ImageImageImage

Slammin Sammy Deserves Some Respect

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Do you think Dalembert will ever get the respect he deserves?

No, He will always be looked at as an overpaid foul happy goal tender
20%
Yes, If he keeps pulling down 15+ Rebs and putting up 20 point games, people will HAVE to start noticing him
80%

Total votes: 15

IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Slammin Sammy Deserves Some Respect 

Post#1 » by IggyTheBEaST » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:21 pm

Question:

(Its hard to beleive since even sixer fans dont even give him his due)

BUT he is without a doubt, a top 10 center in this league imo.

Daly has improved his:

-Overall offense. He has worked hard on his shot and can now step out an confidently knock downt hat 12 foot jump shot.

-Overall defense. As hard as it is to beleive, Sammy is no longer ONLY a shotblock defender. He has improved his overall defense. He has been staying in front of his man. He has been making better decisions. He has been boxing out his man from offensive rebounds. (Its close to impossible to stop Yao and Duncan, but Sam did a very respectable job on both.)

bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#2 » by bebopdeluxe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:41 pm

I think that he is already getting that respect....at least, by anybody who wants to come to the issue with no preconceived notions and fair expectations. Can he be better? Sure. But EVERYBODY can be better. Right now, if I had to make a list of players on this team, from most-untouchable to least-untouchable, the list starts with him (with Thad right behind him).

He is a legitimate starting center in the NBA...and that is a GOOD thing to have on your team.
Salvistine24
Junior

Post#3 » by Salvistine24 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm

i think the truth will fall somewhere between both choices...i know it does for me

i love that hes improved and i wanted him with the ball on offense all nite yesterday but he isnt untouchable in my book

i still dont think u can win a title with him and as a rebuilding team, i want pieces that i think can eventually get us there...i just think hes too thin, cant post up well enough on offense (most of his points are on broken down drives by guards or midrange jumpers), and doesnt have that much of an upside we havent seen...

hes going to be that 12 and 10 guy which is terrific but if i can move him for more rebuilding pieces i do it...and i know some will say put a bruising pf next to him and it will compensate but i dont buy it...im in the faction that wants a traditional lineup with a big center, a strong pf who can stretch the d, and 3 perimeter guys that can shoot and distribute...i think thats how you win and it starts on the inside out
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#4 » by sec-106 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 pm

He has never played better and has made himself (if this continues) into a very important part of the future.
philbe311
Starter

Post#5 » by philbe311 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Where's option C:

Sammy is having a great season and has improved significantly, however he still makes boneheaded decisions and is overpaid. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him while the value is high.

Put me down for option C.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 am

Let's see, he's 25 or 26. He's entering his prime. He's dominating basketball games. He's a big center. Yeah, that's a keeper. Not since Shaq has a center actually been that good(Kaman's a bust, Bogut's been doing okay I guess)
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#7 » by Sixersftw » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:54 pm

oh my god my head just exploded. really!?! dedicated you can't say stuff like this man. If shaq woke up back in the day and saw he was averaging 11/10/2.5, he would have slight his wrists.

sammy has improved alot but no where close to that man. He deserves respect, yes. But only to a certain point. Btw, dwight, yao and amare have a whole mess of alot to say about this.

And I would trade Sammy for Kaman every single second of the day. You must not be watching this year, he is beasting.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#8 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:(Kaman's a bust

Do you even watch basketball? Kaman is averaging 17.6ppg, 13.8rpg, and 3bpg. Those are heavenly numbers.
Johnny Broad-Street
Sixth Man
And1: 16

Post#9 » by Johnny Broad-Street » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Yao is a beast. Sammy is a second tier center when he's at the top of his game. When he's average...he's exactly that.
The JB-S System....Zero Defects.
Johnny Broad-Street
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Johnny Broad-Street » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Let's see, he's 25 or 26. He's entering his prime. He's dominating basketball games. He's a big center. Yeah, that's a keeper. Not since Shaq has a center actually been that good(Kaman's a bust, Bogut's been doing okay I guess)

Just wanted to re-post this.....yeah he ACTUALLY said this.

:bowdown:
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#11 » by IggyTheBEaST » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm

With Brand on the sidelines, Kaman is having the season of his life. No way he can keep this up
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
Johnny Broad-Street
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Johnny Broad-Street » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:41 pm

I'm happy for Kaman...but he's playing over his head right now. Anyone remember Mark David when he was here?
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,923

Post#13 » by Wilfried » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Let's see, he's 25 or 26. He's entering his prime. He's dominating basketball games. He's a big center. Yeah, that's a keeper. Not since Shaq has a center actually been that good(Kaman's a bust, Bogut's been doing okay I guess)

Basketball does not seem to be your cup of thee

Return to Philadelphia 76ers