the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1341 » by the_process » Thu May 16, 2024 2:57 pm

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
What would be the advantage to staying over the cap? I think I'd take 20M in cap over bird rights on Batum/Melton/Buddy. Not sure if they would be able to use full MLE or not in that scenario since Maxey puts you over the apron once resigned.

Just trying to think through all scenarios. It would be easier to fill out the roster over the cap. And AFAIK they can use the full MLE and the BAE before they max out Maxey.

You are hard capped at the first apron if you use the full MLE, so not sure what our cap numbers would look like if we went that route.

Good point. They would have to use only 99% of the MLE.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Post#1342 » by youngcrev » Thu May 16, 2024 8:13 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
Just trying to think through all scenarios. It would be easier to fill out the roster over the cap. And AFAIK they can use the full MLE and the BAE before they max out Maxey.

You are hard capped at the first apron if you use the full MLE, so not sure what our cap numbers would look like if we went that route.

Lol, I meant if you use the normal MLE instead of the tax payer version
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#1343 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 16, 2024 9:56 pm

So if we're not double dipping on stars, do we think ATL is going to sell off Capela for a 2nd round pick? Is that worth jumping on at that contract to back up Embiid?
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1344 » by youngcrev » Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 pm

Negrodamus wrote:So if we're not double dipping on stars, do we think ATL is going to sell off Capela for a 2nd round pick? Is that worth jumping on at that contract to back up Embiid?

22M for a guy that would be strictly a backup 5 feels like a bad investment.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1345 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 16, 2024 10:37 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:So if we're not double dipping on stars, do we think ATL is going to sell off Capela for a 2nd round pick? Is that worth jumping on at that contract to back up Embiid?

Yea, but we can fake an Embiid injury in January till March and not drop a ton of games to ensure Embiid is healthy by playoffs. Galaxy brain move.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 558

Post#1346 » by MVP1992 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:51 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Yea, but we can fake an Embiid injury in January till March and not drop a ton of games to ensure Embiid is healthy by playoffs. Galaxy brain move.

Can also sit Embiid the entire 1st qtr of games so he's not gassed in the 4th
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
Iscull
Senior
And1: 137

Post#1347 » by Iscull » Thu May 16, 2024 11:10 pm

youngcrev wrote:

I would tend to agree, but Paul is $9MM and Bamba was around $2.5mm? For a significantly better player, we’re only paying another $10MM. Also it’s expiring and he’ll probably start in 30ish games
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#1348 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:03 am

Sixers out: ‘26 OKC/Hou/LAC 1st and 2 2nd’s
Sixers in: Keldon Johnson and DeAndre Hunter

Magic out: Cole Anthony, Jett Howard, Jonathan Issac, ‘25 & ‘26 1st’s

Spurs out: Keldon Johnson
Spurs in: Cole Anthony and Jonathan Issac

Hawks out: Trae Young and DeAndre Hunter
Hawks in: Jett Howard, ‘25 1st via Orl, 2 ‘26 1st’s via Phil and Orl,and 2 2nd’s via Phil

Sixers have roughly $20M left to spend + exception

Free agents: Malik Beasley and Taurean Prince

Exception: Oubre

Vet Mins:

Draft with #16: Devin Carter
Draft with #41: Quinten Post

Vet mins: Lowry, Saric and Goga Bitadze

Maxey/Carter/Lowry
Beasley/Oubre/Council
K. Johnson/Prince
D. Hunter/Saric
Jo/Goga/Post
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#1349 » by the_process » Fri May 17, 2024 2:32 am

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Lol, I meant if you use the normal MLE instead of the tax payer version

Ok, so if you use more than the taxpayer MLE, you get hard capped at the 1st apron. If use you any portion of the MLE at all, you get hard capped at the 2nd apron.

They should just be a cap space team. Still going to be tight squeeze under the 2nd apron especially if they sign George.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,879

Post#1350 » by 76ciology » Fri May 17, 2024 4:52 am

Cavs:
Jared McCain via Sixers 2024 1st
2026 OKC 1st
2028 LAC 1st
2026 Sixers pick swap option
2028 Sixers pick swap option
Mikal Bridges
Dorian Finney Smith
- McCain eventually replaces Garland, replenishes their picks while added much needed wings to compliment Mitchell and Jarett Allen.

Mitchell
Okoro
Bridges
DFS
Jarett Allen

Nets:
Darius Garland
- got a much needed playmaker PG

Sixers:
Evan Mobley

Sign Paul George to $46M supermax

Sixers is almost guaranteed to have the most talented team in the league that FITS in the next 2-3 seasons.

Maxey
Kelly Oubre
Paul George
Evan Mobley
Joel Embiid

- Superior length
- PF who can play 2 man game and carry a lot of embiid’s workload on defense
- overqualified 3rd and 4th options in Mobley and George
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 560

Post#1351 » by PhillyNj » Fri May 17, 2024 4:13 pm

76ciology wrote:Cavs:
Jared McCain via Sixers 2024 1st
2026 OKC 1st
2028 LAC 1st
2026 Sixers pick swap option
2028 Sixers pick swap option
Mikal Bridges
Dorian Finney Smith
- McCain eventually replaces Garland, replenishes their picks while added much needed wings to compliment Mitchell and Jarett Allen.

Mitchell
Okoro
Bridges
DFS
Jarett Allen

Nets:
Darius Garland
- got a much needed playmaker PG

Sixers:
Evan Mobley

Sign Paul George to $46M supermax

Sixers is almost guaranteed to have the most talented team in the league that FITS in the next 2-3 seasons.

Maxey
Kelly Oubre
Paul George
Evan Mobley
Joel Embiid

- Superior length
- PF who can play 2 man game and carry a lot of embiid’s workload on defense
- overqualified 3rd and 4th options in Mobley and George

Way too good for Cleveland. Sucks for the Sixers. Looks like a downgrade for the nets too.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#1352 » by phillynative » Fri May 17, 2024 8:07 pm

Iscull wrote:
phillynative wrote:Why are you guys trying pair non defenders next to Maxey . I don't get it. Maxey needs a 2way with some size to play next to in the backcourt.

If we can bring in two wings who can shoot, I think we just play Oubre at the 2.

I prefer Oubre in a 6th man role.

I want our 2 to have shotcreation/playmaking ability
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#1353 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri May 17, 2024 8:55 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:Sixers out: ‘26 OKC/Hou/LAC 1st and 2 2nd’s

Hawks in: Jett Howard, ‘25 1st via Orl, 2 ‘26 1st’s via Phil and Orl,and 2 2nd’s via Phil

Vet Mins:

Maxey/Carter/Lowry
Beasley/Oubre/Council
K. Johnson/Prince
D. Hunter/Saric
Jo/Goga/Post

If you could remove the skidmark of a human being that is known as Malik Beasely, this would be an amazing offseason plan! I mean why not just bring back Melton or Hield in place of Beasley? Other than that, bravo, this is awesome. Mainly Johnson and Hunter being interchangeable at the forward positions is why I like it so much.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer

Post#1354 » by PhillyFan11 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:16 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Vet Mins:

Maxey/Carter/Lowry
Beasley/Oubre/Council
K. Johnson/Prince
D. Hunter/Saric
Jo/Goga/Post

If you could remove the skidmark of a human being that is known as Malik Beasely, this would be an amazing offseason plan! I mean why not just bring back Melton or Hield in place of Beasley? Other than that, bravo, this is awesome. Mainly Johnson and Hunter being interchangeable at the forward positions is why I like it so much.

What’s your beef with Beasley? I don’t know that much about him other than being a pretty good scorer with a very good 3 point shot. Am I missing something?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1355 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri May 17, 2024 9:23 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Vet Mins:

Maxey/Carter/Lowry
Beasley/Oubre/Council
K. Johnson/Prince
D. Hunter/Saric
Jo/Goga/Post

What’s your beef with Beasley? I don’t know that much about him other than being a pretty good scorer with a very good 3 point shot. Am I missing something?

Let's just say that he's got an issue with juggling parenthood and assault rifles. There were "rumors" that he pointed a gun in the direction of his newborn baby (who knows the truth about that)? He also pointed an assault rifle at a couple and their 13 year old daughter because they pulled up to his roped-off rental house during a parade of homes tour. If you don't know, A parade of homes tour is a showcase of new and remodeled homes that allows home buyers to explore and compare different construction styles, architects, builders, and designers. The family was probably driving through the area looking to buy a home. Beasley is just not the smartest of souls. There are other things he's done as well to get his name in the media. He got embarrassingly whooped by a former NFL player after trying to pick a fight with the guy over his girlfriend at the time (TMZ style). The stuff with Scottie Pippens ex wife I wont mention because I think all the pros have had a piece of Larsa. Like I said, he's just an idiot. We already have Kelly Oubre on the team and he's an actual likeable idiot. I'd rather just keep him. If we're going to felon, human stain route, then I vote for Miles Bridges. Maybe Beasley has matured, but really...What's the excuse for pointing an AR15 at a family house hunting in the neighborhood?

Either way though, I like your outline. Keldon Johnson and Deandre Hunter are a couple of names I'd like to see in a Sixers uni.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer

Post#1356 » by PhillyFan11 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:59 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Let's just say that he's got an issue with juggling parenthood and assault rifles. There were "rumors" that he pointed a gun in the direction of his newborn baby (who knows the truth about that)? He also pointed an assault rifle at a couple and their 13 year old daughter because they pulled up to his roped-off rental house during a parade of homes tour. If you don't know, A parade of homes tour is a showcase of new and remodeled homes that allows home buyers to explore and compare different construction styles, architects, builders, and designers. The family was probably driving through the area looking to buy a home. Beasley is just not the smartest of souls. There are other things he's done as well to get his name in the media. He got embarrassingly whooped by a former NFL player after trying to pick a fight with the guy over his girlfriend at the time (TMZ style). The stuff with Scottie Pippens ex wife I wont mention because I think all the pros have had a piece of Larsa. Like I said, he's just an idiot. We already have Kelly Oubre on the team and he's an actual likeable idiot. I'd rather just keep him. If we're going to felon, human stain route, then I vote for Miles Bridges. Maybe Beasley has matured, but really...What's the excuse for pointing an AR15 at a family house hunting in the neighborhood?

Either way though, I like your outline. Keldon Johnson and Deandre Hunter are a couple of names I'd like to see in a Sixers uni.

Fair enough. Completely forgot about Beasley doing jail time.
Back injuries scare me. If our medical staff doesn’t feel like Melton’s back injury is concern for long term injury I’m fine with him. But based on the time missed this season and the reoccurring injury it doesn’t seem good to me. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get some sort of surgery in the off-season.
And right or wrong, I feel like Nurse made his stance pretty clear on Buddy with the lack of playing time. Don’t know if he’s coming back.

We can meet in the middle with 1 of the Garry’s. Trent Jr or Harris. I’ll throw Alec Burks in as an option too.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1357 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat May 18, 2024 3:10 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

Fair enough. Completely forgot about Beasley doing jail time.
Back injuries scare me. If our medical staff doesn’t feel like Melton’s back injury is concern for long term injury I’m fine with him. But based on the time missed this season and the reoccurring injury it doesn’t seem good to me. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get some sort of surgery in the off-season.
And right or wrong, I feel like Nurse made his stance pretty clear on Buddy with the lack of playing time. Don’t know if he’s coming back.

We can meet in the middle with 1 of the Garry’s. Trent Jr or Harris. I’ll throw Alec Burks in as an option too.

If Gary Trent Jr was a legitimate option, I'd be all for it. Not sure how his relationship is with Nick Nurse though.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#1358 » by youngcrev » Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

#16 to the Knicks for #24, #38 and 2025 MIL 1st

Knicks move up and grab someone like Devin Carter and drive our fan base crazy.

Sixers slide to the back end of the draft while picking up a future 1st (trade asset) and an early 2nd. This gives them an extra million to spend in free agency while not completely foregoing on this draft.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,879

Post#1359 » by 76ciology » Sat May 18, 2024 5:22 pm

Bulls:
Cap space
2026 OKC pick

Signs Paul George at 47M
Draft Kel’el Ware with 16th pick at 4M
Alex Caruso ay 8M

Tyrese Maxey
Alex Caruso
Paul George
Kel’el Ware
Joel Embiid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1360 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 18, 2024 6:50 pm

76ciology wrote:Bulls:
Cap space
2026 OKC pick

Signs Paul George at 47M
Draft Kel’el Ware with 16th pick at 4M
Alex Caruso ay 8M

Tyrese Maxey
Alex Caruso
Paul George
Kel’el Ware
Joel Embiid

This makes sense to me, but Ware isn't likely to start with Embiid. Don't think he's much of a perimeter defender and we certainly don't want Embiid out there. I think he'd be a great third center to groom into backing up Embiid (and possibly taking over for him in a few years).

Return to Philadelphia 76ers