ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic @ Raptors Game 3

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Who will be the MVP of the third game?

Dwight Howard
22%
Jameer Nelson
2%
Hedo Turk
17%
Rashard Lewis
8%
Somebody from the Raptors (lol)?
50%
Other
1%

Total votes: 108

ProfX
Starter
And1: 24

Post#41 » by ProfX » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Whats that quote?.."a series doesn't start untill someone loses on thier home floor"
out of difficulty comes opportunity.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,033

Post#42 » by drsd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:22 pm

The Magic dancers have their A-Game on!

Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#43 » by Potterman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:16 pm

I think Raps going small will help us too. JK has been a godsend to the Raps and I think going small against us will only make the game closer starting off. To me it's a personell problem that the Raps are having not a "linup" issue. Certain guys just aren't playing with the right attitude on that squad and its evident.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#44 » by surflawyer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:35 pm

drsd wrote:..

The Magic dancers have their A-Game on!

(picture)

:love: I cant agree more. Lacey was the best off season acquisition the MAGIC made.

EDIT: :ouch: Mrs. Surflawyer would like all of you to know that I retract that last statement and would also like to remind Mr. Surflawyer that she has his credit card right now.
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#45 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:44 pm

:rofl:
There's been a few big dancer acquisitions this season and the crowd loves it. :nod:
Wish we'd get some playoff pics of them.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 215

Post#46 » by Edrock » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:26 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote::rofl:
There's been a few big dancer acquisitions this season and the crowd loves it. :nod:
Wish we'd get some playoff pics of them.

Yah... last night's playoff outfits were NIIIIIIIIIICE!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,270

Post#47 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:28 pm

surflawyer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:love: I cant agree more. Lacey was the best off season acquisition the MAGIC made.

EDIT: :ouch: Mrs. Surflawyer would like all of you to know that I retract that last statement and would also like to remind Mr. Surflawyer that she has his credit card right now.

:o Now you scared me about getting married.....

:wink:
aka: prorl
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#48 » by Typhoon20 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Here's how it's going to unfold: we're up 2-0 and we have the type of players that when they are up by ''some'' they relax too much and let the other team fight back. Toronto will come out and play their A game, this is a must win game for them, and we're most likely fall behind early and try to get back in the game, and lose by 8. Then Stan will rip them apart and take game 4, so we finish it off in Amway.
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#49 » by orlandomike » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Ok, why were they throwing so many bricks? Winded from chasing down fast perimeter players? I hope not. I expect them to shoot better.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#50 » by orlandomike » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:51 pm

With their lineup assuming it will be the same in the 3rd game, I would think a Redick would be effective. He can run around with them and shoot the 3 as opposed to a bigger 6' 10" player.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#51 » by magicmamma » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 pm

theTHIEF wrote:yea i know, that's because he is a liability against tall, quick crafty guys like Bosh. But still, Foyle has provided us with more good than bad this year, and against a lot of teams he is able to hang in there for a solid amount of time.

IMO James Augustine should get time against Bosh/Bargs, he is feisty, strong and young...

I agree on both points. Foyle is very useful against big bangers. He'll take any beating, but he can't handle Bosh.

I'd also like to see Auggie out there. He's a smart, defensively-minded player. He knows how to play the game better than Gortat, even if Gortat has the higher ceiling.
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#52 » by JigenDaisuke » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:26 pm

for the love of god stay on Kapono
ilikebeer
Senior
And1: 18

Post#53 » by ilikebeer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:43 pm

I haven't seen enough of Auggie to warrant playing him against Bosh, one of the premiere offensive talents in the league.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,671

Post#54 » by tsherkin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 pm

Your shooting was just a swing from Game 1. Game 3 will probably have Nelson shooting a more mortal percentage while Hedo and Shard have better shooting nights. Shard pretty much torched the Raptors anytime he was around or beneath the foul line, it was just the outside shot with which he struggled. Hedo got by us pretty successfully, especially early when we decided that we needed more of Bargs on Hedo, which is why he had like 8 first-quarter points on layups, dunks and free throws.

Of most concern to Orlando should be how Bosh and Calderon perform; that's why this game was close. Not Kapono and not Delfino, but Bosh and Calderon.

Ford will likely suck again, but if he doesn't, that'll be problematic for you. Realistically though, if Bosh gets going, that REALLY helps the team. Shard needs to get back in his space, get up close on him, stay on his feet and let Howard come over and block the crap out of him if he gets past the first line. Otherwise, it'll be a nail-biter.

Presumably, because it's in our hometown and we're down 2-0, the Raptors will try not to collapse defensively in the first quarter for the third consecutive game. If we do, the game's done and it's 3-0.

The Raptors have now had one 30-point quarter in 8; we're averaging about 24 points a quarter. Orlando's averaging a bit over 27 points per quarter and has knocked out two quarters of 35 or better (43 and 35. You're winning by an average margin of 7.5 points overall, 3 points per quarter...

But it's worth noting that while Orlando has gone +20 and +17 in the first quarter of Games One and Two, Toronto has gone on to win the last three quarters by +6 and +16.

Given that Toronto's averaging +11 in the 2nd to 4th quarters, a first quarter assault from the Magic would seem critical to their success, since the Raptors seem to settle into their offense and the Magic seem to swing the pendulum away from incredible efficacy and execution after the first. If Orlando wins the first quarter by more than 10 points again, this is a 3-0 series, I think.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#55 » by theTHIEF » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:48 pm

if the Magic shoot the lights out in game 3, what will be the reasoning come game 4? and what will the expectations and probabilities be for that game as well?

when will these flukes end!
ilikebeer
Senior
And1: 18

Post#56 » by ilikebeer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm

tsherkin wrote:Your shooting was just a swing from Game 1. Game 3 will probably have Nelson shooting a more mortal percentage while Hedo and Shard have better shooting nights. Shard pretty much torched the Raptors anytime he was around or beneath the foul line, it was just the outside shot with which he struggled. Hedo got by us pretty successfully, especially early when we decided that we needed more of Bargs on Hedo, which is why he had like 8 first-quarter points on layups, dunks and free throws.

Of most concern to Orlando should be how Bosh and Calderon perform; that's why this game was close. Not Kapono and not Delfino, but Bosh and Calderon.

Ford will likely suck again, but if he doesn't, that'll be problematic for you. Realistically though, if Bosh gets going, that REALLY helps the team. Shard needs to get back in his space, get up close on him, stay on his feet and let Howard come over and block the crap out of him if he gets past the first line. Otherwise, it'll be a nail-biter.

Presumably, because it's in our hometown and we're down 2-0, the Raptors will try not to collapse defensively in the first quarter for the third consecutive game. If we do, the game's done and it's 3-0.

The Raptors have now had one 30-point quarter in 8; we're averaging about 24 points a quarter. Orlando's averaging a bit over 27 points per quarter and has knocked out two quarters of 35 or better (43 and 35. You're winning by an average margin of 7.5 points overall, 3 points per quarter...

But it's worth noting that while Orlando has gone +20 and +17 in the first quarter of Games One and Two, Toronto has gone on to win the last three quarters by +6 and +16.

Given that Toronto's averaging +11 in the 2nd to 4th quarters, a first quarter assault from the Magic would seem critical to their success, since the Raptors seem to settle into their offense and the Magic seem to swing the pendulum away from incredible efficacy and execution after the first. If Orlando wins the first quarter by more than 10 points again, this is a 3-0 series, I think.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but the only stat that really matters is 2-0 and 0-2. I guess I am trying to be a jerk.
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#57 » by Kosta » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:50 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:as someone else mentioned..we have a 95% chance at winning the series.

It's actually 92% if you go by the numbers of teams that have gone up 2-0 starting at home.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,076

Post#58 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 pm

ilikebeer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not trying to be a jerk but the only stat that really matters is 2-0 and 0-2. I guess I am trying to be a jerk.

brilliant deduction!
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#59 » by mattyBoi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Dude you guys are relying on this 1st quarter stat WAYYY to much

Truth is the Magic have been running up the score early on everybody all season long

We have blown big leads (about 20 points) many many times.

What happens is after we get up big, we relax and tend to play down to the comp.

So dont think that the 1st quarter's are essential to us winning...If we end up losing the 1st quarter...Our guys will play better and harder for the rest of the game...Trust me
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,270

Post#60 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:58 pm

ilikebeer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:clap: :clap: :clap:
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic