ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 5.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 5.0 

Post#321 » by The-Stallion70 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:00 pm

Skybox wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
RichCollab wrote:
OMG no! Someone asked for more ideas from Skybox? He has like 5 a day. LOL

Perhaps I came on strong but you have a point, the last thing we need is more Skybox ideas.

Less from me would benefit everybody...me most of all. It's not like I don't have more important things I should be working on :lol:

My brain is overflowing with ORL Magic trade ideas, 1970's Miami Dolphins players, every part on every BMX bike or skateboard I ever owned, and MAD magazine "sarcasm programming" I received starting around age 6, etc...Imagine if I could apply that to something like personal finance :banghead:

But if you guys aren't getting enough...buckle in.

I figure you all worry about my well-being when my name isn't on 4 or more of the "most recents" when you log in :crazy:

Heh I want to see a post explaining why we get Russell Westbrook ASAP!!
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,237

Post#322 » by cedric76 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:02 pm

Next year guards rotation

Suggs, monk, AB, Jett, Cole

This is pretty balanced, add Devin Carter and we r set
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#323 » by Skybox » Sun May 12, 2024 7:02 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Getting rid of Gary and Fultz lends minutes to AB.

Getting a vet SG/PG gives Orlando enough rotation minutes for AB, Cole, Suggs, and whoever this happens to be with Jett getting spot minutes at SG.

They are just replacing Gary’s minutes with whoever the offseason acquisition becomes and AB’s minutes with Fultz. Jett is going to get Caleb minutes next season. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s more than what he had last season.

I'm also warming to the idea of rolling with our frontcourt as is - maybe draft a prospect and sign 2 guards in FA...one to start next to Suggs and one to play big mins off the bench. That could be Monk & Tyus, possibly. This is really only a possibility if we move Cole out, likely for a future pick(s) or a similar value frontcourt reserve (Trey Lyle, Kyle Anderson...) If we clear out a lot of bodies, there will be time for AB & Jett to take the next step, especially because either could take some minutes at the 3 with certain matchups. Ingles played like a PG, Fultz got mins, Harris got a lot of minutes, Okeke out, Goga likely out (if he comes back on another cheap deal-we just draft BPA). I could also easily foresee JettBlack taking Houstan out of the rotation (or sent out with Cole?) if they show promise.

WCJ, Mo, Ware(?)
Paolo, Isaac
Franz, Houstan, JettBlack
Suggs, Monk, Jett
Monk, Tyus, Black

I hope there's fireworks, but this is relatively painless, assuming Tyus accepts the role - even without starting, I could see him getting 20+ mpg. I suppose it would be really easy to just add Monk and keep a less-expensive, younger, cheaper, more explosive but way less efficient Cole in the role I described for Tyus...we'd have significant cap to sign a vet frontcourt player...again, I always think of Kyle Anderson, who's smart and crafty like Ingles, but in a bigger, more physical body, that can move 3-4 and even small ball 5.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,201

Post#324 » by zaymon » Sun May 12, 2024 7:55 pm

I wonder if Hawks getting the number 1 picks makes Young trade more or less propable ? Is it TMac, Dwight case ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#325 » by Ducklett » Sun May 12, 2024 8:06 pm

zaymon wrote:I wonder if Hawks getting the number 1 picks makes Young trade more or less propable ? Is it TMac, Dwight case ?

Isn't the guy going number 1 a big? Who better to ruin your career than Ice Trae! He will ball hog so you will learn how to play off ball and he doesn't play defense so you will learn how to switch and play in 1v2 situations!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,966

Post#326 » by thelead » Sun May 12, 2024 8:07 pm

zaymon wrote:I wonder if Hawks getting the number 1 picks makes Young trade more or less propable ? Is it TMac, Dwight case ?

I think it definitely makes it easier for them to move Trae or Murray.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,114

Post#327 » by Magic#1 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 pm

If Hawks keep the pick and take Sarr, I would think Capela or at least Onyeka could be available. Either would be very helpful for us.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#328 » by T-Cat » Sun May 12, 2024 8:27 pm

I'm really excited for the Wizards, they haven't been really relevant since the Gilbert Arenas days!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,585

Post#329 » by eyriq » Sun May 12, 2024 8:27 pm

T-Cat wrote:I'm really excited for the Wizards, they haven't been really relevant since the Gilbert Arenas days!
What is there to be excited about? They don't have any really good young talent and this draft sucks
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,237

Post#330 » by cedric76 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:45 pm

eyriq wrote:
T-Cat wrote:I'm really excited for the Wizards, they haven't been really relevant since the Gilbert Arenas days!
What is there to be excited about? They don't have any really good young talent and this draft sucks

Bilal says HI
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,585

Post#331 » by eyriq » Sun May 12, 2024 8:52 pm

cedric76 wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Bilal says HI
8/4/2 on 44/35/70
PER 8.9
BPM -4.2
On-Off -4.4

Doesn't excite me as a foundational piece.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,663

Post#332 » by Skin » Sun May 12, 2024 9:03 pm

cedric76 wrote:Next year guards rotation

Set for a championship?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,933

Post#333 » by RookieStar » Sun May 12, 2024 9:13 pm

cedric76 wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Bilal says HI

Before that it was Kispert/Avidja/etc

Plus they do have the Magic haterKuzma
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,114

Post#334 » by Magic#1 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:11 pm

thelead wrote:

Very, very different situations. We had the worst record in the league. The Hawks just missed the playoffs. Also, we were choosing Dwight over the perceived immediate impact player in Okafor. T-Mac wanted Okafor for a quick turnaround, but, to our credit, we saw the player Dwight could be. There is no Okafor in this year's draft class that Trae will be clamoring for. If anything, getting another foundational piece might make Trae want to stay more. Potentially, this is the shot in the arm Atlanta needed to become relevant again.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#335 » by SOUL » Sun May 12, 2024 10:13 pm

eyriq wrote:I was reflecting on Mosley's and Weltman's interviews and the common themes:

- Focus on internal improvement
- Emphasis on team cohesion and culture
- Strategic planning and improvement, with a focus on long-term impact
- Learning from experience
- Future outlook and expectations rooted in building on the current foundation

This 100% sounds like a posture that rearranges deck's chairs and avoids identity changing moves.

There were specific buzzwords they used separate from anything they've used before, even saw Mose smiling talking about Monk.

For a team that has never leaked anything, they are not going to be like, "Yeah, expect a summer full of roster moves and upgrades". You kill any leverage you have with pointing out specific areas of need, even if the whole world knows.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,966

Post#336 » by thelead » Sun May 12, 2024 10:21 pm

Magic#1 wrote:
thelead wrote:

Very, very different situations. We had the worst record in the league. The Hawks just missed the playoffs. Also, we were choosing Dwight over the perceived immediate impact player in Okafor. T-Mac wanted Okafor for a quick turnaround, but, to our credit, we saw the player Dwight could be. There is no Okafor in this year's draft class that Trae will be clamoring for. If anything, getting another foundational piece might make Trae want to stay more. Potentially, this is the shot in the arm Atlanta needed to become relevant again.

Well yeah. I wasn’t suggesting that they would trade Trae AND Murray to start a new rebuild. My point was that they now have more options to improve their roster and it’s easier to move off of Murray OR Trae (whoever they prefer to move).
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,933

Post#337 » by RookieStar » Sun May 12, 2024 10:26 pm

Magic#1 wrote:If Hawks keep the pick and take Sarr, I would think Capela or at least Onyeka could be available. Either would be very helpful for us.

Ehhh... depends on what the ATL scouts/FO sees. They coul pick that dude who was compared to Franz so they could plug him in at the 3 spot to have 3 6'9 above players intheir frontcourt ala Magic.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#338 » by Skybox » Sun May 12, 2024 10:34 pm

Skin wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Next year guards rotation

Set for a championship?

G League Champs...building a dynasty
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#339 » by KillMonger » Sun May 12, 2024 10:41 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Getting rid of Gary and Fultz lends minutes to AB.

Getting a vet SG/PG gives Orlando enough rotation minutes for AB, Cole, Suggs, and whoever this happens to be with Jett getting spot minutes at SG.

They are just replacing Gary’s minutes with whoever the offseason acquisition becomes and AB’s minutes with Fultz. Jett is going to get Caleb minutes next season. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s more than what he had last season.
Don't forget about the Joe Ingles minutes jett or AB can get those

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,149

Post#340 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun May 12, 2024 10:48 pm

Have to imagine Washington takes Topic at 2.

Spurs foaming at the mouth for Dillingham at 4.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic