ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Re: OT: NFL 24-25 Offseason Thread - Draft Day is upon us 

Post#341 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:41 pm

Here's to hoping the Jets win 1 game and end up in prime spot to draft

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,037

Post#342 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:48 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:I said before the draft the Jury is still out on Sanders which is why i didn’t want to punt on QB this year.

I’m 100% fine with the Nabers pick. But the freak WR everyone is talking about is Keon Coleman who was picked in the second round by Buffalo, proving the WR depth in this class was crazy.

He looks like an Animal.

Anything can happen but 2025 QB draft class is meh according to many pundits.

One sports writer predicted this years historical run on QBs in this years draft because he said teams don’t have high hopes for QBs in 2025.

People just assume there is studs in every draft. Imagine wanting a QB in the 2022 NFL draft. That was a terrible year, the first QB didn’t get picked till the 20th selection and Kenny Picket sucks.

I’m kinda pissed the Giants didn’t take a flyer in Milton in this years draft in the later rounds just to have some high upside on the roster.

Daniel Jones is playing this year. Really no other options moving forward. Unless they want to Russell Wilson him which I don’t think they will since they did not draft an air aparent and he provides the best option at winning games in their eyes.

I want a QB, I just wasn't sold on any of the QBs after the top 3.... Penix, Nix, and McCarthy have a lot of question marks to be drafted that high imo.

Would have been fine with a QB later but it's a long shot pick. Will have to see how the QBs look next year. It's a projection that it's a weak class but def not set in stone. Just need to find 1.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,546

Post#343 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:wait people think we'll be good? i can see us picking in the top 10 again pretty easily lol

our over/under for the season as presented by gambling websites is 6.5 with more action on the under so we're projected to have a pretty similar season as the one we just had. i'm just hoping the kids play well and we see them take a few steps up. realistically, we should kind of flame out to give us the best shot possible to get a top tier qb cause daniel jones aint it

We played respectable last year once Andrew Thomas got better and the offensive line started to play respectable. I don't think they win less than 6 games next year. Thats just me personally. If they do you absolutely have a right to question the regime and direction.

Right now there only 2 years in. 1 year surpassed expectations and then one year that didn't. I don't think Andrew Thomas (I stated before the Giants most important player) getting hurt on the 1st possession of the season did them no favors.

i think we are probably 3rd or 4th in the division pending how good jayden daniels is right out of the gate.

ultimately, we'll see. consensus is that the team sucks though and if we do win more than 6 games, it probably won't be by much

It wasnt going to be an overnight fix. We were comically bad under the Gettleman regime (bad cap flexibility and only a couple of worthwhile pieces from his drafts. I think year one def put a bit a wrench in the rebuild plan since they ended up paying DJ off a playoff year. When they might not have otherwise.

But I'm really looking at this regimes draft classes though. Need more out of Neal, KT, Banks, JMS. These are all selections that need to start making jumps.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,568

Post#344 » by DOT » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:54 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:I said before the draft the Jury is still out on Sanders which is why i didn’t want to punt on QB this year.

I’m 100% fine with the Nabers pick. But the freak WR everyone is talking about is Keon Coleman who was picked in the second round by Buffalo, proving the WR depth in this class was crazy.

He looks like an Animal.

One sports writer predicted this years historical run on QBs in this years draft because he said teams don’t have high hopes for QBs in 2025.

People just assume there is studs in every draft. Imagine wanting a QB in the 2022 NFL draft. That was a terrible year, the first QB didn’t get picked till the 20th selection and Kenny Picket sucks.

I’m kinda pissed the Giants didn’t take a flyer in Milton in this years draft in the later rounds just to have some high upside on the roster.

Daniel Jones is playing this year. Really no other options moving forward. Unless they want to Russell Wilson him which I don’t think they will since they did not draft an air aparent and he provides the best option at winning games in their eyes.

I want a QB, I just wasn't sold on any of the QBs after the top 3.... Penix, Nix, and McCarthy have a lot of question marks to be drafted that high imo.

Would have been fine with a QB later but it's a long shot pick. Will have to see how the QBs look next year. It's a projection that it's a weak class but def not set in stone. Just need to find 1.

It's definitely way too early to say either way, like Quinn Ewers could ball out this year, he's someone who was getting 2nd round buzz before going back to Texas, and if he plays well enough to keep Arch Manning on the bench for the entire year again, I think you're gonna see him be in contention for the #1 overall pick.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#345 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

He looks like an Animal.

Even if the class isn’t weak as they say I don’t see us position for who ever rises to the top anyway.

That’s what it boils down to. Does it matter who rises when we not in contention for them?

This class won’t be as deep as the one that just came.

Eveything else is irrelevant to me personally

The giants are the Knicks. Good enough to miss out on who ever is the best.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,733

Post#346 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

We played respectable last year once Andrew Thomas got better and the offensive line started to play respectable. I don't think they win less than 6 games next year. Thats just me personally. If they do you absolutely have a right to question the regime and direction.

Right now there only 2 years in. 1 year surpassed expectations and then one year that didn't. I don't think Andrew Thomas (I stated before the Giants most important player) getting hurt on the 1st possession of the season did them no favors.

i think we are probably 3rd or 4th in the division pending how good jayden daniels is right out of the gate.

ultimately, we'll see. consensus is that the team sucks though and if we do win more than 6 games, it probably won't be by much

It wasnt going to be an overnight fix. We were comically bad under the Gettleman regime (bad cap flexibility and only a couple of worthwhile pieces from his drafts. I think year one def put a bit a wrench in the rebuild plan since they ended up paying DJ off a playoff year. When they might not have otherwise.

But I'm really looking at this regimes draft classes though. Need more out of Neal, KT, Banks, JMS. These are all selections that need to start making jumps.

that first good season threw a monkey wrench into the whole thing and last year we lucked into quite a few wins so we didn't get a proper chance to rebuild. looks like we might start to now that we didn't pick a QB. they really should have tried to start fresh from the beginning and that would have bought them some time, but it looks like time might be running out soon.

i think schoen has a lot of good "paper" drafts, but, they need to be start being good in reality. maybe it's the developmental coaching staff, but yeah need results.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#347 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:Here's to hoping the Jets win 1 game and end up in prime spot to draft

You gotta wait till 2026 my dude lol.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#348 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:25 pm

qb drafts are such a crapshoot, even deep qb draft classes might not be so deep.

case in point the trevor lawrence, justin fields, zach wilson, trey lance, mac jones one. at the time they were saying how good and deep that class was but looking back at it now, it's just 1 guy that's doing alright but not quite living up to expectations and 4 busts.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#349 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:qb drafts are such a crapshoot, even deep qb draft classes might not be so deep.

case in point the trevor lawrence, justin fields, zach wilson, trey lance, mac jones one. at the time they were saying how good and deep that class was but looking back at it now, it's just 1 guy that's doing alright but not quite living up to expectations and 4 busts.

Yeah for sure. The last few QB drafts have been that way most of it has been fluff. Outside of 1 or 2 dudes.

Makes the odds even worst for us snagging one based on recent trends.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Post#350 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:29 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Here's to hoping the Jets win 1 game and end up in prime spot to draft

Ill wait. :lol:
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#351 » by TerrenceClarke » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:34 pm

moocow007 wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

Most def worth it. schit. Can go wrong with a manning. Teams gonna be killing themselves that year for sure.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#352 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:qb drafts are such a crapshoot, even deep qb draft classes might not be so deep.

Yeah for sure. The last few QB drafts have been that way most of it has been fluff. Outside of 1 or 2 dudes.

Makes the odds even worst for us snagging one based on recent trends.

yeah thinking back i remember during that 2020 qb class draft process with burrow, tua, herbert and love, they was sayin at the time how that even though it was a good qb class, the real great qb class was 2021 with that lawrence/fields/lance/wilson draft. funny how that worked out.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#353 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

Most def worth it. schit. Can go wrong with a manning. Teams gonna be killing themselves that year for sure.

i'm thinking arch gonna eli his way to a decent situation too. he learned from big bro, he's not gonna put himself in a **** situation
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,037

Post#354 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon May 6, 2024 1:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=4XN1fAfoSae3NV2gbpyvMA&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#355 » by DOT » Tue May 7, 2024 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Yeah, this seems about right.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#356 » by Ghetto Gospel » Wed May 8, 2024 2:53 am

anyone know why we cant just sign a sumo wrestler to be on our o-line?

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#357 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 8, 2024 1:23 pm

DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

No doubt about it
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,754

Post#358 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 8, 2024 1:25 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:anyone know why we cant just sign a sumo wrestler to be on our o-line?

Read on Twitter

That dude is strong af. Parsons got him the second time though.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#359 » by DOT » Wed May 8, 2024 1:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

No doubt about it

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 842

Post#360 » by KOA » Wed May 8, 2024 1:29 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:anyone know why we cant just sign a sumo wrestler to be on our o-line?

Read on Twitter

Looks like whoever posted that didn’t watch the whole video.

Return to New York Knicks