ImageImageImage

Is Ricky Sanchez still out there somewhere?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Is Ricky Sanchez still out there somewhere? 

Post#1 » by Gsraider » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Remember the 20 year old prospect the Sixers got in the R. Evans/S. Hunter trade? My guess is that, like E. Bavcic, he'll probably never be heard from again, but has anyone even heard about this guy playing anywhere since the trade? He had pretty good size and was once considered a very solid prospect.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#2 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:52 pm

How about an update posted yesterday...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Sanchez-447/

NBA D-League Showcase, Day Two
January 16, 2008
Acquired by the Denver Nuggets in the 2005 draft Ricky Sanchez was a project big in the truest terms. Having only played one year of high school in the States, after leaving his native Puerto Rico, he was drafted in a high school heavy draft at only 17 years of age. Earlier this year his rights were traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in part of the Reggie Evans for Bobby Jones and Stephen Hunter trade. In his second season in the D-League the 6
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#3 » by Cru Thik » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 pm

So sounds like he needs a coach who can rip him a new hole and get him motivated to play like a man and get rid of his little skirt. He has not learned in the 3 yrs so he will probably never get it.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
phillyborn_jacksonite
Junior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by phillyborn_jacksonite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:16 pm

poop head.i played pickup with a guy like this..its really annoying...he was 6'6 -but for a bunch of slow, short white guys playing weekely lunchtime pickup he might have well been shaq..he was good at defensive rebounding..but when I (PG) set up our offense hoping he would go to the hgih post for a pick and roll or the low post for drop step and easy finish..there he was on the outside askingme why i would'nt pass it to him so he could shoot from 20 feet away....sometimes big guys just don't get it..i thik we can consider Ricky to be a another wasted prospect used as a throwin..BK drafted some nice players as we know but he has also taken on players that don't work out or do what they should be doing...at lest we got rid of steven hunter.
sig courtesy of GKgfx
Gsraider
Starter
And1: 111

Post#5 » by Gsraider » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Wow, thanks. That was quick. Not overly promising, but quick nonetheless. Not having much of an inside game is one thing, but refusing to work on one is an indictment of his work ethic and coachability. I would be amazed if we ever hear from this guy again, other than perhaps an invite to a Summer League or training camp.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#6 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:15 pm

I think he needs to play with a real Point guard, and not some Livingston kid. A guy who'll say "GET THE **** IN THERE"
phillyborn_jacksonite
Junior

Post#7 » by phillyborn_jacksonite » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:I think he needs to play with a real Point guard, and not some Livingston kid. A guy who'll say "GET THE **** IN THERE"

youre right but you know what my friend said to me when i said the same exact thing to him..."i like shooting from the outside, that's my strength"

in other words he was a wuss, i ended posting people and i was the PG i felt like Andre miller. Anwya i dont play with that guiy anymore and i doubt we will ever see Ricky unless he changes his attitude about getting physical

sig courtesy of GKgfx
Rasto
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#8 » by Rasto » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:26 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:I think he needs to play with a real Point guard, and not some Livingston kid. A guy who'll say "GET THE **** IN THERE"

Randy Livingston isn't "some kid". He is an experienced 32 year-old PG, who has always had loads of playmaking talent. Bad knees has held him back in the NBA, but he is probably one of the best playmakers in the D-league.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#9 » by freshie2 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:51 pm

He was a stud at LSU if I remember correctly, then had all of the injury issues.

The kid's 20...hopefully he can bulk up and get some kind of inside game goint.
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#10 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:51 pm

If you have the NBATV channel, you might be able to check out Ricky Sanchez right now (Sat 3:30 pm to 5:30). They are re-showing a games from a few days ago. Sanchez played a little over 8 minutes in the game and scored 5 pts.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers