ImageImageImageImage

Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,114

Re: Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread 

Post#481 » by KillMonger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Not many things to complain about on Game 3 but I really didn't like we did an all bench lineup in first half.

It didnt bite us but it shouldnt happen. We have to be the only teak doing this.

we are the only team doing an all bench lineup....every other team has at least one of their star players on the court at all times....what i don't get is that staggering isn't a hard decision and in fact it's probably what we should be doing because before last night with that lineup you never really knew where the offense was coming from.....cole couldn't be counted on, fultz is always a negative offensively, Ingles has been meh at best for a while now, JI has been good defensively but offensively he can be hit or miss and the same thing with moe...it wouldn't hurt to take either fultz out or ingles out and insert franz with that lineup so that cole isn't the only guy we can count on offensively....however since we blew them out it didn't hurt us and until it does again i don't think mose will make any changes to that....he'll ride and ultimately die with the "all bench" lineup
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,718

Post#482 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

KillMonger wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:Not many things to complain about on Game 3 but I really didn't like we did an all bench lineup in first half.

It didnt bite us but it shouldnt happen. We have to be the only teak doing this.

we are the only team doing an all bench lineup....every other team has at least one of their star players on the court at all times....what i don't get is that staggering isn't a hard decision and in fact it's probably what we should be doing because before last night with that lineup you never really knew where the offense was coming from.....cole couldn't be counted on, fultz is always a negative offensively, Ingles has been meh at best for a while now, JI has been good defensively but offensively he can be hit or miss and the same thing with moe...it wouldn't hurt to take either fultz out or ingles out and insert franz with that lineup so that cole isn't the only guy we can count on offensively....however since we blew them out it didn't hurt us and until it does again i don't think mose will make any changes to that....he'll ride and ultimately die with the "all bench" lineup

Our bench players, while “good” can’t (individually) play without complementary players…they’re all one-way guys

Ingles, Mo, Cole, Houstan can’t play without defenders to help

Isaac, AB defend but will drag offense to a halt

Fultz & Okeke just can’t play

Their sum has been amazingly better than their parts all year.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,488

Post#483 » by eyriq » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

Our bench players, while “good” can’t (individually) play without complementary players…they’re all one-way guys

AB has a higher ceiling than being a role player.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,718

Post#484 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

eyriq wrote:
Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:we are the only team doing an all bench lineup....every other team has at least one of their star players on the court at all times....what i don't get is that staggering isn't a hard decision and in fact it's probably what we should be doing because before last night with that lineup you never really knew where the offense was coming from.....cole couldn't be counted on, fultz is always a negative offensively, Ingles has been meh at best for a while now, JI has been good defensively but offensively he can be hit or miss and the same thing with moe...it wouldn't hurt to take either fultz out or ingles out and insert franz with that lineup so that cole isn't the only guy we can count on offensively....however since we blew them out it didn't hurt us and until it does again i don't think mose will make any changes to that....he'll ride and ultimately die with the "all bench" lineup

You think you’re preaching - I say you’re praying :D
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#485 » by eyriq » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 pm

Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Skybox wrote:

You think you’re preaching - I say you’re praying :D
More like educating lolz
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,114

Post#486 » by KillMonger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm

Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

Not all year I'd say most of the year, the bench hasn't been great the last few weeks of the season and I didn't like going into the playoffs without a tweak.... The thing is we used to stagger in paolo's rookie year, we did it because of injuries but it worked quite well.... Paolo would be the hub of the offense with the starters and then Franz would be with the bench guys that way the offense didn't really fall off that bad

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#487 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 pm

I honestly, for the life of me, did not expect this ****. Taking them back home and blowing them out by 61 points in two games.

Wow
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#488 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 pm

Point Differential in the play offs

Minnesota 3-0, +54
Orl 2-2, +37
OKC 2-0, +34

:lol:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,959

Post#489 » by SOUL » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,791

Post#490 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

Must give props to Mosley with his adjustments during the series
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#491 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:I honestly, for the life of me, did not expect this ****. Taking them back home and blowing them out by 61 points in two games.

Wow

Not going to lie was not expecting this either. I was expecting a Cleveland sweep or Magic winning 1 game. But they may legit have a chance of winning this series.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,550

Post#492 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 pm

Rainwater wrote:Most give props to Mosley with his adjustments during the series

Adjustments and sticking with his guys and giving them time to figure things out. I think our team has done really well responding and reacting to create better looks. We might be built for the post season more than we expected.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#493 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

Bensational wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Most give props to Mosley with his adjustments during the series

Adjustments and sticking with his guys and giving them time to figure things out. I think our team has done really well responding and reacting to create better looks. We might be built for the post season more than we expected.

I like when Moseley said that our team is a mentally strong group. I can see this and I believe they are on the way up because of it. We are not afraid of any team.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#494 » by eyriq » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=kLe7wlpAs8A8VdBzyeg9ow&s=19
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#495 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm

Bensational wrote:

Man, me and everyone else questioned the idea of playing the full bench but he stuck with his guys and it’s working.

Then there was the JI change in the starting unit, and there was the JI sub in to stop Levert in game two, having Franz playing more on ball when Paolo had many turnovers in this game.

I feel like Mosley gets blamed for things he can’t control like guys missing shots but he is a good coach.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,893

Post#496 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

Sooo... the Franz > Scottie debate came up just now and I wondered why lol
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,398

Post#497 » by tooler » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

RookieStar wrote:Sooo... the Franz > Scottie debate came up just now and I wondered why lol

I had almost forgotten about Scottie Barnes until someone decided to bring him up.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#498 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm

after the first two games i saw a lot of raptors fans talking about how their core of IQ-Scottie-Barrett is better than the Magic's core

:rofl2:
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 591

Post#499 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

Franz needs to stay consistent. He is phenomenal in this series with his 3s. And he seems assertive today. He needs to keep doing that. We need him in Game 5 and we need Paolo to get going also. If so, we will be hard to beat
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,858

Post#500 » by Message Boar » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=kLe7wlpAs8A8VdBzyeg9ow&s=19

:lol: hahahahaha I totally remember some (recent) conversation about Franz between those two.

Return to Orlando Magic