ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Context
RealGM
And1: 14,147

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#741 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 7:13 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Your evidencw is a game they won? He's averaging 32/7/5 against us in 5 games, how do we stop him?

We just have to hope he has an off night because there’s nothing we can do.

The lack of respect people have for the opponent is weird, especially someone that is playing hard and straight up, no dirty tactics from him. I understand hating Embiid, but Maxey has earned my respect.

you have a lack of respect for the knicks defense...2nd in the league in fewest points allow for 82 games...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,839

Post#742 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 7:14 pm

Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
We just have to hope he has an off night because there’s nothing we can do.

The lack of respect people have for the opponent is weird, especially someone that is playing hard and straight up, no dirty tactics from him. I understand hating Embiid, but Maxey has earned my respect.

you have a lack of respect for the knicks defense...2nd in the league in fewest points allow for 82 games...

We're not in the regular season my man, Maxey is cooking us :lol:
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Context
RealGM

Post#743 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 7:16 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

ok -you dont want to have a conversation- you just want the last word...btw, we are up 3-2...he needs to finish the cooking because thats all that matters...Like Dirtbiid said its JUST one game...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,279

Post#744 » by god shammgod » Wed May 1, 2024 7:19 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

we have the 12th worst defense out of the 16 teams in the playoffs so far. we've gotten better because it was actually 16th at one point in the playoffs. might have been after game 4.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,279

Post#745 » by god shammgod » Wed May 1, 2024 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,410

Post#746 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 1, 2024 7:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

God forbid Thibs should try to call some plays or put forward some instructions to change that.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,262

Post#747 » by Fury » Wed May 1, 2024 7:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:you have a lack of respect for the knicks defense...2nd in the league in fewest points allow for 82 games...

we have the 12th worst defense out of the 16 teams in the playoffs so far. we've gotten better because it was actually 16th at one point in the playoffs. might have been after game 4.

12th best defense?
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,100

Post#748 » by nykfan42 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:10 pm

So much to say but nothing that hasn't been said before. Simply put you HAVE to foul Maxey before he even crosses midcourt. You don't even let him try to attempt a shot with a 3 point lead. You control the game. They handed this game to the Sixers with way to many mental miscues on the defensive end. I'm still heated after that game and couldn't sleep. I can't believe it bc this was in the bag. and could have been the first time in 25 years they won a series at home. The garden was electric, all wasted. Talk me off the ledge bc a loss like that really stings when I've been waiting for a team like this for 20+ years...
Make the Knicks great again!
will
RealGM
And1: 49,890
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#749 » by will » Wed May 1, 2024 8:14 pm

Free Previous Achiuwa
will
RealGM
And1: 49,890
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#750 » by will » Wed May 1, 2024 8:15 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

No one squad in the L has really figured out a way to contain Maxey.
Context
RealGM

Post#751 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 8:33 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

We contained him in the playoffs where he only scored 23 pts my man. Acknowledge that…we can do it again…
On edit: lmao!
We held Maxey to 25 and 23 in two games…Ofcourse you wouldn’t remind me of that…

He went 17-42 and 6 -17 from three on back to back games-
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,904

Post#752 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed May 1, 2024 8:38 pm

Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:you have a lack of respect for the knicks defense...2nd in the league in fewest points allow for 82 games...

We contained in in the playoffs where he only scored 23 pts my man. Acknowledge that…we can do it again…

Sheer numbers don't really tell the story. If we let Maxey take 21 shots and he gets 23, then it's pretty good. That is a good result usually.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#753 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 1, 2024 8:57 pm

On this board and in the world of Apple, he shall be known as Previous Achiuwa. Despite winning the Previous game, he got no PT.
Context
RealGM

Post#754 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 8:58 pm

This whole time I’m thinking we only held Maxey under 30 one time lol… that’s a 40 percent chance-
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#755 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 1, 2024 8:58 pm

nykfan42 wrote:So much to say but nothing that hasn't been said before. Simply put you HAVE to foul Maxey before he even crosses midcourt. You don't even let him try to attempt a shot with a 3 point lead. You control the game. They handed this game to the Sixers with way to many mental miscues on the defensive end. I'm still heated after that game and couldn't sleep. I can't believe it bc this was in the bag. and could have been the first time in 25 years they won a series at home. The garden was electric, all wasted. Talk me off the ledge bc a loss like that really stings when I've been waiting for a team like this for 20+ years...

It’s sports man, but feel the same. You’re gambling with your hope and mood lol.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#756 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 9:04 pm

Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

We contained him in the playoffs where he only scored 23 pts my man. Acknowledge that…we can do it again…
We held Maxey to 25 and 23 in two games…Ofcourse you wouldn’t remind me of that…

So, can the Sixers say they "held" Brunson to 24 and 22 on much worse shooting? What are you even talking about at this point? For the last time, we are no more capable of stopping him as you said, as they are of stopping Brunson. This is the weirdest point to try and make on the backend of him having 46 points.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 913

Post#757 » by NY2k1 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:On this board and in the world of Apple, he shall be known as Previous Achiuwa. Despite winning the Previous game, he got no PT.

Utterly shocking.
Context
RealGM

Post#758 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 9:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Sounds about right to me because their regular season defense is so much better. The question will be answered-
Is it because they haven’t adjusted YET or is it because they are not ready this year and will never be for this post season.

The Wells Fargo arena with the help of the owners should be more of a home court advantage for the sixers - so we are going to find out if this knick team is capable of duplicating their regular season defense tomorrow Sham.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#759 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 9:19 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

So, can the Sixers say they "held" Brunson to 24 and 22 on much worse shooting? What are you even talking about at this point? For the last time, we are no more capable of stopping him as you said, as they are of stopping Brunson. This is the weirdest point to try and make on the backend of him having 46 points.

The sixers entire staff zeroed in on Brunson and again would they have shut Brunson down if he had an Embiid.

The fact that you would go there tells me you don’t understand the design and focus the sixers had on Brunson.

I’m still waiting for you to acknowledge that we shut Maxey down without any real attention? We did it for 2 games-not ONE - are you going to acknowledge that we can shut him down again headed on the fact that we did it twice in 5 games in the playoffs?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#760 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 9:24 pm

Context wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Context wrote:We contained him in the playoffs where he only scored 23 pts my man. Acknowledge that…we can do it again…

The sixers entire staff zeroed in on Brunson and again would they have shut Brunson down if he had an Embiid.

The fact that you would go there tells me you don’t understand the design and focus the sixers had on Brunson.

I’m still waiting for you to acknowledge that we shut Maxey down without any real attention? We did it for 2 games-not ONE - are you going to acknowledge that we can shut him down again headed on the fact that we did it twice in 5 games in the playoffs?

He doesn't have an Embiid, again, you're arguing about who is better, I'm simply talking about production. He's averaging 32ppg on 50%, Brunson is averaging 34ppg on 42%, he is matching Brunson's output, that is the only thing that matters in this series, not if's and hypotheticals.

And we didn't "shut down" Maxey, in what world is 25pts and the win being shut down :lol: We contained him in 1 game in this series, in the 4 other games he hit or exceeded his season average.

Maybe you need to go look at what the Thunder did to Brandon Ingram if you want to see what being shut down looks like.

Return to New York Knicks