ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

will
RealGM
And1: 49,973
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM) 

Post#401 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 8:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I think that we'll see some Burks tonight.

Also, I think we switch out OG for I-Hart to guard Siakam, who was able to shoot over OG in the paint in Game 1, and put OG on Turner.

Without Mitchell, it is even more crucial to have ADOBE defending in the post. Either on Turner or Pascal.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,871

Post#402 » by Guano » Wed May 8, 2024 8:21 pm

if Reggie wants to watch his old team lose in person who are we to deny him that opportunity.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 19,058

Post#403 » by Monk1718 » Wed May 8, 2024 8:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I think that we'll see some Burks tonight.

Also, I think we switch out OG for I-Hart to guard Siakam, who was able to shoot over OG in the paint in Game 1, and put OG on Turner.

I’ve done warehouse work before. Burks is that one guy you call in when you’re short staffed and he either sorts out the entire inventory in a few hours or he comes in stoned and passes out in between a pile of crates somewhere.
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 242

Post#404 » by LFGK » Wed May 8, 2024 8:28 pm

GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=caDnusqr2EAAVgQJA4qpuw&s=19

Just a reminder that Haliburton was never as good as Brunson

been saying for months, he is not that good, he is a 18PPG 8-10APG guy(not bad at all don't get me wrong but not what he thinks he is((Brunson))

Knicks win by 15 tonight if they defend the switch better on that pick and go UNDER THE GOD DAMN SCREEN ON THAT MIDGET TJ.....frustrating man. We will be able to lock down defensively when needed though, same can't be said for reggie and crew, whoops, I mean..
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,261

Post#405 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed May 8, 2024 8:55 pm

LFGK wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=caDnusqr2EAAVgQJA4qpuw&s=19

Just a reminder that Haliburton was never as good as Brunson

been saying for months, he is not that good, he is a 18PPG 8-10APG guy(not bad at all don't get me wrong but not what he thinks he is((Brunson))

Knicks win by 15 tonight if they defend the switch better on that pick and go UNDER THE GOD DAMN SCREEN ON THAT MIDGET TJ.....frustrating man. We will be able to lock down defensively when needed though, same can't be said for reggie and crew, whoops, I mean..

This is what I’ve been trying to tell Nodope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,415

Post#406 » by nyknicks09 » Wed May 8, 2024 8:57 pm

I believe Precious is ready for the challenge. He can defend Turner and get rebounds on both side of the court.
New York Knicks
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,165

Post#407 » by Bob Ross » Wed May 8, 2024 8:59 pm

Let's win this one for Theoden King
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,957

Post#408 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:08 pm

Context wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Mitch did his job, he helped us deal with Embiid, hopefully he can be back before the finals if we were to make it. I don't think we need him against Indy or Celtics where I think Precious matches up better anyways.

Agree with this. Mitch was the monster we needed vs Embiid. He would be needed vs the Cavs, maybe in the finals against Jokic/Gobert, but not really worrying about it now.

Pacers/Celtics Precious is the better matchup guy.

It just sucks that 2 rounds in, and we are down Bogdonovic and Mitch. Already down Randle. So that's 3 guys of a solid 9-man rotation out.

Minny will be in the finals...Joker just lost two at home and was embarrased in Denver...

Denver ain't dead yet. You never know. Obviously we have seen our players go down at a rate of one per 6 games with injury. Crazy things happen.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,777

Post#409 » by ScienceOfLosing » Wed May 8, 2024 9:16 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Deuce playoff stats:
10ppg, 46% fg, 42% from 3 in 22mpg

He struggled a little last game but overall has been playing very well. He will bounce back.

Even so, we may still need another body with Mitch out so may need to dust Burks off. But Thibs may still stick to the short rotation

Yeah Im not worried about Deuce. Thibs is just giving the bench a real short leash now. Plus Jalen, Donte and Josh have been great lately so it’s been hard to find too much time for Deuce. He should be getting at least 20 mpg though considering he’s our only backup for the 1-3 spots lol.

With that said, if Alec is healthy it’s a joke that he cant play 10-15 mpg. You’d think being benched for a month with a new contract looming would be a wakeup call, and that the staff has communicated to him what they need more. It must be impossible for Alec to just focus on being a 3/D guy first, and only if the play breaks down with the shot clock nearing zero should he start freelancing. That’s all he has to do and he cant do it I guess.

Say what you all want, but we could use Grimes (if his knee is okay) and Obi now. We bet on old players and G Leaguers to fill out our bench. Did Obi a solid by getting nothing back, and then Julius misses half the season and playoffs. Injuries happen. Julius was a fluke thing, but Mitch and Bojan dont surprise me. Alec is needed and he just forgot how to ball. Leon has been good overall but the Grimes and Obi trades were complete busts.

Ironic that we got almost nothing for Obi and could really use him right now. What a solid. Sometimes the right thing is stupid.
Bogs and Burcs is more about salary though. When Grimes is healthy that might hurt. But we have assets for a great trade.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,777

Post#410 » by ScienceOfLosing » Wed May 8, 2024 9:20 pm

GONYK wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Deuce playoff stats:
10ppg, 46% fg, 42% from 3 in 22mpg

He struggled a little last game but overall has been playing very well. He will bounce back.

Even so, we may still need another body with Mitch out so may need to dust Burks off. But Thibs may still stick to the short rotation

Yeah Im not worried about Deuce. Thibs is just giving the bench a real short leash now. Plus Jalen, Donte and Josh have been great lately so it’s been hard to find too much time for Deuce. He should be getting at least 20 mpg though considering he’s our only backup for the 1-3 spots lol.

With that said, if Alec is healthy it’s a joke that he cant play 10-15 mpg. You’d think being benched for a month with a new contract looming would be a wakeup call, and that the staff has communicated to him what they need more. It must be impossible for Alec to just focus on being a 3/D guy first, and only if the play breaks down with the shot clock nearing zero should he start freelancing. That’s all he has to do and he cant do it I guess.

Say what you all want, but we could use Grimes (if his knee is okay) and Obi now. We bet on old players and G Leaguers to fill out our bench. Did Obi a solid by getting nothing back, and then Julius misses half the season and playoffs. Injuries happen. Julius was a fluke thing, but Mitch and Bojan dont surprise me. Alec is needed and he just forgot how to ball. Leon has been good overall but the Grimes and Obi trades were complete busts.

There's quite a few reasons why this isn't true. Just off the top of my head:

1. Grimes isn't healthy so wouldn't be a factor
2. Bogey was a major contributor in the Philly series before going down. We don't have a 2-0 lead without him
3. Obi's role was replaced by Precious, who was better at it
4. The trade can't be judged until we see what we do with Bogey's contract, because that was the real reason we did it

Agreed except on Obi. He was THE backup. I like Precious but he gets spot minutes. We could have had both anyway.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#411 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 8, 2024 9:23 pm

spree8 wrote:Yanked this from Knicks Recap…

Hali gunna kiss Jalen’s Converse tonight

I think Hali is going to have a good game. We need something from someone else to be okay.

But Thibs’ pattern is once a guy is out, like Alec, it is a final final decision.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,427

Post#412 » by spree8 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:28 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
spree8 wrote:Yanked this from Knicks Recap…

Hali gunna kiss Jalen’s Converse tonight

I think Hali is going to have a good game. We need something from someone else to be okay.

But Thibs’ pattern is once a guy is out, like Alec, it is a final final decision.

Well I think..

:lol:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,060

Post#413 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:33 pm

Haliburton only attempted 6 FGA - 5 from 3 - last game.

Every IND starter was negative +/- and every bench player was positive. We had the opposite.

There were bad / missed calls for sure but that's not why IND lost. They collapsed with youthful mistakes. We'll see if Carlisle makes adjustments
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#414 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 8, 2024 9:34 pm

Here’s what I think — if it’s close again, we lose. Have done really well in close games but that’ll even out, even if we have a bit of an edge with JB we think.

Get a 7+ lead and can win. Be battling from behind all night and I see it as a likely L where our luck catches up to us.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,243

Post#415 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 8, 2024 9:43 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn! This goofy bastard is a jinx and our fanbase don't even know it. What happened the last time dude posted similar? (*flashback* "SUKK MY DICK NI66A! Melo - BULLY! CHandler - BULLY! Prigioni - stealin' ya fukkin cookies! See you at the FUKKIN FINALS!!!") An unsympathetic fanbase saying and posting out of pocket bait on the internet where is is easily retrievable for trolls to use at a later date. It's why we were so laughable for so long. Stop doing this PLEASE!!!!!

First Mitch out for the playoffs, now Reggie calling game 2.

Read on Twitter

Like I said... STOP WITH THIS KINDA S#!T, PLEASE! This kick to the head blogger and his half-cocked overreaction is bad karma. It has begun...
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
will
RealGM
And1: 49,973
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#416 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 9:46 pm

nyknicks09 wrote:I believe Precious is ready for the challenge. He can defend Turner and get rebounds on both side of the court.

We'll see about that.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,458

Post#417 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 8, 2024 10:00 pm

Well, I think that Josh Hart is going to play at least 48 minutes.
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,957

Post#418 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 8, 2024 10:05 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn! This goofy bastard is a jinx and our fanbase don't even know it. What happened the last time dude posted similar? (*flashback* "SUKK MY DICK NI66A! Melo - BULLY! CHandler - BULLY! Prigioni - stealin' ya fukkin cookies! See you at the FUKKIN FINALS!!!") An unsympathetic fanbase saying and posting out of pocket bait on the internet where is is easily retrievable for trolls to use at a later date. It's why we were so laughable for so long. Stop doing this PLEASE!!!!!

First Mitch out for the playoffs, now Reggie calling game 2.

Read on Twitter

Like I said... STOP WITH THIS KINDA S#!T, PLEASE! This kick to the head blogger and his half-cocked overreaction is bad karma. It has begun...

I had to wipe my face after watching this.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,698

Post#419 » by rajajackal » Wed May 8, 2024 10:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Thibs playing 7 guys isn't sustainable. He's gonna have to open up the bench and kick the tires on Burks.

he's coming
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,395

Post#420 » by GONYK » Wed May 8, 2024 10:14 pm

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
GONYK wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:

There's quite a few reasons why this isn't true. Just off the top of my head:

1. Grimes isn't healthy so wouldn't be a factor
2. Bogey was a major contributor in the Philly series before going down. We don't have a 2-0 lead without him
3. Obi's role was replaced by Precious, who was better at it
4. The trade can't be judged until we see what we do with Bogey's contract, because that was the real reason we did it

Agreed except on Obi. He was THE backup. I like Precious but he gets spot minutes. We could have had both anyway.
They both get spot minutes on this team with a healthy Randle, which was the context of the trade. Precious is much more of a fit for this team defensively and probably can be retained cheaper.

Return to New York Knicks