ImageImageImageImage

Yahoo: John Hammond a candidate for the Pistons President of Basketball Operations

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,916

Re: Yahoo: John Hammond a candidate for the Pistons President of Basketball Operations 

Post#41 » by Skybox » Tue May 21, 2024 11:28 am

pepe1991 wrote:Wasn't that case with Phil Jackson and Lakers when he was "moved to advisory role" just to find out years later he was nothing but fired and everything else was them doing nice PR ?

Who else is moved to senior advisor ? Kupcheck on Hornets, who was also- defacto-fired with new ownership taking over. They probably get some check for this "position" but they aren't doing anything.
I mean Doug Collins has been "doing this job" for Bulls for 5 years.

I wish someone would move me to “Senior Advisor” and I would collect paychecks for a year before I realized I was out :lol:

Honestly, from what I remember about end-of-career Phil…I’m pretty sure I work harder at this than he did. Creating mantras and handing out self-help books only looks genius when you’ve got MJ or Kobe…not to mention Tex Winter.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,426

Re: Yahoo: John Hammond a candidate for the Pistons President of Basketball Operations 

Post#42 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:43 am

Skybox wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Wasn't that case with Phil Jackson and Lakers when he was "moved to advisory role" just to find out years later he was nothing but fired and everything else was them doing nice PR ?

Who else is moved to senior advisor ? Kupcheck on Hornets, who was also- defacto-fired with new ownership taking over. They probably get some check for this "position" but they aren't doing anything.
I mean Doug Collins has been "doing this job" for Bulls for 5 years.

I wish someone would move me to “Senior Advisor” and I would collect paychecks for a year before I realized I was out :lol:

Honestly, from what I remember about end-of-career Phil…I’m pretty sure I work harder at this than he did. Creating mantras and handing out self-help books only looks genius when you’ve got MJ or Kobe…not to mention Tex Winter.

According to internet, 86 years old David West is still hired by nba team as advisor ( Clippers ) :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic