ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 69

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0 

Post#1241 » by CocoaFan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:08 pm

cedric76 wrote:
eyriq wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Sacramento is starting to worry that Orlando will sign Monk.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1xluF61MDfpcIGXWVOC7Jg?si=TuxBAKRNSfubWcsGJmhH5Q

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
He's a really obvious fit

I find it funny that someone who watchs every single Sacramento game (the locked on sac guy) is telling Philip that monk has been playing the point for them each time Fox is on the bench , that Monk is a great playmaker and would do wonder playing pick and rolls with Paolo (like he does with sabonis) and Philip ends up telling him that Orlando won't go after him because he thinks Orlando needs a true PG lol

Philip only listen to his own voice
The fact that the Sac guy is saying how much Sac fans will be relieved after hearing Phillip's take and how scared they are of losing Monk tells you a lot about him. I think Monk at 4 years/$90M will be a good deal for the Magic. Monk was always asked to be the microwave scorer off the bench on previous teams. He wants to start so he's improved his ball handling and play making dramatically in the last 2 years.
three3d
Junior
And1: 72

Post#1242 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:14 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Lebron went to LA to establish political position to be in GOAT conversation. Winning ring secured his legacy. He ain't leaving.

He will retire as Laker because he knows that, in long run, will secure his spot.

Fact that he is getting waxed by Jokic year after year now and people still don't acknowledge Jokic ( due Nuggets being average market team) and talk more about Lebron, tells you he did a right move going to LA.

What if he also helped win a ring for the Knicks? Would make him the King of LA and New York. Winning one for the Knicks could go down being bigger then winning one for the Lakers.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,175

Post#1243 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:15 pm

three3d wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Lebron went to LA to establish political position to be in GOAT conversation. Winning ring secured his legacy. He ain't leaving.

He will retire as Laker because he knows that, in long run, will secure his spot.

Fact that he is getting waxed by Jokic year after year now and people still don't acknowledge Jokic ( due Nuggets being average market team) and talk more about Lebron, tells you he did a right move going to LA.

No player has ever won 4 championships with 4 different teams. I believe right now him and three others have done it with 3 teams so he could be the first ever to do so .

so the ultimate mercenary. that would end up being his legacy
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,235

Post#1244 » by cedric76 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:18 pm

Don't want LBJ near this franchise, he is struggling to get a team with AD to move pass the first round and you want him here

Ledouche will stay ledouche
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,822

Post#1245 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:22 pm

Knightro wrote:
tiderulz wrote:dude was 9 ppg 9 rpb as a starter, how big an offer do you think he gets?

And 3.1 assists. And 1.3 steals. And 1.24 blocks. And he posted a .689 TS%.

He was also graded out as the 2nd best/2nd most impactful defensive player in the entire NBA behind... Jonathan Isaac.

If the Magic signed Hartenstein, they'd have...

#1 Defensive EPM - Isaac
#2 Defensive EPM - Hartenstein
#11 Defensive EPM - Suggs
#21 Defensive EPM - Franz

That's an identity if I've ever seen one.

I'm very interested in Hartenstein as it would free up the ability to trade Carter as necessary.

I like the vision...I offer WCJ up every day, but his versatility and his deal make him pretty attractive as one of the best 4/5 bench players in the league. Just something else to consider...if we were able to sign the guard AND the Center we need with all of the cap space...keeping WCJ was never anything I was against - I just don't want him as our starting C. We call Isaac a 4, for the most part, but he's everywhere defensively...so having "too many" 4/5's is kind of semantics. There could be a rotation of Hart/WCJ/Mo/Paolo/Isaac that's workable...Paolo and Isaac play down to 3 in some monster lineups. Honestly, Franz might be our PG of the future...for 15 mpg. We still need that scorer of a lead guard (Monk?), but a guard rotation of Suggs & Monk, with minutes from Franz, AB, Jett as well could be where we're ultimately headed.

I know they've played the Franz/Suggs/Paolo/Isaac/WCJ or another C at times...was it effective? seems like it could be. With scoring punch of Franz & Suggs (and/or Monk with either) in the backcourt, you can really afford a defensive minded brute like Hartenstein at C - setting picks, creating possessions with rebs on both ends, etc.
three3d
Junior

Post#1246 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:27 pm

cedric76 wrote:Don't want LBJ near this franchise, he is struggling to get a team with AD to move pass the first round and you want him here

The path in the Western Conference is a lot harder than the Eastern Conference you have to acknowledge that. And he did shoot 41% on 3 pointers this year along with 25 ppg, 7 rebounds per game, and 8 assists per game. Thats not washed up player numbers at all. I’m not a LBJ fan nor have I ever liked him but that’s because of how great of a player he is and him being in our way. I’m a Magic fan and if it took us having him to win a championship I’d be for it.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,399

Post#1247 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 pm

tiderulz wrote:
three3d wrote:

No player has ever won 4 championships with 4 different teams. I believe right now him and three others have done it with 3 teams so he could be the first ever to do so .

so the ultimate mercenary. that would end up being his legacy

Yea, i don't think how that would help his case anywhere but in NY.

Most superstars of past didn't play for bunch of teams either. Imo he would look like ultimate ring chaser and nothing else.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,822

Post#1248 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 pm

three3d wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Don't want LBJ near this franchise, he is struggling to get a team with AD to move pass the first round and you want him here

The path in the Western Conference is a lot harder than the Eastern Conference you have to acknowledge that. And he did shoot 41% on 3 pointers this year along with 25 ppg, 7 rebounds per game, and 8 assists per game. Thats not washed up player numbers at all. I’m not a LBJ fan nor have I ever liked him but that’s because of how great of a player he is and him being in our way. I’m a Magic fan and if it took us having him to win a championship I’d be for it.

Like him or don't like (or call him ridiculous names) ...he's a Top 5 player today and has been for most of 20 years. He does EVERYTHING to win. He may still have a few years of this level of performance. I don't even think about him in ORL, but he could come in and play ANY position (including PG) and avg. 20/8/10 with this squad. He could end his career throwing 8 perfect lobs a game and shooting 40+% from 3 as our PG - if that's what he decided to do.

A lot of people don't like him but he's top 5, maybe top 2 all-time. I'm still in MJ camp but, admittedly, LBJ does SO much beyond scoring and defense.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 710

Post#1249 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 pm

Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:

Like him or don't like (or call him ridiculous names) ...he's a Top 5 player today and has been for most of 20 years. He does EVERYTHING to win. He may still have a few years of this level of performance. I don't even think about him in ORL, but he could come in and play ANY position (including PG) and avg. 20/8/10 with this squad. He could end his career throwing 8 perfect lobs a game and shooting 40+% from 3 as our PG - if that's what he decided to do.

A lot of people don't like him but he's top 5, maybe top 2 all-time. I'm still in MJ camp but, admittedly, LBJ does SO much beyond scoring and defense.

I've grown beyond my hate bias. He has earned his spot in the hall of fame.

I don't see a single reason why he comes here. My biggest concern regarding him is when is he going to play for his last paycheck and emotionally / physically degrade to where he becomes the next Dominique Wilkins for us.

It is certainly possible to hail mary an offer to him and see what he does. Beyond that I don't have any thoughts regarding him one way or another. I don't think we are even on his radar.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,399

Post#1250 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 pm

Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:

Is he top 5 today tho?

I have Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Embiid, SGA, Tatum and Davis over him. Granted, guy is near 40 and fact he is top 10 is crazy impressive. But his stats are better than his actual performances. Young Lebron would not allow 6'3 PG to dunk on him in 4th quater or Nuggets to target him in pick&roll like he is some role player and liability.

OT

I rewatched 4th quater Nuggets points scored in past 8 min, and man, amount of mistakes Lebron made on defense, for player of his caliber pretty much point out what i said about it.

He guards Gordon because it's least mobile he needs to be, despite that he provided literally no help defense, had some horrific no reactions when he needed box out and just refused to switch onto anybody.

In last two min first Jokic just grabs rebound with him giving zero effort to box out, than Gordon gets offensive rebound when once again Lebron is just standing, kicks out for Murray 3 and basically dagger.

HIs performances nowdays to me remind me more of prime Harden than prime Lebron. Play offense, fill stat sheet, play no defense in regular season, take easiest possible assigment in playoffs.

If you are coach, you want Lebron on MP jr ( guy averaged 23 ppg on 55-49 split) but Lebron simply can't or won't ( or both) guard him, instad he is guarding guy who won't shoot if he can't dunk it.

Lebron isn't even best Lakers player today. Take Davis out of that team and replace him with average player and they are 30 wins team on West.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
three3d
Junior

Post#1251 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 pm

Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:

I’m 100% with you on all of what you said, I’m a huge Michael Jordan fan and LeBron isn’t the goat in my book it’s easily Jordan. Perhaps this is off topic and best for another threat BUT LeBron winning one for the Knicks could definitely legitimize the debate of Jordan or LeBron. I don’t even know if LeBron was able to win one more for the Lakers if he’d even overtake Kobe as one of the greatest Laker’s of all time, but winning one for the Knicks thrust’s him right there next to Michael in a legacy debate.
three3d
Junior

Post#1252 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:The path in the Western Conference is a lot harder than the Eastern Conference you have to acknowledge that. And he did shoot 41% on 3 pointers this year along with 25 ppg, 7 rebounds per game, and 8 assists per game. Thats not washed up player numbers at all. I’m not a LBJ fan nor have I ever liked him but that’s because of how great of a player he is and him being in our way. I’m a Magic fan and if it took us having him to win a championship I’d be for it.

Is he top 5 today tho?

I have Jokic, Giannis, Luka, Embiid, SGA, Tatum and Davis over him. Granted, guy is near 40 and fact he is top 10 is crazy impressive. But his stats are better than his actual performances. Young Lebron would not allow 6'3 PG to dunk on him in 4th quater or Nuggets to target him in pick&roll like he is some role player and liability.

39-40 year old LeBron’s season stats would still make him the best player on our team this season and possibly next.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1253 » by cedric76 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:02 pm

Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:

Top 5????????? R u serious?
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
three3d
Junior

Post#1254 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:16 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:The path in the Western Conference is a lot harder than the Eastern Conference you have to acknowledge that. And he did shoot 41% on 3 pointers this year along with 25 ppg, 7 rebounds per game, and 8 assists per game. Thats not washed up player numbers at all. I’m not a LBJ fan nor have I ever liked him but that’s because of how great of a player he is and him being in our way. I’m a Magic fan and if it took us having him to win a championship I’d be for it.

Come on man, if you’ve watched basketball for the last 35 years LeBron is definitely a top 5 players. I’ve personally only watched sense the 90’s during the Jordan area so anyone before Michael Jordan I can’t rank because i personally haven’t seen play. LBJ is 100% a top 5 player during that time alone and very possibly top 5 ever.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,175

Post#1255 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:18 pm

three3d wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Come on man, if you’ve watched basketball for the last 35 years LeBron is definitely a top 5 players. I’ve personally only watched sense the 90’s during the Jordan area so anyone before Michael Jordan I can’t rank because i personally haven’t seen play. LBJ is 100% a top 5 player during that time alone and very possibly top 5 ever.

the statement was top-5 today. not all time
Redwood
Freshman
And1: 76

Post#1256 » by Redwood » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:30 pm

Jokic isn't given his due for a very specific reason, and the team he plays for isn't that reason.

Here's a hint. It's the same reason Caitlin Clark's accomplishments continue to be belittled by many former WNBA players and media types.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,136

Post#1257 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:36 pm

Redwood wrote:

Jokic isn't given his due for a very specific reason, and the team he plays for isn't that reason.

Here's a hint. It's the same reason Caitlin Clark's accomplishments continue to be belittled by many former WNBA players and media types.

it doesnt seem to affect Luka... or Dirk, or Bird, or many other great players before him
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,197

Post#1258 » by zaymon » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:37 pm

I heard some podcast today and they proposed Suggs, Isaac, WCJ for Booker trade (propably with some picks). Its kind of interesting thought exercise. Most would propably say its too for us but i am not sure it would actually make us win more. We would have to believe a lot in Black, propably resign Goga or sign Hartenstein/Claxton.

Black/Booker/Wagner/Banchero/Bitadze. kind of premium version of our 9 winning streak team.

What worries me is that Suggs is our heart and biggest competitor. I would propably prefer to team up Young with Suggs than Black with Booker but both options have advantages. What you guys would prefer ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1259 » by cedric76 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:41 pm

three3d wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

He said top 5 today
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,845

Post#1260 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 pm

LeBron James is unquestionably either the best or second best player in the history of basketball.

Right now at age 39... he's probably still in the top 10-12.

Return to Orlando Magic