ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,061

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#461 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:The video shows how clearly frustrated he is with the attempt to wrestle Mitch to the ground — it is total frustration

Refs looked at a wrestling clip and said Not so bad

The more I look at it the worse it is. He had a full lane behind him to roll out of the play and get up and he deliberately rolled towards Mitch to grab him and enter his landing space. Laimbiid.

he was mad because right before that mitch stopped him on the other end and he felt he should have got a a foul. so there was intent too.

Also I said not so bad at first but he really is sort of trying to hurt Hartenstein earlier too. He is trying to lock his arm and kind of shove it forward, an equally dangerous if not as obvious play

Pretty bad

But I also blame the refs, our team and Thibs for not making a bigger deal about it. Let Embiid act out, get away with it, and then he just was comfortable the rest of the way, particularly shooting 3's

Not trying to be too psychological about it but like Fat Kat said, you probably have to create more of a thing on the court for Embiid get punished ... and once he acts out and gets away with it, he sort of relaxed

He got his catharsis with no penalty and that does have an effect -- since he started it, Knicks / refs should keep him agitated or push it in order to get him tossed
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#462 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

Watch the NBA split the baby and upgrade it to a Flagrant 2 and one more and he's suspended or something like that

I don't know if that's possible by the rules but that's along the lines of what I expect
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#463 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:28 pm

Sad truth is that Mitch is expendable and Embiid is not ... so this won't be judged evenhandedly
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,696

Post#464 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:30 pm

Context wrote:
Fury wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
The more I look at it the worse it is. He had a full lane behind him to roll out of the play and get up and he deliberately rolled towards Mitch to grab him and enter his landing space. Laimbiid.

It’s also frustrating for Mitch who did nothing wrong and even avoiding bumping into him. How is the league protecting him?

I dont understand why the league wants a icecream MVP like Dirtbiid...

I don't either. I want to believe I've grown as a NBA fan since the 90's. I could get off my homerism and look at other players and appreciate their skill. I've learned to respective Miller, Jordan, even Tim Hardaway. I can appreciate LeBron and KD, even if the former is -- while a great role model -- is a **** competitor. I'm appreciating Edwards, SAG, Jokic, and Luka. I even applaud Kyrie of all people (this year). I don't understand the league's protection of someone as menacing as Joel. It's what had me cheer for the Raptors a few years ago. I never found him likable. And I'm absolutely annoyed with myself that when he went down in Game 1 (or 2), I was actually concerned. And the MSG crowd was compassionate for him to give him his round of applause when he get up from the ground. I even explained to my kid that son we want to win, but we don't want to hurt people.

A couple of days later, we see the same guy purposefully take people out. This isn't like Bam's crap from last year, or 90's basketball, this was active malice, and it's absolute ****. There was one play that I would try pulling up that had Joel try to trip JB and if that trip connected at the speed he was going, it would've been ugly. Never mind the hip check on OG.

I'm just very disappointed on the nastiness. I wanted a good series. Now I'm just going to look at Joel and have no cares if he goes down hard.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,298

Post#465 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

he was mad because right before that mitch stopped him on the other end and he felt he should have got a a foul. so there was intent too.

Also I said not so bad at first but he really is sort of trying to hurt Hartenstein earlier too. He is trying to lock his arm and kind of shove it forward, an equally dangerous if not as obvious play

Pretty bad

But I also blame the refs, our team and Thibs for not making a bigger deal about it. Let Embiid act out, get away with it, and then he just was comfortable the rest of the way, particularly shooting 3's

Not trying to be too psychological about it but like Fat Kat said, you probably have to create more of a thing on the court for Embiid get punished ... and once he acts out and gets away with it, he sort of relaxed

He got his catharsis with no penalty and that does have an effect -- since he started it, Knicks / refs should keep him agitated or push it in order to get him tossed

this is sad...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,497

Post#466 » by EnigmatiC » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm

NBA can't say they prioritize player safety and then allow what went on last night. It wasn't just the pulling at Mitch's feet it was also Embiid kneeing guys (yes plural) in the groin. Really wild stuff.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,372

Post#467 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:NBA can't say they prioritize player safety and then allow what went on last night. It wasn't just the pulling at Mitch's feet it was also Embiid kneeing guys (yes plural) in the groin. Really wild stuff.

He had one previously too.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#468 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:35 pm

It's still crazy to me that Embiid is out there acting out because of a play that I still don't think was a foul. Hart's "foul" on Maxey is really borderline and at best 50-50 ... we never get those. Hart pulled up before he really touched him if he touched him at all ... and it was a loose ball a nanosecond before

If the play where Donte loses it and then is grabbed around the arm is not a foul, I don't think the Maxey play is either

I think we won that game more than fairly ... plus we had control of it at 5 minutes so Embiid pointing fingers is lame ... Knicks outplayed them in most quarters so far. The two firsts and last night's third are the only quarters where the Sixers were better ...

We prolly won 9 of the 12 quarters from my lazy, not looking it up analysis. So how is Embiid all worked up like it's been stolen from them?

EDIT: We lost G2 4th by 2 points and got blown out in G1 3rd so I stand corrected. Still it's close with the Knicks slightly ahead, just like in games, and the Hart play is really not clear to me -- we never get 50-50 calls but got that one. Doesn't entitle Embiid to be violent lol
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#469 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Watch the NBA split the baby and upgrade it to a Flagrant 2 and one more and he's suspended or something like that

I don't know if that's possible by the rules but that's along the lines of what I expect

Most sports writers -- at least mainstream -- do agree that Joel should have been ejected. If the league retroactively looks at the 2 other plays that warrant an upgrade to a flagrant 1 or upgrade the flagrant 1 to a 2, I can totally see them saying he'll serve the suspension at the start of 24/25 season. I still can't believe the push off, kick to the groin, and slap to the face (all the same damn play) wasn't a flagrant. I don't even think they called a normal foul on that one.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#470 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm

Wildcat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Watch the NBA split the baby and upgrade it to a Flagrant 2 and one more and he's suspended or something like that

Most sports writers -- at least mainstream -- do agree that Joel should have been ejected. If the league retroactively looks at the 2 other plays that warrant an upgrade to a flagrant 1 or upgrade the flagrant 1 to a 2, I can totally see them saying he'll serve the suspension at the start of 24/25 season. I still can't believe the push off, kick to the groin, and slap to the face (all the same damn play) wasn't a flagrant. I don't even think they called a normal foul on that one.

His backing into OG was dirty too and could have caused injury. He used his elbow

I don't think they'll say he has to serve it next year ... it's up or down, and I expect they'll treat it like a warning

Tick tock, we're waiting lol
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,084

Post#471 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:42 pm

2nd half Free Throws (my apologies if this was posted already but, if so, it bears repeating):

Sixers: 25-26 FT

Knicks: 1-5 FT
Free Palestine
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,586

Post#472 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

I know the 90s are over and players are built different now but I really wished someone else other than Divo got in Embiid's face. Not to fight or anything but stand up to the bully for your friend and teammate. Let that cyclops looking goof that type of dirty play isn't going to be allowed.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,298

Post#473 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Context wrote:
Fury wrote:
It’s also frustrating for Mitch who did nothing wrong and even avoiding bumping into him. How is the league protecting him?

I dont understand why the league wants a icecream MVP like Dirtbiid...

I don't either. I want to believe I've grown as a NBA fan since the 90's. I could get off my homerism and look at other players and appreciate their skill. I've learned to respective Miller, Jordan, even Tim Hardaway. I can appreciate LeBron and KD, even if the former is -- while a great role model -- is a **** competitor. I'm appreciating Edwards, SAG, Jokic, and Luka. I even applaud Kyrie of all people (this year). I don't understand the league's protection of someone as menacing as Joel. It's what had me cheer for the Raptors a few years ago. I never found him likable. And I'm absolutely annoyed with myself that when he went down in Game 1 (or 2), I was actually concerned. And the MSG crowd was compassionate for him to give him his round of applause when he get up from the ground. I even explained to my kid that son we want to win, but we don't want to hurt people.

A couple of days later, we see the same guy purposefully take people out. This isn't like Bam's crap from last year, or 90's basketball, this was active malice, and it's absolute ****. There was one play that I would try pulling up that had Joel try to trip JB and if that trip connected at the speed he was going, it would've been ugly. Never mind the hip check on OG.

I'm just very disappointed on the nastiness. I wanted a good series. Now I'm just going to look at Joel and have no cares if he goes down hard.

Couldnt have said it better!
and let me add...I stopped taking the nba seriously years ago - I also got tired of a terrible Knick front office...Been a Knick fan since 94...Hardcore too...Been on this site for almost 20 years...In the last 5 years I havent watch any games...I've been following highlights of players in the league because of my participation in the BAF fantasy league on this board. Just like you I am proud of
my expansion on appreciatating many players throughout the league...

For some reason(I believe December) I watched a knick game - then I watched a couple more and I realized that we have a team of winners here. I realized that we have a different front office. We are no longer making desparate moves. Thibs actually has players that share his philosphy. I decided the Knicks deserved my time again. This led to me watching full games of other teams
around the league...

Fast forward to the play in...I watch that game where Dirtbiid was at the free throw line and fell to his knees. I said to myself
he is really gutting it out. Fast forward to our series. I predicted that we "could" win it in 5 and even 4 if we got game 3 (because of Dirtbiid's condition). As the games went on I noticed something that didnt add up...If Dirtbiid was in such bad shape -why would
he throw the ball off the backboard and dunk it?! Only to fall on the floor and leave the arena..

Don't want to be too long winded but I realized that Dirtbiid was playing possum and is a great actress. That includes their slimmy
coach and Morey with their campaign because they know that even with Maxey and Dirtbiid-we are the better TEAM-- there 's a reason we took 3 out of 4 games in the regular season with two of the wins being on the road in PHILLY.

And finally - the play that I never thought was in Dirtbiid- it was no coincidence that he did it to Mitch. He wanted Mitch out of this series...

The league better suspend him for one game or im done with taking this league seriously...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,821

Post#474 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter

we're all wasting our time though. nothing is gonna happen. i doubt there is even a discussion.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#475 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

His backing into OG was dirty too and could have caused injury. He used his elbow

I don't think they'll say he has to serve it next year ... it's up or down, and I expect they'll treat it like a warning

Tick tock, we're waiting lol

Yeah, that was such a dirty play.

I can't remember, but I feel like something similar happened a few years ago. I might be misremembering.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#476 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 pm

As far as G4, I am not sure I care whether he plays or not. It'll be tough either way. But it'd be nice knowing he's not tilting the reffing or trying to hurt anyone

Obviously they're better with him but Maxey will probably go off if he sits ... unless Thibs commits to doubling even though he doesn't want to ... Knicks just seem unable to guard the 3 and I think we can slow down Embiid enough to win
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,757

Post#477 » by Clav » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 pm

I lend my support to your cause, Knicks fans. May your victory be swift, and may the defeat linger for Embiid specifically as a year of Sour Times (Portishead).
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,372

Post#478 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:I know the 90s are over and players are built different now but I really wished someone else other than Divo got in Embiid's face. Not to fight or anything but stand up to the bully for your friend and teammate. Let that cyclops looking goof that type of dirty play isn't going to be allowed.

Like I said a few pages ago, we really missed Randle there.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,084

Post#479 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

we're all wasting our time though. nothing is gonna happen. i doubt there is even a discussion.

That's because Thibs likes to play against their best players. You know, integrity kind of bullshyt.

Embiid committed an intentional act that was designed to injure Mitch ... and it did. And the NBA will do nothing?
Free Palestine
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,691

Post#480 » by duetta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

League hierarchy is as corrupt as the day is long.

Return to New York Knicks