ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Mon, 7:30PM)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Mon, 7:30PM) 

Post#281 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:38 pm

LFGK wrote:
stuporman wrote:
LFGK wrote:

what do you meant FELT better about Sixers?? FCK indiana and their nondefense playing team :nod:

I explained it clearly, read it again and stop being dense.

read the entire thing man, that's what my response was to, I don't buy all that, Knicks of old come out flat and lose this in 6. At the same time the Knicks of old blow that 3-1 lead and lose that series against philly. I feel its a little natural to think the worst in this series because they are such heavy favorites, I truly don't think they overlook indiana and smoke em in 5

I said I felt better about the Knicks....not the Sixers, you obviously can't read or understand what you have read so therefore your opinion is easily dismissed. You are exaggerating what I said because that's what you hear in your head, not what I actually said. So, until you actually can understand my words go bother someone else.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,381

Post#282 » by robillionaire » Mon May 6, 2024 5:44 pm

stuporman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
stuporman wrote:To be quite honest, I felt better about the Knicks against the Sixers than I do against the Pacers. It's not going to be easy, they made it to the second round, too, no matter what you say about their path to it. But with the Knicks a heavy favorite and everyone picking them it feels like a set up, a trap series or let down potential. With all the history and the current storylines, so much 'revenge' energy and I know everyone in the media and fans of the NBA are so ready to lolknicks or say overrated chokers.

If the Knicks lost to the Sixers, there would be some disappointment but people would have not talked too much stuff because Embiid MVP, Maxey blossoming. If the Knicks lose to the Celtics in ECF it wouldn't hit as hard because they made it there and the Celtics are expected to win that. Although a series loss to the Pacers ends the season on a real bitter note with so much put into doubt even if the Knicks were missing Randle...and the lolknicks stuff all summer long would be turble.

I think last year losing to the 8 seed heat would have stung a lot more if not for the fact that the heat went on to beat Boston and get to the finals. So some of it would depend on how the pacers would do in the next round. The circumstances were the same too, with both teams beating a higher seeded bucks team in the 1st round with Giannis missing games

The Heat had just been to the finals with the same core and were viewed as better than 8th seed so the sting came from it being the Heat team, not the circumstances. Any misstep against the Pacers would be the history, the current 'revenge' angle, the circumstances, the NBA world reaction...it would be really annoying.

Well that’s what I’m saying, if we did lose but the pacers win in the ECF then we can say that we lost to a team that made it to the finals and “better than 6th seed” etc. If Boston waxed them in the ECF that’d feel worse to me
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#283 » by LFGK » Mon May 6, 2024 5:45 pm

stuporman wrote:
LFGK wrote:
stuporman wrote:

read the entire thing man, that's what my response was to, I don't buy all that, Knicks of old come out flat and lose this in 6. At the same time the Knicks of old blow that 3-1 lead and lose that series against philly. I feel its a little natural to think the worst in this series because they are such heavy favorites, I truly don't think they overlook indiana and smoke em in 5

I said I felt better about the Knicks....not the Sixers, you obviously can't read or understand what you have read so therefore your opinion is easily dismissed. You are exaggerating what I said because that's what you hear in your head, not what I actually said. So, until you actually can understand my words go bother someone else.

Fully aware of what you said big dawg, its in plain English you were more comfortable going in against philly then you are indiana. What did I say refutes what you wrote or makes you think I didn't understand? were on the same side no need to get all upset.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,564

Post#284 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 6, 2024 5:47 pm

stuporman wrote:
LFGK wrote:
stuporman wrote:

I feel better about the Knicks in this series but, I get your point. Big thing for me is the pace. I would really love to see Precious used a lot more in this series. Keep the legs fresh for late in the games. I don't think Indy is tough enough to handle what this team brings. If we can keep up the pace we should win.
:beer: RIP mags
stuporman
RealGM

Post#285 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:50 pm

robillionaire wrote:
stuporman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
I think last year losing to the 8 seed heat would have stung a lot more if not for the fact that the heat went on to beat Boston and get to the finals. So some of it would depend on how the pacers would do in the next round. The circumstances were the same too, with both teams beating a higher seeded bucks team in the 1st round with Giannis missing games

The Heat had just been to the finals with the same core and were viewed as better than 8th seed so the sting came from it being the Heat team, not the circumstances. Any misstep against the Pacers would be the history, the current 'revenge' angle, the circumstances, the NBA world reaction...it would be really annoying.

Well that’s what I’m saying, if we did lose but the pacers win in the ECF then we can say that we lost to a team that made it to the finals and “better than 6th seed” etc. If Boston waxed them in the ECF that’d feel worse to me

That would change perception a little I guess, although it seems like the Celtics would get most of the lol energy and adding to the choker label from it. It would fit into their current group's legacy of coming up short when it matters most.
Image?
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,179

Post#286 » by Knick4Real » Mon May 6, 2024 5:50 pm

stuporman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
stuporman wrote:To be quite honest, I felt better about the Knicks against the Sixers than I do against the Pacers. It's not going to be easy, they made it to the second round, too, no matter what you say about their path to it. But with the Knicks a heavy favorite and everyone picking them it feels like a set up, a trap series or let down potential. With all the history and the current storylines, so much 'revenge' energy and I know everyone in the media and fans of the NBA are so ready to lolknicks or say overrated chokers.

If the Knicks lost to the Sixers, there would be some disappointment but people would have not talked too much stuff because Embiid MVP, Maxey blossoming. If the Knicks lose to the Celtics in ECF it wouldn't hit as hard because they made it there and the Celtics are expected to win that. Although a series loss to the Pacers ends the season on a real bitter note with so much put into doubt even if the Knicks were missing Randle...and the lolknicks stuff all summer long would be turble.

It's not panic, it's being aware of what's at stake, the circumstances and the possible reactions but you'll probably be one of them in the game thread losing your mind and calling it over as soon as anything goes awry.

Haha Nope! Never! Not my thing.

Also, lighten up. It's Round 2 of the playoffs!! :D
stuporman
RealGM

Post#287 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:54 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:
LFGK wrote:

I feel better about the Knicks in this series but, I get your point. Big thing for me is the pace. I would really love to see Precious used a lot more in this series. Keep the legs fresh for late in the games. I don't think Indy is tough enough to handle what this team brings. If we can keep up the pace we should win.

Yea, like I said to someone else, it's not analysis based, it's mojo. It feels like a set up but to be fair if the Knicks win it does add to the aura around these current Knicks, they aren't the same old anymore. They are creating a new perception around the league about them, it's all vibe based.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#288 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:56 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

It's not panic, it's being aware of what's at stake, the circumstances and the possible reactions but you'll probably be one of them in the game thread losing your mind and calling it over as soon as anything goes awry.

Haha Nope! Never! Not my thing.

Also, lighten up. It's Round 2 of the playoffs!! :D

I'm just speaking my mind about the situation, how about you relax a little and don't let me catch you overreacting or I'll remind you to lighten up. :lol:
Image?
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,207

Post#289 » by Iron Mantis » Mon May 6, 2024 5:57 pm

Anxiety level on 1 million.

Need to get this game underway and set the tone for this series.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,564

Post#290 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 6, 2024 6:03 pm

stuporman wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Yea, like I said to someone else, it's not analysis based, it's mojo. It feels like a set up but to be fair if the Knicks win it does add to the aura around these current Knicks, they aren't the same old anymore. They are creating a new perception around the league about them, it's all vibe based.

The vibes are immaculate though. I think we are closer to winning a title than most are willing to admit. The media is always waiting to pounce on the Knicks but, this team is NOT the same old. There really is nothing to pick at. Just a hard-nosed gritty team full of unselfish players who aren't all about the hype. The media really has no angle to attack us from. No drama to create. No disgruntled star. No insane owner meddling to discuss. They may try but, there is nothing to they can really latch on to for the typical Knicks bashing they love to do.
:beer: RIP mags
stuporman
RealGM

Post#291 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 6:03 pm

LFGK wrote:
stuporman wrote:
LFGK wrote:

Fully aware of what you said big dawg, its in plain English you were more comfortable going in against philly then you are indiana. What did I say refutes what you wrote or makes you think I didn't understand? were on the same side no need to get all upset.

No, really, you still are missing what I said. It's not the teams that is the point, it's the circumstances around it all that just happen to have something to do with the teams. You quoted me...check your own self.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#292 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 6:04 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

The vibes are immaculate though. I think we are closer to winning a title than most are willing to admit. The media is always waiting to pounce on the Knicks but, this team is NOT the same old. There really is nothing to pick at. Just a hard-nosed gritty team full of unselfish players who aren't all about the hype. The media really has no angle to attack us from. No drama to create. No disgruntled star. No insane owner meddling to discuss. They may try but, there is nothing to they can really latch on to for the typical Knicks bashing they love to do.

Beat the Pacers and get to the ECF the vibes remain immaculate, lose to them and....well, it will be a long summer.
Image?
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,179

Post#293 » by Knick4Real » Mon May 6, 2024 6:08 pm

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,433

Post#294 » by sol537 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:08 pm

stuporman wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Beat the Pacers and get to the ECF the vibes remain immaculate, lose to them and....well, it will be a long summer.

It would be a tough loss for sure especially considering that Philly is better than the Pacers... but let's take it as it comes. I have faith in this group to get the job done against Indy. We should be confident in winning this series.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#295 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 6:15 pm

sol537 wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

It would be a tough loss for sure especially considering that Philly is better than the Pacers... but let's take it as it comes. I have faith in this group to get the job done against Indy. We should be confident in winning this series.

I'm just describing the circumstances and my perception of them, I'm confident in the team playing hard, giving their all and not shrinking from the moment. The circumstances, though, just look too perfect, almost as if it was planned.
Image?
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,400

Post#296 » by spree8 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter
/mediaviewer
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,400

Post#297 » by spree8 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:29 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:Anxiety level on 1 million.

LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#298 » by LFGK » Mon May 6, 2024 6:30 pm

spree8 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/mediaviewer

damn dog couldn't just bounce 4 in a row into the knick bucket? :nonono: :lol:
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,069

Post#299 » by NYKinMIA » Mon May 6, 2024 6:44 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:I think I'm going to create a thread titled 'Frozen Receipts' and post them for everyone to see and remember. 8-)

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,409

Post#300 » by The Lamma » Mon May 6, 2024 7:19 pm

spree8 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/mediaviewer

:lol: It doesn't get any more scientific than that

Return to New York Knicks