ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 5.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OnlyFranz22
Junior
And1: 121

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 5.0 

Post#741 » by OnlyFranz22 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:40 am

Skybox wrote:
OnlyFranz22 wrote:Crazy TJ McConell would’ve been our best PG this season

Tallest midget

And been effective against one of the best defensive teams all series long.

Even a double double with assists and points game.

Much more effective than Fultz/Harris/Anthony/Ingles
OnlyFranz22
Junior
And1: 121

Post#742 » by OnlyFranz22 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:42 am

Knightro wrote:I'll say again... I wouldn't read too much into Paolo's remarks and try and make sweeping proclamations about what the Magic plan to do based off of them.

Other than the point guard remark...

What did Paolo say?
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#743 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sat May 18, 2024 5:35 am

I actually really believe we should target Jarret Allen in a trade. Think Jarret is more of a protypical center, and does things we want our center to do. Like protect the paint and be in dunker spot.

Would Wendell, Cole and this years first be enough?? Cavs want to get away from the twin towers I think and Wendell can either start at PF or backup Mobley. They dont really have a backup PG, I think Cole would benefit from more spacing and maybe watching Donovan and Garland can elevate his game.

If we are able to do that, than I am 100% signing Monk. We would still need a Pg. But that team would be tremendously better.
Trade for Jarret Allen
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,259

Post#744 » by cedric76 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:05 am

I m rewatching the Orlando - Sacramento game in Sacramento, what a game it was. Monk showed how good he would be here.
His D was ok too.

I think he ll be perfect as a Starter her the first 2 season and could be moved to the bench as soon as AB and Jett r ready to start
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,614

Post#745 » by eyriq » Sat May 18, 2024 12:02 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I actually really believe we should target Jarret Allen in a trade. Think Jarret is more of a protypical center, and does things we want our center to do. Like protect the paint and be in dunker spot.

Would Wendell, Cole and this years first be enough?? Cavs want to get away from the twin towers I think and Wendell can either start at PF or backup Mobley. They dont really have a backup PG, I think Cole would benefit from more spacing and maybe watching Donovan and Garland can elevate his game.

If we are able to do that, than I am 100% signing Monk. We would still need a Pg. But that team would be tremendously better.
Man, getting Allen would be amazing.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 857

Post#746 » by axl_c_cool » Sat May 18, 2024 12:29 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I actually really believe we should target Jarret Allen in a trade. Think Jarret is more of a protypical center, and does things we want our center to do. Like protect the paint and be in dunker spot.

Agree, I’d try and offer this years first and keep Anthony for some scoring off the bench. A summer with Allen and Monk would be elite

Monk/Black
Suggs/Anthony/Howard
F.Wagner/Ingles
Banchero/M.Wagner
Allen/Isaac

That’s a really good team for next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 857

Post#747 » by axl_c_cool » Sat May 18, 2024 12:30 pm

Random question guys, what would each of our current FA want and likely get? I have no idea, but I’d really like to keep Fultz, Harris, and Ingles as 2nd or 3rd string players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,909

Post#748 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 12:32 pm

Allen would be pretty ideal in our frontcourt IF we added backcourt shooting to compensate. I'm kind of liking some of the guys around #18 and it's considered a weak draft - maybe we sub in next year's frp (since we have DEN's anyway).

Allen, Monk, Devin Carter (#18) and an upside swing with the srp would be an amazing summer. :nod:

Still prefer Murray overall, but don't know that we have the pieces...maybe not for Allen either.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#749 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 12:36 pm

Tankathon has ATL taking that French SF first overall...they're also likely to re-up Bey. I've got to believe AJ Griffin could be had for not a lot. I'd love to reunite him with his college teammate, Paolo. He's a big 2/3, spot-up shooter that showed some creation ability when he got more run in his rookie season...not sure why he's basically slipped out of ATL's rotation. They DO have quite a few wings.

Ideally, he's an under-the-radar throw in to a Dejounte Murray deal, but he might be a "third deal" of the summer if we aggressively address our bigger priorities first.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#750 » by eyriq » Sat May 18, 2024 12:52 pm

Hot take: Hartenstein is mid. He's all motor and floater.

I'd rather have Claxton with his hands (lob city with our guys), rebounding, and rim protection.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,328

Post#751 » by MagicMatic » Sat May 18, 2024 2:20 pm

RichCollab wrote:
Knightro wrote:I'll say again... I wouldn't read too much into Paolo's remarks and try and make sweeping proclamations about what the Magic plan to do based off of them.

Other than the point guard remark...

Just because he mentioned PG it doesn’t means he wants a traditional PG.

He specifically said he doesn’t want to be the point guard.

And I would agree with him considering he turned the ball over a million times pretending to be one this season.

That’s the biggest takeaway from his comments.

The organization needs to keep Paolo happy with his role. If Mosely doesn’t feel like there is a better starting point guard other than Paolo filling in, then the FO needs to do their goddamn jobs.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#752 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 3:42 pm

ORL sends: Franz, Mo, AB, #18, Den 25
Why for ORL: draft Sarr as the next Mobley- defending immediately & catching lobs while developing offense. Murray also ups the defense, scoring, & leadership from the backcourt. Griffin plugs in as a good-sized 3&D 2/3 with established chemistry with Paolo.

ATL sends: Dejounte, #1, AJ Griffin
Why for ATL: Franz has star 2-way upside and could fit well with Trae, Capela, and Jalen Johnson as a balanced core. ATL would have to value AB as a high-lottery equivalent and very complementary backcourt partner with tiny but ultra-offensive Trae. The jump from #1 to #18 is a big one, but I’m suggesting that this is the flattest draft in years, that AB would be top 5 (and a great fit) and that Franz has significantly more value than Murray…plus an additional frp & Mo.

We’d still have a ton of cap space…and nearly all of our picks for the next (if any) move. Perhaps Tyus, on a reasonable deal, to be 3rd guard, depending on who else wants to bid for him. He was certainly available at the TD but stuck in WAS. Follow up would be Cole to MIN for SnT Kyle Anderson (to same salary as Cole).

WCJ, Sarr (#1), Isaac
Paolo, Anderson
Isaac, Griffin, Houstan
Suggs, Jett, Srp or Kevon (I’m still fantasizing that Shannon gets cleared and we trade up)
Murray, Tyus, vet-Kris Dunn?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,259

Post#753 » by cedric76 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:18 pm

Skybox wrote:ORL sends: Franz, Mo, AB, #18, Den 25
Why for ORL: draft Sarr as the next Mobley- defending immediately & catching lobs while developing offense. Murray also ups the defense, scoring, & leadership from the backcourt. Griffin plugs in as a good-sized 3&D 2/3 with established chemistry with Paolo.

Why for ATL: Franz has star 2-way upside and could fit well with Trae, Capela, and Jalen Johnson as a balanced core. ATL would have to value AB as a high-lottery equivalent and very complementary backcourt partner with tiny but ultra-offensive Trae. The jump from #1 to #18 is a big one, but I’m suggesting that this is the flattest draft in years, that AB would be top 5 (and a great fit) and that Franz has significantly more value than Murray…plus an additional frp & Mo.

We’d still have a ton of cap space…and nearly all of our picks for the next (if any) move. Perhaps Tyus, on a reasonable deal, to be 3rd guard, depending on who else wants to bid for him. He was certainly available at the TD but stuck in WAS. Follow up would be Cole to MIN for SnT Kyle Anderson (to same salary as Cole).

WCJ, Sarr (#1), Isaac
Paolo, Anderson
Isaac, Griffin, Houstan
Suggs, Jett, Srp or Kevon (I’m still fantasizing that Shannon gets cleared and we trade up)

:D :D please stop
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#754 » by eyriq » Sat May 18, 2024 5:06 pm

Hopes for this off-season:

1. Add experience
2. Improve availability
3. Clear a path for AB and Jett
4. Clear out re-tool era players

Steps:
Walk Harris, Fultz, and Okeke
Trade Cole, WCJ, and Isaac

Bring back Goga, Moritz, and Ingles
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#755 » by orlando_joe » Sat May 18, 2024 5:24 pm

eyriq wrote:Hopes for this off-season:

1. Add experience
2. Improve availability
3. Clear a path for AB and Jett
4. Clear out re-tool era players

Steps:
Walk Harris, Fultz, and Okeke
Trade Cole, WCJ, and Isaac

Bring back Goga, Moritz, and Ingles

what get ride and trade on low cole.wcj and ji
but keep goga and ingles??????????

this seems backwards to me
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,674

Post#756 » by orlando_joe » Sat May 18, 2024 5:29 pm

cedric76 wrote:

WCJ, Sarr (#1), Isaac
Paolo, Anderson
Isaac, Griffin, Houstan

thank you
i have been biting my tongue
Skybox
RealGM

Post#757 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 5:54 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

WCJ, Sarr (#1), Isaac
Paolo, Anderson
Isaac, Griffin, Houstan

thank you
i have been biting my tongue

Feel free to bite something else. :evil:

This place would get pretty slow if everybody just said "No" to each other all day. Lazy path for what is just a goofy way to spend time.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,980

Post#758 » by thelead » Sat May 18, 2024 6:06 pm

Trading Franz without getting a proven, perennial, under-30 year old player in return would be a colossal error.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#759 » by Skybox » Sat May 18, 2024 6:21 pm

thelead wrote:Trading Franz without getting a proven, perennial, under-30 year old player in return would be a colossal error.

I'm not going to become the "Franz hater guy", but last time I checked, Dejounte is 27 (that's less than 30), stands 6'5 and has a 6'10 wingspan, was a recent All-Star (at a stacked position), led the league in steals the same year, and has averaged 21.4 ppg, 7.2 apg, 1.65 steals, and 6.3 rpg over the last 3 seasons. That sounds pretty "proven" to me.

and...the #1 pick looks to be a defensive monster right out of the gate, with offensive potential coming later. The proposed trade wouldn't cost us any significant bigs either (sorry Mo), so we'd be stacked up front while he develops.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,328

Post#760 » by MagicMatic » Sat May 18, 2024 6:29 pm

I don't think there is a huge list of guys that Franz can be exchanged for that are ACTUALLY on the table.

It's also the kind of risk that Weltman would never take. Forget whether or not the trade makes sense value-wise. THIS FO would never in a million years make that kind of deal.

I don't even think they would move AB or Jett at this moment despite the ridiculous amount or trades I see here including them.

Dejounte Murray at 27 is not worth Franz Wagner at 22. There are less guys in the league that can do what Franz does at 22 and significantly more that can do what Murray does at his position.

Return to Orlando Magic