ImageImageImageImage

"Official" I hate Otis thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#81 » by craig01 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 pm

MagicalMan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well The Spurs, Suns, and Lakers are good teams and managed to make trades to make them even better. I dont see how "were winning" has any bearing on making this team better.

I was not endorsing the inaction of Smith at all. In fact, I think it's short sighted given the salary cap constraints down the road.

I agree, that this was an opportune time to add something of value.

I just don't have confidence in Smith's ability to do anything at this time.

But the viewpoint from the Magic brass will be "Hey, we are winning, so life is good".
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#82 » by mhectorgato » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:56 pm

craig01 wrote:In fact, I think it's short sighted given the salary cap constraints down the road.

I agree, that this was an opportune time to add something of value.

That's my issue.

I don't hate Otis, but I figured it would be good to coral the plethora of posts of that tenure that has/will be flooding the site.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
vinageras
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#83 » by vinageras » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm

I don't hate Otis, but if he traded for Dixon, I'm gonna... LOL
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#84 » by magicman123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm

otis has a goal to keep the young guys together, i think some people are mad that otis didnt bring in any of the young guys and he doest draft well..we had a chance to add pieces and otis felt like he didnt like anything..i guess there is the draft and fa :x
oakfanintheeast
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#85 » by oakfanintheeast » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 pm

he's really going to let 17 mil of expirings... expire?... and was afraid to trade benchwarmer jj redick?
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,334

Post#86 » by MagicMadness » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 pm

mattyBoi wrote:Pretty much every fan around the NBA knows how awful Otis is.

Then id say about 75% of Magic fans are beginning to realize how awful he is.

But you still have the real Homer fans or the plain delusional who are still drinking otis' Kool-Aid.

His "Plan" has turned into nothing.

We're on the brink of winning our first division title in over a decade. We're also in position to win 50 games for the first time since Shaq/Penny.

Please tell me what "something" would have been? :nonono:
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#87 » by mttingly2391 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:00 pm

That may be true, but anyone can see that this team is flawed. We are playing in a weak division right now and we are playing 500 ball since our hot start. You can't honestly tell me that the team is fine how it is. Its great to win 50 games and the division, but the goal has to be to win the NBA Championship.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#88 » by zuppafly » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:01 pm

TooNice00 wrote:his plan has turned into a 50 win season. people act like we are headed to the finals with someone like haslem or wilcox.

I didn't see anyone saying that.
When you have 13+ millions in expirings and at least two glaring holes in your roster you don't pass the chance on fixing at least one of those holes because you don't wanna part with JJ or a low 20's pick according to reports.

Now we've just lost over 13 millions in trade assets and still have the same glaring holes.

Yes, we're winning, we're 11 or 12 games over .500. Does that mean we're set for the future? No! We had assets to improve even more and become closer to be a top team. We just lost those assets. Now all he wave is the MLE, the draft in the low 20s and the vet minimum.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#89 » by magicman123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:03 pm

im mad that it has taken otis 3 years to add one piece...lewis...
mttingly2391
Sophomore

Post#90 » by mttingly2391 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Right on Zuppafly. I am just so frustrated with all the teams (now it looks like including the Cavs) are making moves to get better and win championships. We are not, and I am sick of peopl saying build for the future. With Dwight and Rashard locked up we are built for the future no matter what else happens. We need to start taking chances. Very frutstrating deadling for Magic fans.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,334

Post#91 » by MagicMadness » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:That may be true, but anyone can see that this team is flawed. We are playing in a weak division right now and we are playing 500 ball since our hot start. You can't honestly tell me that the team is fine how it is. Its great to win 50 games and the division, but the goal has to be to win the NBA Championship.

Of course the team is flawed. That wasn't my argument.

My argument with the post I quoted was that mattyBoi said that Otis' "plan" has done nothing for us.

The team is not fine the way it is...for a championship this year. But neither are 25 or so teams in the league. However, we're in a great position to make some noise now, and hopefully work out some things in the offseason. A trade didn't HAVE to be made right now if our front office didn't see a good one that would help us both now and in the future.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#92 » by theTHIEF » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm

every team is flawed...no matter how good they are...Otis, well...whatever...all I know is, we should have made a move this time...
D12Howard
Banned User

Post#93 » by D12Howard » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Juan Dixon has been traded...

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... n_unknown/

Hope its for Arroyo straight up

Damn... its for Primo Brezic...

F U Otis
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#94 » by mattyBoi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 pm

MagicMadness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We're on the brink of winning our first division title in over a decade. We're also in position to win 50 games for the first time since Shaq/Penny.

Please tell me what "something" would have been? :nonono:

The plan comment was directed to those that still believe that Otis has some grand masterplan and quite frankly to those who believe that Otis knows what hes doing...Period.

Darko, Ariza, Grant were supposed to be part of the big plan and we have nothing to show for them.

Dont tell me," well we got Evans and he is our starter now."....Trust me, that is not a good thing.

He put total faith in Jameer, gave him starter money, and he is a BUST.

Rashard is overpaid and underachieving.

We have no trade assets.

JJ SUCKS.

Fran...Just Fran

And we cant draft period.

Otis just doesnt know what hes doing!!!!!!!!!!!

Im done fuming though.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#95 » by MagicHolland » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 pm

D12Howard wrote:Juan Dixon has been traded...

F U Otis

Really, for Dixon? I wouldn't trade Arroyo for Dixon..
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#96 » by mhectorgato » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 pm

mattyBoi wrote:Im done fuming though.

Given your posting track record ... this is highly unlikely.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#97 » by MagicNolesFSU » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 pm

mttingly2391 wrote:That may be true, but anyone can see that this team is flawed. We are playing in a weak division right now and we are playing 500 ball since our hot start. You can't honestly tell me that the team is fine how it is. Its great to win 50 games and the division, but the goal has to be to win the NBA Championship.

Do you think its easy or something. Since when to teams go from 1st round weep one season to 50+ wins and a championsh with a roster and system and coach thats been here for 50 games? what dream world are you living in
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#98 » by EasternMagic » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:15 pm

thEthIEf wrote:my person said that those were 2 pieces that the Blazers would be looking to package...but did not say that these were offered to the Magic...i just guessed...

man that wouldve been sweet, by the way im on board with everything you said about otis and the people talking about ariza and darko still
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,282

Post#99 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:15 pm

D12Howard wrote:Juan Dixon has been traded...

F U Otis

You were hoping that we traded for Dixon??? Why?
aka: prorl
magicman123
RealGM

Post#100 » by magicman123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:18 pm

[quote="MagicNolesFSU"]-= original quote snipped =-

Do you think its easy or something. Since when to teams go from 1st round weep one season to 50+ wins and a championsh with a roster and system and coach thats been here for 50 games? what dream world are you living in[/quot

mostly the improvement of howard and turk who he didnt bring in...lewis is great, but we had a chance to add pieces given our cap situation

Return to Orlando Magic