Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Re: Game 4: Raptors @ New Look Sixers 11/2 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#261 » by Embiid P » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:52 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
76ciology wrote:
emptygator wrote:forget using next years cap space on another player.

When we win 65+ games this year, the team is going to have to give the money to the guys we got.

If oubre keeps this up, gotta get him on at least 2 yr deal

Were beating bad teams.

Very true, and this was one of the concerns people have had about us. That we'd be able to feast on the bad teams of the league (there are a lot of them), but when competition gets tighter we'd show our true colors. We get Phoenix on Saturday. How that game goes should give us an idea of how good we really are.

True, but even still, our new additions likely won't be available to play until next week per Nurse so we still won't be able to determine how good we are until then. The real test is Wed. vs. Boston.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#262 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:02 am

https://x.com/paulhudrick/status/1720258833392467999?s=46

This is why Bev plays a lot. You can’t be a leader if you’re not getting meaningful PT.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,235

Post#263 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 3, 2023 3:04 am

I know we've beaten bad teams, I know this team is still not complete, and I know it's very early. I know all those things, but I also know that I haven't enjoyed watching the Sixers this much since that first good Process team, and seeing RoCo back kind of brings it full circle.

One thing I'd love to see is for Springer to get some of those Pat Bev minutes. Kid is a big defensive play waiting to happen, but he's pressing so hard because of the limited time he sees. Give him some quality minutes and let him settle in.

The KorkLord sighting was a lot of fun, been quite a while.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#264 » by Kova » Fri Nov 3, 2023 9:06 am

Do not underestimate Raptors. They're not at their best, but they are still a resilient and tough team to beat. They just blew out the Bucks (who I think are in trouble, Dame trade isn't working for them).

Great win tonight, great team win. Everyone starred in their role. It's a joy to watch. This is Nick Nurse's footprint. Great to see them play together, as a group. I think Nurse has also resurrected Tobias. He looks like a different person this season compared to last few years.
And Oubre looks like a 20m/y player. Where is the catch??

I think we're the 2nd team in the East based on what I'm seeing so far, but the Celtics still need to prove they're no 1. I'm not even afraid of these Bucks in the slightest.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#265 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:51 am

Kova wrote:And Oubre looks like a 20m/y player. Where is the catch??

His shooting is unsustainable, that's the catch. But for the minimum? still good to try, who knows with these guys and a change of scenary.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,049

Post#266 » by Stanford » Fri Nov 3, 2023 12:01 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:Idk what’s flowing more: champagne at the LA strip clubs or the excuses in the Raptors’ game thread.

Nothing will surpass the "Precious is a better prospect than Maxey" thread there

How about Maxey for Lowry trade being forced down our throats?

I feel like bumping that thread every week.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,672

Post#267 » by Jailblazers7 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 12:34 pm

Lmao I forgot about the Precious vs Maxey thread

I’m extremely impressed by Tobias & Oubre to start the season. They’ve fit perfectly into Nurse’s system & have played outstanding for the most part. In excited to see Cov & Batum get acclimated.

Hilarious that Kork has that game after the trade fallout. What a strange & ridiculous man.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#268 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:39 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:Idk what’s flowing more: champagne at the LA strip clubs or the excuses in the Raptors’ game thread.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I looked, what a heap of misery. Sixers are terrible (just beat you by 15 on a bad night), Sixers are overrated phonies (who tf if rating us highly this year?), Philly doesn't have enough shot creation (might have something to do with the NBA's biggest storyline of the offseason), it was all Siakam's fault cuz he's a phony (but we still need 5 1sts and a young star to trade him), it was all just because it was a b2b, well actually our roster is f'd, the coach was a mistake, maybe we should all go and kill ourselves, etc.

Latest excuses I've read:

- Biased refs
- Conspiracy by Adam Silver to give them a hard schedule

This fanbase is still living in June 2019 where they think they're actually relevant enough for Silver to scheme up a way to bury the league's only international team. Ah yes, brilliant!
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#269 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Nov 3, 2023 6:09 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Lmao I forgot about the Precious vs Maxey thread

I’m extremely impressed by Tobias & Oubre to start the season. They’ve fit perfectly into Nurse’s system & have played outstanding for the most part. In excited to see Cov & Batum get acclimated.

Hilarious that Kork has that game after the trade fallout. What a strange & ridiculous man.

I'm a bigger Korkmaz supporter than most on here. He needed a good game like this. I imagine he feels a lot better about things as of right now. Not sure how long Nurse will keep him in the rotation, but he's a nice fill-in player if needed.

I think it is a numbers thing with him. We have a lot of depth at the wing position this year. It's definitely not that he can't play in this league because he most certainly can. It's just that he was buried by Rivers. Nurse doesn't really know what he's got in him. The problem with him has always been his defense. Last night he defended well and I'm not even talking about the three steals. He rotated well, he stepped up into whoever he had to guard, but the main thing I noticed were his rotations along with him being in the right spot when necessary. Nobody can deny his offensive abilities, and with us lacking a second primary creator he's got an opportunity to take that role. I don't think he'll be anything more than a fill-in for us throughout the season, but he can shoot and he can handle, and he can score. If his defense is at least adequate, then he should see the floor.
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#270 » by hookshot199 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 10:31 pm

HotelVitale wrote:

I don't know what's wrong with me but I looked, what a heap of misery. Sixers are terrible (just beat you by 15 on a bad night), Sixers are overrated phonies (who tf if rating us highly this year?), Philly doesn't have enough shot creation (might have something to do with the NBA's biggest storyline of the offseason), it was all Siakam's fault cuz he's a phony (but we still need 5 1sts and a young star to trade him), it was all just because it was a b2b, well actually our roster is f'd, the coach was a mistake, maybe we should all go and kill ourselves, etc.

The Sixers aren't terrible. They're not as good as the Celtics, perhaps also the Bucks, but they're as good as the next tier. If Porzingis stays healthy we're in trouble. But it's a long season for an injury-prone player. We're now in a position to make a trade three months from now. "Terrible" is an exaggeration.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#271 » by Mik317 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:54 am

its a long season.

no one had the Heat and Nuggets as the finals matchup this time last year
#NeverGonnaBeGood
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,843

Post#272 » by phillynative » Sat Nov 4, 2023 5:42 am

hookshot199 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

The Sixers aren't terrible. They're not as good as the Celtics, perhaps also the Bucks, but they're as good as the next tier. If Porzingis stays healthy we're in trouble. But it's a long season for an injury-prone player. We're now in a position to make a trade three months from now. "Terrible" is an exaggeration.

He's talking about what miserable raptors fans were saying lol
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#273 » by hookshot199 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:25 am

phillynative wrote:
hookshot199 wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:

He's talking about what miserable raptors fans were saying lol

My bad. I confused sarcasm with trolling.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#274 » by eyeatoma » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:30 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Kova wrote:And Oubre looks like a 20m/y player. Where is the catch??

His shooting is unsustainable, that's the catch. But for the minimum? still good to try, who knows with these guys and a change of scenary.

Why are you still here, have you noticed that no one responds to you, apart from me, to tell you to leave?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers