ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

will
RealGM
And1: 49,973
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going 

Post#641 » by will » Tue May 7, 2024 10:59 pm

aggo wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:P.S. Mitch is playing and Precious ain’t and you’ll like it. Save all that talk for the ”who gives a sh*t” thread.

Both should play and Mitch should start... Achiuwa 8 mins at C, 8-12 others at PF (when Obi is with another big on the floor)

Precious will now take up all of Mitch’s mins for the rest of the series. Everyone will see the impact of previous against this offense

And then we will work on Alec Burks getting playing time

Wait...is Thibs getting fired?
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,414

Post#642 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 11:24 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Context wrote:must watch whether you like Dray or not.

I was totally surprised by his calm attitude and positivity towards Brun and the team. My only knowledge of him is from his on court play and his loss of control at times. He comes across as a very astute analyst of the first game and his prediction for this series and the next are credible.

Is this the say Dray we all know and love, or is this an AI Dray? :lol:

This is Dray...very bright/high BBIQ...That's one of the main reasons a guy his size could be part of a team that won so many chips...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,490

Post#643 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 7, 2024 11:53 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,366

Post#644 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 8, 2024 12:58 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40102830/nba-confirms-key-illegal-screen-call-pacers-myles-turner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

After the Game 1 defeat, Turner said, "In my experience in this league, I think it's best when the players decide the outcome of the game," while adding that he looked forward to the release of the Last Two Minute Report.

there were a total of four missed calls in the final two minutes, according to the league's report: Turner should have been whistled for a separate illegal screen on DiVincenzo in the backcourt with about 10 seconds remaining; there was an errant kicked ball violation called on Aaron Nesmith with 53 seconds left; and prior to those, officials missed calling a defensive three seconds violation on Turner with 1:19 left.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,007

Post#645 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 1:30 am

Context wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

I was totally surprised by his calm attitude and positivity towards Brun and the team. My only knowledge of him is from his on court play and his loss of control at times. He comes across as a very astute analyst of the first game and his prediction for this series and the next are credible.

Is this the say Dray we all know and love, or is this an AI Dray? :lol:

This is Dray...very bright/high BBIQ...That's one of the main reasons a guy his size could be part of a team that won so many chips...

Yeah, his issue is temper, not intelligence.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,982

Post#646 » by Adelheid » Wed May 8, 2024 1:51 am

eh, i am not surprised at all with turner's assumptions that he will be vindicated with the l2m report (...and he wasnt vindicated at all; it got worse). I went on to examine how screens are supposed to be officiated (youtube clips), and i can say with almost certainty, that NBA players get away with tons of uncalled fouls based on screens alone. It might get them to foul out way too early
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,414

Post#647 » by Context » Wed May 8, 2024 1:55 am

SelbyCobra wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40102830/nba-confirms-key-illegal-screen-call-pacers-myles-turner

After the Game 1 defeat, Turner said, "In my experience in this league, I think it's best when the players decide the outcome of the game," while adding that he looked forward to the release of the Last Two Minute Report.

there were a total of four missed calls in the final two minutes, according to the league's report: Turner should have been whistled for a separate illegal screen on DiVincenzo in the backcourt with about 10 seconds remaining; there was an errant kicked ball violation called on Aaron Nesmith with 53 seconds left; and prior to those, officials missed calling a defensive three seconds violation on Turner with 1:19 left.

its an endless black hole...thats why its a waste of time conccerning yourslef with it as a player or a fan...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#648 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 8, 2024 1:55 am

SelbyCobra wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40102830/nba-confirms-key-illegal-screen-call-pacers-myles-turner

Funny, he specifically lost the 2MR. The kicked ball still major. But def seems like that maybe didn’t decide it.
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 716

Post#649 » by Ma10 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:57 am

This dude can FCK himself. Not anyone who is or has been a professional player doesn't mean he ist a great basketball mind!
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,875

Post#650 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Thu May 9, 2024 12:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
TheDavinciCHODE wrote:Phantom kicked ball call.

Questionable moving screen call.

I'm loving that the league is finally fixing stuff FOR US.

I'm 100% sure the officials had money on the game AND I DON'T CARE.

Except it WAS a kicked ball and moving screen. Those were the right calls.

It was a kicked ball? I didn’t see that at all

Yeah I didn't see the kicked ball at all. I do see WHY the ref THOUGHT it was a kicked ball in real time. The ball careened in a way that looked like he kicked it, but the review clearly shows it was not a kicked ball. At least from the angle that I saw.

Return to New York Knicks