ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Mon, 7:30PM)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Mon, 7:30PM) 

Post#261 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 4:48 pm

To be quite honest, I felt better about the Knicks against the Sixers than I do against the Pacers. It's not going to be easy, they made it to the second round, too, no matter what you say about their path to it. But with the Knicks a heavy favorite and everyone picking them it feels like a set up, a trap series or let down potential. With all the history and the current storylines, so much 'revenge' energy and I know everyone in the media and fans of the NBA are so ready to lolknicks or say overrated chokers.

If the Knicks lost to the Sixers, there would be some disappointment but people would have not talked too much stuff because Embiid MVP, Maxey blossoming. If the Knicks lose to the Celtics in ECF it wouldn't hit as hard because they made it there and the Celtics are expected to win that. Although a series loss to the Pacers ends the season on a real bitter note with so much put into doubt even if the Knicks were missing Randle...and the lolknicks stuff all summer long would be turble.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#262 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:48 pm

Thibs will have to get creative to use precious. I don’t you can have him and Mitch on the floor at the same time. Maybe you bring him for a few minutes when Ihart comes back in the 2nd quarter? Also big question is can we get 5 mins a half from Burks? Tempo should be higher this series and giving Josh or Donte a couple mins to catch their breath could be huge in the 4th quarter.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,179

Post#263 » by Knick4Real » Mon May 6, 2024 4:51 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:This is going 6 or 7. We don't have the offense to sweep a team or win it in 5 imho. Brunson needs to continue to be great and I know he will. DVo, OG, Hart and Deuce need to help and score too. iHart and Mitch need to control the glass. Can't let that little **** McConnell go off either. And stay home on their shooters! This is not the series to help or double anyone. Play them straight up!

I also beg some of you to grow a pair and not give up and act like wussies when we get down double figures. This team has earned our trust and have proven to be resilient. And quit crying about firing Thibs if he doesn't play Precious too! It's pathetic and embarrassing!

We gotta get this first one at home. The odds are heavily in our favor when we win the first one at home.

LOL, well good luck with that wish. That's like begging a fat person not to get in line at the ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT PANCAKE BREAKFAST.

Here, let me give you the tour: :D

I get it can get stressful and PTSD kicks in but some are just so whiney and pathetic it drives me insane! :lol:

Might have to cut receipts and embarrass the really bad ones. :D

All jokes aside, I 100% agree with you. The whining, calling it a loss at the half, etc. drive me crazy as well. I sometimes have to avoid the game thread and just wait for the PG thread. :banghead:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,344

Post#264 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:51 pm

aggo wrote:
Context wrote:
Besart19 wrote:This is a series for Thibs to show up as a defensive mastermind... Carlisle plays a lot of flex offense actions and horns actions... we might need to play Achiuwa 20-30 mins per game to counteract that

you mean this guy:
Read on Twitter

:D

this is not a mitch series

this is a precious series.

they do so much off ball flares and pins I want us to play precious more so we can switch those screens

Its ALWAYS a Mitch series ... you'll see
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#265 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:54 pm

LFGK wrote:I mean, mitch is 10PPG 13RPG 4BPG in his last 5 games vs indi with a +62. iHart is 6-8 and -36. I think the "this isn't a mitch series" is a bit blown our of proportion, he is still a terror on the defensive end, good problem to have though.

I like this ballboy, pause :party:

He's actually smart
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#266 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:00 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#267 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:01 pm

stuporman wrote:To be quite honest, I felt better about the Knicks against the Sixers than I do against the Pacers. It's not going to be easy, they made it to the second round, too, no matter what you say about their path to it. But with the Knicks a heavy favorite and everyone picking them it feels like a set up, a trap series or let down potential. With all the history and the current storylines, so much 'revenge' energy and I know everyone in the media and fans of the NBA are so ready to lolknicks or say overrated chokers.

If the Knicks lost to the Sixers, there would be some disappointment but people would have not talked too much stuff because Embiid MVP, Maxey blossoming. If the Knicks lose to the Celtics in ECF it wouldn't hit as hard because they made it there and the Celtics are expected to win that. Although a series loss to the Pacers ends the season on a real bitter note with so much put into doubt even if the Knicks were missing Randle...and the lolknicks stuff all summer long would be turble.

They have good role players that can go off in any game. Turner has killed us in the past and Obi has gone off for us. McConnell hit a game winner against us when he was apart of the process. That 76ers roster after Maxey is a dumpster fire. Oubre is probably the only guy that’d be in the pacers rotation. If we had a real 8th guy that would be easy to plug into the rotation I’d feel better about things but Burks is terrible and Precious can’t shoot.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#268 » by LFGK » Mon May 6, 2024 5:02 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
LFGK wrote:I mean, mitch is 10PPG 13RPG 4BPG in his last 5 games vs indi with a +62. iHart is 6-8 and -36. I think the "this isn't a mitch series" is a bit blown our of proportion, he is still a terror on the defensive end, good problem to have though.

He's actually smart

man, I been watching this game since the early 90's you learn a lot over the years :lol: watch what happens to that run and gun indiana offense when they have to play a half court game with Mitch/OG/Deuce in the game at the same time :noway:
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,433

Post#269 » by sol537 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:03 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

He's actually smart

Thibs will use iHart + Mitch and he'll have them trap Haliburton lots and then the other guys will have to rotate to Turner at times. They may also do a quick stunt show then recover. If either guy is getting torched on the perimeter, then Precious serves as insurance. We could also use Precious + iHart combo very sparingly here and there and see if those guys can kill them on the offensive boards to buy rest for OG/Hart. Let's see...
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,179

Post#270 » by Knick4Real » Mon May 6, 2024 5:04 pm

stuporman wrote:To be quite honest, I felt better about the Knicks against the Sixers than I do against the Pacers. It's not going to be easy, they made it to the second round, too, no matter what you say about their path to it. But with the Knicks a heavy favorite and everyone picking them it feels like a set up, a trap series or let down potential. With all the history and the current storylines, so much 'revenge' energy and I know everyone in the media and fans of the NBA are so ready to lolknicks or say overrated chokers.

stuporman
RealGM

Post#271 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:06 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

They have good role players that can go off in any game. Turner has killed us in the past and Obi has gone off for us. McConnell hit a game winner against us when he was apart of the process. That 76ers roster after Maxey is a dumpster fire. Oubre is probably the only guy that’d be in the pacers rotation. If we had a real 8th guy that would be easy to plug into the rotation I’d feel better about things but Burks is terrible and Precious can’t shoot.

For me it isn't about match up or player analysis, it's just mojo based and what seems like the whole basketball world frothing ready to lolknicks. You could see it after the game 5 loss, they wanted to do it more than anything.
Image?
LFGK
Sophomore

Post#272 » by LFGK » Mon May 6, 2024 5:08 pm

what do you meant FELT better about Sixers?? FCK indiana and their nondefense playing team :nod:
stuporman
RealGM

Post#273 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:09 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

It's not panic, it's being aware of what's at stake, the circumstances and the possible reactions but you'll probably be one of them in the game thread losing your mind and calling it over as soon as anything goes awry.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#274 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:09 pm

LFGK wrote:

what do you meant FELT better about Sixers?? FCK indiana and their nondefense playing team :nod:

I explained it clearly, read it again and stop being dense, ballboy.
Image?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,561

Re: GT: Game 1 - New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Mon, 7:30PM @ MSG) 

Post#275 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 6, 2024 5:10 pm

evevale wrote:this got me in my feelings - that series was a journey through the human experience

This is my all time favorite Knicks team. Previously it was the 99 team. This entire season has been amazing. What's not to love about this group? All grit. No quit. We need to come out and punch Indiana in the face tonight! Get your metal bats ready!!
:beer: RIP mags
LFGK
Sophomore

Post#276 » by LFGK » Mon May 6, 2024 5:11 pm

sol537 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

He's actually smart

Thibs will use iHart + Mitch and he'll have them trap Haliburton lots and then the other guys will have to rotate to Turner at times. They may also do a quick stunt show then recover. If either guy is getting torched on the perimeter, then Precious serves as insurance. We could also use Precious + iHart combo very sparingly here and there and see if those guys can kill them on the offensive boards to buy rest for OG/Hart. Let's see...

since Saturday I have been thinking on how he's going to defend the pacers, I could see the trap at the top like you said but I could also see OG being the roamer and coming to double near the paint. We will find out in about 7 hours :nod:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,381

Post#277 » by robillionaire » Mon May 6, 2024 5:28 pm

I think last year losing to the 8 seed heat would have stung a lot more if not for the fact that the heat went on to beat Boston and get to the finals. So some of it would depend on how the pacers would do in the next round. The circumstances were the same too, with both teams beating a higher seeded bucks team in the 1st round with Giannis missing games
LFGK
Sophomore

Post#278 » by LFGK » Mon May 6, 2024 5:30 pm

stuporman wrote:
LFGK wrote:

I explained it clearly, read it again and stop being dense.

read the entire thing man, that's what my response was to, I don't buy all that, Knicks of old come out flat and lose this in 6. At the same time the Knicks of old blow that 3-1 lead and lose that series against philly. I feel its a little natural to think the worst in this series because they are such heavy favorites, I truly don't think they overlook indiana and smoke em in 5
stuporman
RealGM

Post#279 » by stuporman » Mon May 6, 2024 5:34 pm

robillionaire wrote:

I think last year losing to the 8 seed heat would have stung a lot more if not for the fact that the heat went on to beat Boston and get to the finals. So some of it would depend on how the pacers would do in the next round. The circumstances were the same too, with both teams beating a higher seeded bucks team in the 1st round with Giannis missing games

The Heat had just been to the finals with the same core and were viewed as better than 8th seed so the sting came from it being the Heat team, not the circumstances. Any misstep against the Pacers would be the history, the current 'revenge' angle, the circumstances, the NBA world reaction...it would be really annoying.
Image?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,761

Post#280 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon May 6, 2024 5:34 pm

8516knicks wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
LOL, well good luck with that wish. That's like begging a fat person not to get in line at the ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT PANCAKE BREAKFAST.

Here, let me give you the tour: :D

:lol: They’re gonna call for Thibs job.

First person to call for Thibs being fired in the game thread wins Kristy Noem to personally murder your puppies. :lol:

I think I'm going to create a thread titled 'Frozen Receipts' and post them for everyone to see and remember. 8-)

Return to New York Knicks