ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,059

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#481 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 pm

Capn'O wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:I know the 90s are over and players are built different now but I really wished someone else other than Divo got in Embiid's face. Not to fight or anything but stand up to the bully for your friend and teammate. Let that cyclops looking goof that type of dirty play isn't going to be allowed.

Like I said a few pages ago, we really missed Randle there.

You do you feel about missing Randle generally in these playoffs? I go back and forth, but ultimately, I think we'd be in a much better position if we had him ... and that bodes well for the future.
Free Palestine
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,292

Post#482 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:2nd half Free Throws (my apologies if this was posted already but, if so, it bears repeating):

Sixers: 25-26 FT

Knicks: 1-5 FT

this is why it never hurts to post it twice- I didnt see it..
WOW!
didnt know it was that bad :lol: :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,103

Post#483 » by matchman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

we're all wasting our time though. nothing is gonna happen. i doubt there is even a discussion.

He's just the noble serial killer (Just posted a clip of him injuring S.Barnes two playoffs ago), accept it and fight.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#484 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:07 pm

Context wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:2nd half Free Throws (my apologies if this was posted already but, if so, it bears repeating):

Sixers: 25-26 FT

Knicks: 1-5 FT

this is why it never hurts to post it twice- I didnt see it..
WOW!
didnt know it was that bad :lol: :lol:

The refs pissed on us last night. :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#485 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm

matchman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

we're all wasting our time though. nothing is gonna happen. i doubt there is even a discussion.

He's just the noble serial killer (Just posted a clip of him injuring S.Barnes two playoffs ago), accept it and fight.

How can we when the refs call everything on us and nothing on them? :lol:
Free Palestine
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,103

Post#486 » by matchman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
matchman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

How can we when the refs call everything on us and nothing on them? :lol:

Well while we have nine players in rotation now, the tenth to twelveth guy certainly can play a part for it, instead of getting paid by just sitting on the bench. :D

Minimal contact.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#487 » by Knicks Byke » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 pm

nothing from the League?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,345

Post#488 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:I know the 90s are over and players are built different now but I really wished someone else other than Divo got in Embiid's face. Not to fight or anything but stand up to the bully for your friend and teammate. Let that cyclops looking goof that type of dirty play isn't going to be allowed.

You do you feel about missing Randle generally in these playoffs? I go back and forth, but ultimately, I think we'd be in a much better position if we had him ... and that bodes well for the future.

Much better. We'd have a true second option and OG could play more free safety. Either Julius would just abuse Harris or Brunson would be free to eat. Only downside I see is Hart is playing out of his mind and he'd play less.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,712

Post#489 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:15 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:nothing from the League?

you expected something to done?
BaF
Washington Wizards
Context
RealGM

Post#490 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm

I see some of you are taking what Dirtbiid did lightly...Watch this video...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,037

Post#491 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm

The 70% Knick fans who will be in attendance on Sunday should boo him mercilessly
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#492 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm

Even the freaking Sixers podcaster can’t defend Embiid! :lol:

Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,377

Post#493 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm

When Embiid kicked out at Mitch hitting him in the groin at the same moment he rakes him across the eyes with his hand. Watch the video, he wildly throws his hand out towards Mitch's face and rakes down, this wasn't an accident, he intentionally did it and no call whatsoever on either the kick or the rake. Actually, stop calling fouls on him altogether.

Then when Embiid knees iHart in the groin at the same time he locks Zay's arm with one hand in an arm bar and hammers down on it with his other arm. He got called for an 'offensive foul' because of the knee but the armbar and hammer wasn't even addressed at all, that was an act intended to hurt another player, it was no accident.

Read on Twitter

The play that he injures Mitch the second time and is ultimately the one that puts him out of the game Embiid loses his dribble all by himself and throws himself into Mitch's legs. Again, no call at all. It's not like he didn't know what he was doing, he himself got injured by Kuminga jumping on his legs but he will do it himself recklessly and it resulted in an injury.

I don't expect anything to come of this, the league cares more about ratings than fairness or player's health. It's just so sad that the Knicks season has gotten repeatedly derailed by reckless and dirty play by players and teams that have a reputation for regularly doing this type of behavior.

Anyone equivocating between jersey pulls both teams were doing or missed calls by refs saying they are the same as what Embiid is doing is some deep cope and those people should not be taken seriously. Not even close to the same thing.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,037

Post#494 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm

Another thing, Randle would’ve f*cked up Embiid.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,694

Post#495 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm

Context wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
Context wrote:I dont understand why the league wants a icecream MVP like Dirtbiid...

I don't either. I want to believe I've grown as a NBA fan since the 90's. I could get off my homerism and look at other players and appreciate their skill. I've learned to respective Miller, Jordan, even Tim Hardaway. I can appreciate LeBron and KD, even if the former is -- while a great role model -- is a **** competitor. I'm appreciating Edwards, SAG, Jokic, and Luka. I even applaud Kyrie of all people (this year). I don't understand the league's protection of someone as menacing as Joel. It's what had me cheer for the Raptors a few years ago. I never found him likable. And I'm absolutely annoyed with myself that when he went down in Game 1 (or 2), I was actually concerned. And the MSG crowd was compassionate for him to give him his round of applause when he get up from the ground. I even explained to my kid that son we want to win, but we don't want to hurt people.

A couple of days later, we see the same guy purposefully take people out. This isn't like Bam's crap from last year, or 90's basketball, this was active malice, and it's absolute ****. There was one play that I would try pulling up that had Joel try to trip JB and if that trip connected at the speed he was going, it would've been ugly. Never mind the hip check on OG.

I'm just very disappointed on the nastiness. I wanted a good series. Now I'm just going to look at Joel and have no cares if he goes down hard.

Couldnt have said it better!
and let me add...I stopped taking the nba seriously years ago - I also got tired of a terrible Knick front office...Been a Knick fan since 94...Hardcore too...Been on this site for almost 20 years...In the last 5 years I havent watch any games...I've been following highlights of players in the league because of my participation in the BAF fantasy league on this board. Just like you I am proud of
my expansion on appreciatating many players throughout the league...

For some reason(I believe December) I watched a knick game - then I watched a couple more and I realized that we have a team of winners here. I realized that we have a different front office. We are no longer making desparate moves. Thibs actually has players that share his philosphy. I decided the Knicks deserved my time again. This led to me watching full games of other teams
around the league...

Fast forward to the play in...I watch that game where Dirtbiid was at the free throw line and fell to his knees. I said to myself
he is really gutting it out. Fast forward to our series. I predicted that we "could" win it in 5 and even 4 if we got game 3 (because of Dirtbiid's condition). As the games went on I noticed something that didnt add up...If Dirtbiid was in such bad shape -why would
he throw the ball off the backboard and dunk it?! Only to fall on the floor and leave the arena..

Don't want to be too long winded but I realized that Dirtbiid was playing possum and is a great actress. That includes their slimmy
coach and Morey with their campaign because they know that even with Maxey and Dirtbiid-we are the better TEAM-- there 's a reason we took 3 out of 4 games in the regular season with two of the wins being on the road in PHILLY.

And finally - the play that I never thought was in Dirtbiid- it was no coincidence that he did it to Mitch. He wanted Mitch out of this series...

The league better suspend him for one game or im done with taking this league seriously...

Well said, mate. One of the things that took me out of enjoying the NBA was the very rigged and often not discussed Sacramento/Lakers playoff series.

We're -- like many others here -- are two peas in pod. Knicks got me interested last year and that interest was fortitude by the team's character.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,979

Post#496 » by Knick4Real » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm

Wildcat wrote:I keep watching some of these dirty plays by Joel and I gotta be honest, my blood still boiling from this. Now reading about what the NBA is doing with the copyright strikes. It's reminding me why I stopped watching a few years ago.

100%

I haven't posted since the game and have been fuming about what I saw on the court last night. I'm all for competition -- but when you take competition and turn it into violence over a game (A GAME), that's unacceptable and unforgivable.

We all said the other night that none of us wanted to win at the expense of another player's injury. We didn't want anyone hurt. Well, if dirty and unnecessary plays are allowed by the league over A GAME, then I take my opinion back.

I wouldn't be mad to see Thibs activate one of the guys at the end of the bench on Sunday who somehow "accidentally" elbows Embiid in that wandering eye of his. If the league won't "suspend" him for his actions, maybe we can do it for them!!
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,684

Post#497 » by duetta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

We miss him. They would not be able to guard Brunson as they have were Randle there.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,377

Post#498 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:26 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Apparently :nonono:

Did Robinson miss the rest of the game because of that particular Embiid leg pull or it was something else?

I don't think so. He stayed in the game after.

It may have happened on the play Embiid kicked hin in the nuts though. He was definitely limping after that.

The play that injured him off the floor is when Embiid lost his dribble all by himself and dove into Mitch's legs after it trying to get a foul call. Nothing was called on that play either.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Context
RealGM

Post#499 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Context wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
I don't either. I want to believe I've grown as a NBA fan since the 90's. I could get off my homerism and look at other players and appreciate their skill. I've learned to respective Miller, Jordan, even Tim Hardaway. I can appreciate LeBron and KD, even if the former is -- while a great role model -- is a **** competitor. I'm appreciating Edwards, SAG, Jokic, and Luka. I even applaud Kyrie of all people (this year). I don't understand the league's protection of someone as menacing as Joel. It's what had me cheer for the Raptors a few years ago. I never found him likable. And I'm absolutely annoyed with myself that when he went down in Game 1 (or 2), I was actually concerned. And the MSG crowd was compassionate for him to give him his round of applause when he get up from the ground. I even explained to my kid that son we want to win, but we don't want to hurt people.

A couple of days later, we see the same guy purposefully take people out. This isn't like Bam's crap from last year, or 90's basketball, this was active malice, and it's absolute ****. There was one play that I would try pulling up that had Joel try to trip JB and if that trip connected at the speed he was going, it would've been ugly. Never mind the hip check on OG.

I'm just very disappointed on the nastiness. I wanted a good series. Now I'm just going to look at Joel and have no cares if he goes down hard.

Couldnt have said it better!
and let me add...I stopped taking the nba seriously years ago - I also got tired of a terrible Knick front office...Been a Knick fan since 94...Hardcore too...Been on this site for almost 20 years...In the last 5 years I havent watch any games...I've been following highlights of players in the league because of my participation in the BAF fantasy league on this board. Just like you I am proud of
my expansion on appreciatating many players throughout the league...

For some reason(I believe December) I watched a knick game - then I watched a couple more and I realized that we have a team of winners here. I realized that we have a different front office. We are no longer making desparate moves. Thibs actually has players that share his philosphy. I decided the Knicks deserved my time again. This led to me watching full games of other teams
around the league...

Fast forward to the play in...I watch that game where Dirtbiid was at the free throw line and fell to his knees. I said to myself
he is really gutting it out. Fast forward to our series. I predicted that we "could" win it in 5 and even 4 if we got game 3 (because of Dirtbiid's condition). As the games went on I noticed something that didnt add up...If Dirtbiid was in such bad shape -why would
he throw the ball off the backboard and dunk it?! Only to fall on the floor and leave the arena..

Don't want to be too long winded but I realized that Dirtbiid was playing possum and is a great actress. That includes their slimmy
coach and Morey with their campaign because they know that even with Maxey and Dirtbiid-we are the better TEAM-- there 's a reason we took 3 out of 4 games in the regular season with two of the wins being on the road in PHILLY.

And finally - the play that I never thought was in Dirtbiid- it was no coincidence that he did it to Mitch. He wanted Mitch out of this series...

The league better suspend him for one game or im done with taking this league seriously...

Well said, mate. One of the things that took me out of enjoying the NBA was the very rigged and often not discussed Sacramento/Lakers playoff series.

We're -- like many others here -- are two peas in pod. Knicks got me interested last year and that interest was fortitude by the team's character.

I remember that series...Sac was a side team of mine...Loved J-Will...AT that time I was still naive but I remember thinking that
Sac was the better team but the Lakers stole the series. Not realizing they actually did :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,133

Post#500 » by Fury » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep. Gotta focus on making things difficult for him instead. I want to see more of OG as the prime defender since he’s taking so many jumpers and getting help when he drives.

Return to New York Knicks