ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,921

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#1041 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:05 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
We are watching something special. I really think if Randle comes back 100% healthy next year we are gonna be a problem for the rest of the league. The vibes are immaculate. All grit no quit no bullshyt. LFGK!

I wouldn't mind keeping Randle but feel like he is a goner . He is in the last year of his contract (team option for 26) and switching away from CAA was more than mere coincidence.

I won't pretend to know the financial motivations of these young men but, this is a winning situation. That month of January(and last night!) had to be the most fun any of these players has had in the NBA!! There is a winning spirit/mentality/chemistry that resonates from this group. They were playing peak level basketball together before the wheels fell off. We are a title contender as is 100% healthy. I don't think anyone in the locker room wants to leave this thing of ours.

I wouldn't be mad standing pat this summer with what's currently rumored to be available.

I dunno but feel like the stars are lining up for a certain superstar player to become a New York Knick! 8-) :lol:
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,343

Post#1042 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 am

KnixinSix wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
I wouldn't mind keeping Randle but feel like he is a goner . He is in the last year of his contract (team option for 26) and switching away from CAA was more than mere coincidence.

I won't pretend to know the financial motivations of these young men but, this is a winning situation. That month of January(and last night!) had to be the most fun any of these players has had in the NBA!! There is a winning spirit/mentality/chemistry that resonates from this group. They were playing peak level basketball together before the wheels fell off. We are a title contender as is 100% healthy. I don't think anyone in the locker room wants to leave this thing of ours.

I wouldn't be mad standing pat this summer with what's currently rumored to be available.

I dunno but feel like the stars are lining up for a certain superstar player to become a New York Knick! 8-) :lol:

You don't say. Who might that be? Do tell!!!
:eek1:
:beer: RIP mags
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,249

Post#1043 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 am

Let’s say we keep Randle… extend iHart… extend OG… then we consolidate picks and draft only one or two 3&d guys to develop.

Basically, we run it back and hold onto Bogs for best year’s deadline to keep flexibility.

We’d be the 1, 2, or 3 seed and a contender. Maybe not the favorite but on the Timberwolves level of really good team.

Could be what the front office does…
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,283

Post#1044 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:48 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Credit to Embiid for going out there and playing injured. But I have no pity lol. If your on the floor that means your healthy enough and good to go. He’s damn mobile enough to keep getting his usual 12fts a game

If you can euro step or shoot a spinning turnaround jumper on a bad knee, you can move on D or box out to get a rebound lol

My thoughts exactly!
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,348

Post#1045 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tough titty muffagahs

Wait what…what about that blatant Maxey two armed push off!!!wtf
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,704

Post#1046 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Stephen A pretends to be a Knicks fan for views. Dude is a fraud.

Perk is 1000x more of a fan than Stephen A. I think he actually prefers for us to lose because it fuels his narrative of being a depressed Knicks fan.

It took Shannon and Legs to say it was more than Maxey getting fouled. It was the hustle, offensive rebound and made shots from the Knicks. Give us our props. I also agree with Shannon, the refs not calling that to determine the game.

SAS is a lot like some fans here - specifically FN11, KnicksGod, seren, spree8, sol537 and Bob Ross. Reading some of their posts right before what happened is embarrassing.

https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-104844.DjPjPe
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-104546.DjPhV9
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-103422.DjPGJE
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-103710-Copy.DjP5OQ
https://tinypic.host/image/Screenshot-2024-04-23-104630.DjPvbX

damn son
BaF
Washington Wizards
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,283

Post#1047 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am

I saw this in the comments section on youtube (if its allowed)

@glloyd8625
2 hours ago
All we hear is Philly, the better team! Philly is more talented. Yet, Philly has lost 5 of 6 games to Knicks. Knicks won the games with No Randle, no OG, no Mitch. Still, Philly is the better team? 1-5 against the knicks. Philly is the better team?
JB not playing well, still NYK win. Philly, still the better team?
Let's just ignore our eyes.

Everyone should keep saying Philly the better team. Maybe one day it will be true.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1048 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:56 am

sol537 wrote:Let’s say we keep Randle… extend iHart… extend OG… then we consolidate picks and draft only one or two 3&d guys to develop.

Basically, we run it back and hold onto Bogs for best year’s deadline to keep flexibility.

We’d be the 1, 2, or 3 seed and a contender. Maybe not the favorite but on the Timberwolves level of really good team.

Unless something pops up that makes complete sense, I am more than fine doing the bare minimum this summer. Run it back and see exactly how far they can go from day one healthy. Thibs has to open up the regular season rotations though. We can't limp into the playoffs every year. I would love to see this squad play most of the games next year healthy. After how they looked in January? How could anyone not want to see that again?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#1049 » by RHODEY » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:01 am

sol537 wrote:Let’s say we keep Randle… extend iHart… extend OG… then we consolidate picks and draft only one or two 3&d guys to develop.

We destroyed the Timberolves when healthy.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,942

Post#1050 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 am

Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:That was crazy mph :D

she is one of us...and she is such a professional she didn't step on the play-by-play guy.

But her reactions and holding his arm...that is what sports is all about.

The guy in the white sleeve jacket in the background was locked in. No quit in him.

What a great job by Monica. Not only were her reactions epic, but her summary was seriously professional quality. Good on her
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 am

Guano wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:Those final possessions was a team effort. Everyone made a big play. Brunson 3,Hart pressing up and Maxey and getting the steal, Shart grabbing that huge rebound in a sea of red and OG with the pass to Divo for 3. It was a beautiful thing….I'm still high on the moment.

Can't consume enough content this morning. Such a dope win. They shouldn't have won that game but they didn't quit to a man like you said. Even Brunson taking that 3 that had a ridiculous bounce to drop. Everyone on the floor gave effort. Such a stupid awesome win.

It's easy to look forward to the next game or focus on the negatives about Brunson's struggle. Or say it doesn't matter if we don't close out, but I'm not hearing that. I'm riding this win until next game shows up.

This team has 99 vibes. A bunch of try hards. Guys that don't care if they're playing an mvp or a guy that can't miss from anywhere on the court and is faster than light. These knicks are going to scrap all game long and smile while being hit back. This team is so easy to root for.

This win was Soul Food
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1052 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 am

Lord Commander wrote:
spree8 wrote:
NowWHYcee7 wrote:Do you guys think that with Josh shooting the lights out, their defense will be forced to not load up on Brunson as much...hoping that may give him some room to break out of his slump.

He hit 1000 and they still continued to give him open looks, so I wouldn’t bank on that

Yea I'm sure they think that Josh can't sustain that level of accuracy, and they'd rather pick their poison.

Last season Hart had a run of hot shooting. I don't recall how long that streak was, but it lasted for a number of consecutive games
ImageImageImage
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,582

Post#1053 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:20 am

I wouldn’t mind running it back. Either sign a backup PG or bring Rokas over. Draft a couple a young prospects with our picks or turn those picks into a player that could help the team. Hopefully everyone’s worries about Hartenstein getting a big bag is an overreaction and he comes back on a solid deal
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1054 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:21 am

socal74 wrote:
cgmw wrote:Not to be subversively negative here, but we lose this game with healthy Randle. The hustle players made hustle plays and we needed all of them on the court at the same time.

Embiid to me has always had an air of negativity about him as a human being/personality, and I believe it’s a strong factor in why he folds year-in year-out when it matters. Just my opinion, but Randle has similar energy.

People cried when we lost Randle, but we are very lucky to have one season of the Nova Knicks. This feels more like ncaa March madness than the nba playoffs right now, and I’m loving it. Randle is the second best basketball player on our roster, but sometimes the sum of the parts does not equal the whole. This group is very special as is.

If Randle was healthy, you guys would have been up and Brunson probably isn't shooting like 2004 nba finals Kobe

You may not fully appreciate what CGMW is saying. Randle has never performed well in the two seasons we went into the playoffs with him. He gets the yips really bad and when that happens he pouts and shuts down emotionally. Like CGMW is saying, a despondent Randle is one of the most toxic clouds of despair we've ever seen on the court.

If Randle was active for these playoffs and not hitting his shots it would be much worse than Brunson being off these last two games. OTOH, with a functional and productive Randle in the playoffs we would have blown the Sixers out in the first two games. But Randle has never shown up in the playoffs so that is a question mark until he proves otherwise.
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1055 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
socal74 wrote:
cgmw wrote:Not to be subversively negative here, but we lose this game with healthy Randle. The hustle players made hustle plays and we needed all of them on the court at the same time.

Embiid to me has always had an air of negativity about him as a human being/personality, and I believe it’s a strong factor in why he folds year-in year-out when it matters. Just my opinion, but Randle has similar energy.

People cried when we lost Randle, but we are very lucky to have one season of the Nova Knicks. This feels more like ncaa March madness than the nba playoffs right now, and I’m loving it. Randle is the second best basketball player on our roster, but sometimes the sum of the parts does not equal the whole. This group is very special as is.

If Randle was healthy, you guys would have been up and Brunson probably isn't shooting like 2004 nba finals Kobe

You may not fully appreciate what CGMW is saying. Randle has never performed well in the two seasons we went into the playoffs with him. He gets the yips really bad and when that happens he pouts and shuts down emotionally. Like CGMW is saying, a despondent Randle is one of the most toxic clouds of despair we've ever seen on the court.

If Randle was active for these playoffs and not hitting his shots it would be much worse than Brunson being off these last two games. OTOH, with a functional and productive Randle in the playoffs we would have blown the Sixers out in the first two games. But Randle has never shown up in the playoffs so that is a question mark until he proves otherwise.

Playoff jitters/curse or whatever considered? He hasn't shown up due to injury as well as whatever anyone else thinks. He has to prove himself for sure but, firing on all cylinders we can beat anyone WITH Randle. That much has been proven with a very glorious month of basketball. He really was a changed man and the team was playing peak level ball. Would watch again!!
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1056 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Guano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I see multiple fouls here that weren't called on both teams. The crying needs to stop.

If I'm a 6er fan I'm more pissed at iHart getting the board with 4 6ers there or Maxey flopping or nurse not calling a TO before the inbounds pass or even lowry throwing that trash inbound pass.

Begging for the refs to bail you out is basically this

The Sixers have been getting outworked and outhustled, and now they're crying because the refs aren't bailing them out.

They lack class and grace. Instead of shutting up, taking the L and focusing, they're crying to the media.

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1057 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
socal74 wrote:If Randle was healthy, you guys would have been up and Brunson probably isn't shooting like 2004 nba finals Kobe

Playoff jitters/curse or whatever considered? He hasn't shown up due to injury as well as whatever anyone else thinks. He has to prove himself for sure but, firing on all cylinders we can beat anyone WITH Randle. That much has been proven with a very glorious month of basketball. He really was a changed man and the team was playing peak level ball. Would watch again!!

I wish Randle was here. He was playing real well and it is a shame he can't enjoy this. I think we would be better, but he still has to prove it when it counts.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1058 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:42 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is what deuce was doing to Grimes in practice

Back country W VA! Took him to the woodshed

Made him squeal like a pig
ImageImageImage
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,145

Post#1059 » by E86 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:44 am

Stannis wrote:
E86 wrote:Here's my conspiracy theory:

the window for success for the process sixers is coming to an end. embiid doesn't want to shut down, but his knee is not going to make it.

-game 1 his knee pad had blood on it, likely from the site of a steroid injection
-one of his knees is visibly swollen lol
-he's limping
-nonverbal signs of pain include agitation, and even aggressive behaviors.
-his production dropped off in the fourth of game 2 (because the steroids don't last forever and are very liver toxic)

its kinda like what happened with melo and his elbow injections. we might lose game 3 but we'll win the series because he's going to keep getting worse. i'm a nurse for what its worth.

A pretty good theory.

Did you also notice Embiid's eye? One of them constantly moves in another direction. This is something I never noticed before.

Any opinion on this? I always thought this was a sign of fatigue, be it lack of sleep and/or being overworked.

pain meds
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,921

Post#1060 » by KnixinSix » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:44 am

If I truly want to maximize the tread on Brunson's tires , I get him a backcourt mate that can both play the 1 and start at the 2. And when they are on court together I would let Brunson play off ball slightly more often (5-10 minutes).
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6

Return to New York Knicks