Suggestions for Mo for how to play rest of season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Suggestions for Mo for how to play rest of season 

Post#1 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm

The team clearly is at the edge of an abyss. No one can look at our talent level and youth and expect us to make a run at the playoffs, but we need to get value out of the rest of the season. What do you want Mo to do to get the most out of the remaining 2/3rds of the year?

My thought would be to start instituting Larry Brown style (without LB) offensive principles. We don't have shooters, so we have to cut down on 3's and work the ball around to hope to spread out the defense so our few offensive threats can operate.

I would not want to go entirely slow tempo- just in the set offense. I want us continue to push the break off of rebouinds and turnovers whenever possible.

On defense I want a mixture of traditional, zone and trap. Not so much based on personel- more to give our young players experience in different systems and to help better evaluate our young players.

Minute wise, I'm just like everyone else- get minutes for the young players. I don't care so much who starts, as long as LW, Young and Smith each get 20+ minutes, and we start to work in Hill and Carney either here or in the D league.

Try to keep one vet on the floor at all times (Miller, Dala, Oliie) to make sure the offense runs smoothly, otherwise go young as much as possible.
wow444
Junior
And1: 2

Post#2 » by wow444 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 pm

I am with you. But I think tank/showcase mode (giving Evans and Green starters minutes) is good until the trade deadline. Then institute your plan and finish off the season with a better winning percentage that builds everybody's confidence going into next year.
Don't worry, that builds character and you can never have too much character...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers