ImageImageImage

Reassessment time: Your confidence in Morey right now?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

What is your confidence in Morey this summer?

I'm very confident in Morey. I still think he's good. I expect him to have a good offseason
21%
I'm still hanging in there somewhat confident in Morey, but he needs to have a big offseason
13%
I'm in wait and see mode. I'm not for or against him right now. I'm in limbo with him
23%
I've lost confidence in Morey. I won't rule out a good summer, but I don't expect it
19%
I'm completely out on Morey. He's not as good as we thought, I have no faith in him
24%

Total votes: 105

Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,625

Re: Reassessment time: Your confidence in Morey right now? 

Post#141 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:11 pm

Embiid P wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:While I have never been a Morey simp, it is worth nothing how bizarre of personalities Simmons and Harden truly are and always have been. I think many across the league would instantly side with the players if instead of BS and JH it was high character guys who are universally respected. Why do we continually go after absolute weirdos? It's like groundhog's day with Bynum.

Kyrie to Philly confirmed.

But for real, this front office needs to stop drooling over talent and start emphasizing the importance of character a la the Eagles.

Jalen Carter would like a word with you, sir.
always a jump shot away.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#142 » by Embiid P » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:48 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:While I have never been a Morey simp, it is worth nothing how bizarre of personalities Simmons and Harden truly are and always have been. I think many across the league would instantly side with the players if instead of BS and JH it was high character guys who are universally respected. Why do we continually go after absolute weirdos? It's like groundhog's day with Bynum.

But for real, this front office needs to stop drooling over talent and start emphasizing the importance of character a la the Eagles.

As I said before, Carter was drafted into the perfect situation with his Bulldog teammates to look after him along with a no-nonsense coaching staff and locker room. Obviously it's still very early into his career but thus far, he's looking pretty good.

He made one mistake as a young and dumb kid. He still has time to mature as a result of it.

Simmons and Harden on the other hand have had a long track record of showing not-so-great character (Simmons going back to his days in high school and LSU and Harden from his days in Houston and Brooklyn).
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,625

Post#143 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:38 pm

Embiid P wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

As I said before, Carter was drafted into the perfect situation with his Bulldog teammates to look after him along with a no-nonsense coaching staff and locker room. Obviously it's still very early into his career but thus far, he's looking pretty good.

He made one mistake as a young and dumb kid. He still has time to mature as a result of it.

Simmons and Harden on the other hand have had a long track record of showing not-so-great character (Simmons going back to his days in high school and LSU and Harden from his days in Houston and Brooklyn).

Fair.
always a jump shot away.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,235

Post#144 » by mjkvol » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:26 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I'm actually fully on board with us trading him for DLO and Vanderbilt plus a first. DLO is entering his prime on a somewhat cap friendly contract. Maxey and DLO would work well on offense, could run a big lineup with Tobi at SF, Reed/Vanderbilt at PF and Embiid at C. The offense will return to less PnR but we’d actually have a PG unlike years past.

It would be annoying to give Harden what he wants (to be in LA) and would make them a serious contender, on paper. But the optics would look great for everyone involved even if we’re getting pennies on the dollar.

'On paper' being the operative words. And in the media, where they would slobber over a 'big three' of James, Harden, and Davis. In reality, that's a disaster just waiting to happen, a powderkeg that could blow at any moment. Between egos, injuries, and age, that's a nuclear meltdown that would be wonderful to see. Make it happen.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,235

Post#145 » by mjkvol » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:29 pm

Embiid P wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

Exactly. The examples couldn't be further removed. Carter is coming into a strong locker room with veteran leadership in addition to his UGa teammates, and I would bet that you'll hear nothing more with regard to issues with him. The Eagles got a major steal there.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers