things like that.

Sammy wan't anything special tonight, but he really wasn't getting a lot of help defensively down low -- particularly when KG came back in the 2nd half and started to play. While I know Eddie wants to get a PF who can score in the low-post, he also needs a guy who can be a reliable defensive presence - particularly around the rim.

And as Thad continues to grow - and as I project him as the starting SF down the road - I just keep wondering if Iguodala can play major minutes next to him as the SG. Iggy's handle simply is not good enough right now (it seemed like a lot of his drives to the basket were an adventure tonight)...he is not the fill-it-up assassin from the perimeter, so - unless this team has a TON of transition opportunities to score the ball - he MUST be able to put the ball on the floor in the half-court set to create offense, and right now, he cannot do it. Heck - WillieG has a better handle than Iggy...and what does THAT say?

:rofl:

If they DO trade Miller (and Stefanski seemed to leave the door open for that with his comments today), this team will be brutal to watch for the rest of the season.
Philly Family
Sophomore

Post#48 » by Philly Family » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

We have got to be the worst foul shooting team out there....the was horrible and our perimeter defense in non exsistance...We rotate and leave guys open for open shoot every time....
STChaser
Starter

Post#49 » by STChaser » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:19 am

This is standard procedure for a good team playing a poor team. They spar with them for 3 quarters ... just keeping it close ... and then they pull away in the 4th quarter. NBA players know they cannot get a win in any of the first 3 quarters so they do no kill themselves trying to do it. They wait until the 4th quarter.

Agree with you about most of what you said. But there is something to be said for the officiating in the second half. Iguodala was getting raped inside and the whistles were silent. Speaking of which, Iguodala lets the officiating get to him too much. It seems like when he's not getting the calls, he quits. He needs to take motivation from this and elevate his game. Instead, he starts playing erratic or shrinks.

Also, what was the point of WG getting so many minutes tonight. He was completely useless. And lord knows this team needs a legit PF - one that can hit free throws too. So many potential points are wasted due to Evans inability to capitalize on fouls.

Anyway, I didn't expect to win. But it's still annoying watching the one-trick pony, Eddie House, drain threes repeatedly. For whatever reason, that guy has always annoyed the hell out of me. Maybe if he was on my team, I wouldn't feel that way...

One other thing I noticed tonight. Stefanski got rid of Korver because he thought he was a luxury with no post presence here. Well, I've got to go back and look at Garnett's stats but he didn't strike me as having a great game in the paint tonight and yet we still couldn't defend the perimeter. Anyway, props to Sam, Thad, Smith, and Carney for the effort. Guess I should give Evans props too just on the basis that he tries so hard. One loss closer to the Rose Bowl I guess...

STChaser
barkley34
Veteran

Post#50 » by barkley34 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:44 am

bebopdeluxe wrote: (it seemed like a lot of his drives to the basket were an adventure tonight)

He is starting to run into traffic now because teams are packing it in the lane because without Korver we have nobody to provide spacing in our halfcourt offense. The only player we have to stretch the defense is Giricek but Cheeks doesn't play him maybe because Stefanski told him to play the young guys instead.

When Iggy was thriving late last year he had open lanes to the basket because Joe Smith and Korver were pulling defenses out of the lane.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#51 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:24 am

barkley"

Fair point...but the reality is that Korver is gone...and with Thad hopefully being a 30 mpg player by later this season, it's not like the minutes were going to be there for Korver anyway. Now, Giricek can play the 2, which would open up space for Iggy...but then you have to play Iguodala at the 3...

:sigh:

No easy answers, bro.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#52 » by The Guilty Party » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:34 am

I was driving dwon from North Jersey and listened to the 2nd half on the radio. Things seemed to be going good up until there were 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

By the way, if we can agree that a team with around 40 wins will take the 8th seed.... then the Sixers would need to go 25-17 the rest of the way to have a chance at that. That's not going to happen and so I really believe we should start Thad ASAP.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#53 » by SendEm » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:47 am

The Guilty Party wrote:
By the way, if we can agree that a team with around 40 wins will take the 8th seed.... then the Sixers would need to go 25-17 the rest of the way to have a chance at that. That's not going to happen and so I really believe we should start Thad ASAP.

Great point. BUT, it would be a terrible business move to bench Evans or Green before the trade deadline.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#54 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:01 pm

When is the trade deadline...it's coming up in the next few weeks isn't it?

Saw the 3rd and 4th...tough loss when they apparently played pretty well. Game got really physical without many calls, and hopefully they learned from it. For as bad as it appeared on TV, they didn't complain too much, but it did appear to get to both Andres. Thad made some rookie mistakes on defense which hurt during the 4th, and the got hot from 3...kind of like the SA game in the 4th quarter.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#55 » by tk76 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 pm

Maybe I'm being biased, but it looked like Dala was crying, and Miller was really getting the crap beat out of him. I doubt he faked getting hit in the face all four times.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#56 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 pm

He did protest, but for as physical as it was, and as frustrated as they looked, I was shocked nobody got a T.
Mozy-76er Fan
Junior

Post#57 » by Mozy-76er Fan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm

It was fun being at the game. Sixers looked great in the first half. The Celtic Cheerleaders are HOT :D Celtics turned up the D in the 2nd half.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers