ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,050

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#501 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm

Did we miss the knee to the balls that Embiid gave iHart?
Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,729

Post#502 » by cgmw » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm

spree8 wrote:
cgmw wrote:Embiid is entering PJ Brown territory as Public Enemy number one. We gotta put them down in game 4 and win this series.

Entering? Dude got banned from the Empire State Building lol. I'd say he's way past that

Not for me. The suspensions from PJ cost us the Championship as far as I'm concerned. Embiid is scum but he's not PJ. It's hard to imagine anyone topping that.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,095

Post#503 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I keep watching some of these dirty plays by Joel and I gotta be honest, my blood still boiling from this. Now reading about what the NBA is doing with the copyright strikes. It's reminding me why I stopped watching a few years ago.

100%

I haven't posted since the game and have been fuming about what I saw on the court last night. I'm all for competition -- but when you take competition and turn it into violence over a game (A GAME), that's unacceptable and unforgivable.

We all said the other night that none of us wanted to win at the expense of another player's injury. We didn't want anyone hurt. Well, if dirty and unnecessary plays are allowed by the league over A GAME, then I take my opinion back.

I wouldn't be mad to see Thibs activate one of the guys at the end of the bench on Sunday who somehow "accidentally" elbows Embiid in that wandering eye of his. If the league won't "suspend" him for his actions, maybe we can do it for them!!

Yea if I’m Thibs, I’m at least putting Sims in there a few mins to commit some hard fouls. Not ticky tack shyt and not flagrant 2’s, but make them count. Good ol fashioned hard fouls to give Embiid’s bytch ass something to cry about for real. Gotta send him to the floor a few times next game
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,277

Post#504 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:31 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I keep watching some of these dirty plays by Joel and I gotta be honest, my blood still boiling from this. Now reading about what the NBA is doing with the copyright strikes. It's reminding me why I stopped watching a few years ago.

100%

I haven't posted since the game and have been fuming about what I saw on the court last night. I'm all for competition -- but when you take competition and turn it into violence over a game (A GAME), that's unacceptable and unforgivable.

We all said the other night that none of us wanted to win at the expense of another player's injury. We didn't want anyone hurt. Well, if dirty and unnecessary plays are allowed by the league over A GAME, then I take my opinion back.

I wouldn't be mad to see Thibs activate one of the guys at the end of the bench on Sunday who somehow "accidentally" elbows Embiid in that wandering eye of his. If the league won't "suspend" him for his actions, maybe we can do it for them!!

Post away Knick family...plenty of us feel the way you do. I even felt sorry for Dirtbiid in that play in game where he fell to his knees at the foul line. Last nights game was his coming out dirt party :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#505 » by Lord Commander » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm

The more I look at that leg grabbing flagrant the more enraged I am. A poster on the Sixers board said he was protecting himself against Mitch stepping on his knee. Bull$hit. Mitch's momentum was carrying him towards the basket, AWAY from Embiid. All he was doing the entire game was running around trying to injure Mitch and IHart. It's clear from the highlight reels. Maybe the leaguewide outrage will prompt some form of disciplinary action. Do they really want to risk retribution?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,679

Post#506 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm

Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,030

Post#507 » by Galvationknicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 pm

JB is Him
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,307

Post#508 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm

Monk1718 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:The Knicks need to realize that playing nice **** is going to get you nowhere, it happened last year with the Heat, somebody needs to hit back. They're all junkyard dogs and all but nobody is doing the things Embiid or Bam are doing, Embiid is out there playing like Ric Flair cause he's desperate and probably knows whoever wins this series is going to the ECF. They gotta punch back, cause Lowry and Embiid are gonna be going ham next game with the dirty tactics since nobody on our team seems to have any type of retaliation in them. When they go low, you go lower.

They need a real goon. That’s overdue.

This was part of the reason a lot of us wanted Mook in the Buyout Market thread.

A lot of us wanted Lowry too, cotdammit, but it seems fairly obvious he was deadset on Philly.

But Mook went unsigned for awhile. You know he'd have gotten right in Embiid's face
The Lamma
Veteran

Post#509 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:SOTN to Cam Payne btw.

Who tf is his shooting coach, Kidd-Gilchrist?

The Lamma
Veteran

Post#510 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm

duetta wrote:Embiid's dirty, dangerous play on Mitch may have turned the series. And he gets rewarded for it.

The Knicks should file a protest with the league given how Embiid's play was responsible for Robinson's injury. He should be forced to sit until Robinson is healthy. Otherwise, the league is corrupt. I turned off the game in disgust in the 3rd quarter.

This is exactly the way I'd like to see the rule enforced. It's only fair.

There isn't enough of a deterrent in place as it stands to prevent players from pulling sht like this.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,025

Post#511 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 pm

Sad part is you can tell Mitch would never do anything like this

Zero anger or meanness in the guy

Same with iHart

Gross
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,301

Post#512 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Sad part is you can tell Mitch would never do anything like this

Zero anger or meanness in the guy

Same with iHart

Gross

My first clue was that he didn't stomp on Laimbiid's fat cyclops head after he pulled that stunt.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
The Lamma
Veteran

Post#513 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 pm

I should have known we were in for a long night when I Hart exhaled on Embiatch early in the 1st and got called for his first foul
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#514 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm

Where’s my ref report? Dudes so quick to show up when Embiid starts crying.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,277

Post#515 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:35 pm

@KikiAhn-qd9pp
9 hours ago
How can people support a dirty player like that

@SteloPacino
8 hours ago
PROPS TO CHRIS CANTY for speaking on this. The Inside the NBA Cast are all cowards for not saying anything about his dirty play.

@patricesmith488
8 hours ago
Embiid is reckless somebody might get hurt because he is always flopping on the floor. Dude you have a knee injury it dont make sense. A couple of years ago Danny Green his on teammate got hurt because of him. This man 300 lbs reckless

@C3R3ALKILLA
4 hours ago
100% agree with Chris!!! That’s a dirty play and don’t make any excuses for it.

@user-bl7nc3gj6y
5 hours ago
The push after the pull down did it for me

@davebaboolal7178
9 hours ago
Lose respect for Joel. Dirty player

@Athraxes
6 hours ago (edited)
It wasnt a single dirty play although the grabbing of Robinsons legs should have been a flagrant 2... but he also bodychecked Anunobi (no call) and hit Hartenstein in the nuts with his knee and kicked robinson in the nuts as well (again... no call)... how is he still in that game... with 3 fouls in the end...

@saldoug7467
7 hours ago
WOW.. thats the dirties play i have ever seen.

@truthbearer8567
8 hours ago
Anyone who has been paying attention to Joel Embiid...and who is honest... has known FOR YEARS that he is a dirty player. He should have been ejected and suspended for the remainder of the Knicks series. Period.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
aggo
RealGM

Post#516 » by aggo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm

we did not defend the 3pt line as well as we could have

in the third we started switching a lot of ball screens and brunson was asked to defend 3pt shots as a smaller defender.

they got their guys involved and they just took a lot more threes

I am very against doubling Embiid.

ihart had way too many dumb fouls. in fact, probably all of his fouls were stupid fouls that could've been avoided.

we have to switch less. I dont think we can just hide brunson in the corner because their gameplan is to get the brunson switch and shoot threes on top of him.

looking back at thib's MO he didnt make wholesale adjustments last year against the heat until we were blown out on the way to being down 3-1

so I highly doubt he does something like playing small with OG as the primary guarder on Embiid.

the adjustment is to play McBride more. josh hart less. divo slightly less.

because they've taken away the massive difference in rebounding already. that wont come back no matter how big or how many minutes we play josh hart.
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,030

Post#517 » by Galvationknicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm

JB is Him
aggo
RealGM

Post#518 » by aggo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm

on the plus side,

Philly has gone to vanilla defense against brunson.

josh hart has shot them out of exotic coverages, and they are playing vanilla stuff vs brunson which is why he had a much better game offensively
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,401

Post#519 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm

The number one story on this site is embeds vell palsy, I'm fairly certain nba is gonna use that as a shield for the rest of this series
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
aggo
RealGM

Post#520 » by aggo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm

if you notice

in game 1 and 2 we gave Embiid a ton of space to shoot his jumpers

in game 3 we decided to crowd him

IMO vs Embiid you can't let him get access to all 3 things: FTs, double teams, and jump shots

in game 1 and 2 we took away his FTs because we played off him. it's the correct strategy because you will lose every game when he gets access to everything that makes him good. the only time we should EVER be crowding Embiid is at the 3pt line. otherwise you play off.

Return to New York Knicks