ImageImageImageImageImage

Deuce McBride glow-up thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,706

Re: Deuce McBride glow-up thread 

Post#101 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:39 am

JVG hating hate to see it :noway:

Read on Twitter

X-Factor :nod: :nod: :nod:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,706

Re: Deuce goes from being our X-Factor to becoming an IMPORTANT factor for the playoffs 

Post#102 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:40 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Lost in all of the injuries is the emergence of Deuce.... he is showing he can be HIM. He looks like one of the better 3 pt shooters on the team, he can attack the rack, blow past defenders and he has the very rare confident mid range that's lost in today's NBA. He's not scared of the moment

His ELITE defense was going to be a big factor in the playoffs. Now it's going to be a HUGE factor along with his offense and facilitating. He's showing he can do it all and for 40+ minutes.... he's work horse.

If OG & Mitch stay healthy and get back up to playing form, Deuce might just be the catalyst to get us to the ECF or at least out of the 2nd round.

Its gona take everybody but it's **** amazing to see Deuce get, and finally run with this opportunity.

dat boy is HIM
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,583

Post#103 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:09 am

Duece gunna make him self an even more coveted piece in these playoffs. Boy is gunna ball out
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,947

Post#104 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:27 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Duece gunna make him self an even more coveted piece in these playoffs. Boy is gunna ball out

They're not trading him in some imaginary trade for DM, KAT, Giannis, etc.

He's a key to our success now, not a bargaining chip

The value he brings on his contract is worth far more than someone giving even 50% more in statistical production at 10 times the price

And the odds of getting that much better output even looks unlikely. Deuce can average 16-18 PPG next season coming off the bench
ImageImageImage
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,014

Post#105 » by knicks94 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:56 am

I think I am finally over mourning the loss of Grimes.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,583

Post#106 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:18 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:Duece gunna make him self an even more coveted piece in these playoffs. Boy is gunna ball out

The value he brings on his contract is worth far more than someone giving even 50% more in statistical production at 10 times the price

And the odds of getting that much better output even looks unlikely. Deuce can average 16-18 PPG next season coming off the bench

Deuce is a starting level guard on a winning team. This dude is really, really good. He's becoming Jrue Holiday-esqe. I'm not saying that he is him yet. But, he's in that mold... except a better 3pt shooter.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#107 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:45 am

knicks94 wrote:I think I am finally over mourning the loss of Grimes.

I went through that stage when he was still a Knick

TBH, it was pretty shocking how bad he had the yips this year after showing such incredible promise

I hope his mind gets re-set and he fulfills his potential, but there is no doubt now that whatever self-confidence Grimes was lacking, Deuce has in spades

He's very steady which is something you need to build a contender. He's a bona fide piece now, not just some guy off the bench
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#108 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:49 am

drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Deuce is a starting level guard on a winning team. This dude is really, really good. He's becoming Jrue Holiday-esqe. I'm not saying that he is him yet. But, he's in that mold... except a better 3pt shooter.

I'd still peg Deuce as a combo guard, but he could develop his playmaking skills over time. Jrue has some inches on him which does help in defending swing men instead of just guards.

Whatever level he does reach, he continues to evolve and get better so we don't know yet what his ceiling is.
ImageImageImage
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,440

Post#109 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:48 am

deuce > quick. Leon is a genius
im bout dat action boss
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,066

Post#110 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:28 am

I'm just here so I won't get fined. Doing WVU/Cincinnati proud. 3 years/13 million. Are you kidding me Leon Rose? What a steal.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,029

Post#111 » by KnicksGod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:49 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I'd still peg Deuce as a combo guard, but he could develop his playmaking skills over time. Jrue has some inches on him which does help in defending swing men instead of just guards.

Whatever level he does reach, he continues to evolve and get better so we don't know yet what his ceiling is.

Good post

Jrue 6–7 wingspan, Deuce 6-875 wingspan
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#112 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:33 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Good post

He does have long arms. Players over 6'5" are still probably best guarded by someone besides Deuce on a regular basis though.
ImageImageImage
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,631

Post#113 » by Meat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:35 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:deuce > quick. Leon is a genius

or hear me out, stop comparing
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,631

Post#114 » by Meat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

he cant, ddv is still here and JU will be back shooting 18 shots a game, aint enough ball to go around. He's as gone as iq was the moment they signed ddv
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,440

Post#115 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:49 pm

Meat wrote:

i hear you.. im just saying instead of paying quick 100 mil/4 we got deuce, thats genius.
im bout dat action boss
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,670

Post#116 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Meat wrote:

2x is a Knick, IQ is not, we can slander and compare to our hearts content now.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,029

Post#117 » by KnicksGod » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Good post

He does have long arms. Players over 6'5" are still probably best guarded by someone besides Deuce on a regular basis though.

I agree with that, just noting that he can disrupt beyond his shortness
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,729

Post#118 » by cgmw » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Appreciate the thought but that’s just sentimental denial. These are still the NY Knicks and they will absolutely 100% opt for a veteran star over young homegrown talent at each and every possible turn.

I’m not saying I agree with it, but it’s foolish and flies in the face of 40 years history to think they’d rather keep Deuce than deal him for a veteran star.

Personally I’m gonna enjoy the ride while it lasts but not get too attached. Randle + Deuce + 4 FRPs will bring back some seriously big game this summer.

Besides, you can probably just cross the bridge or turn on the Yes Network to see him.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#119 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:31 pm

cgmw wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Appreciate the thought but that’s just sentimental denial. These are still the NY Knicks and they will absolutely 100% opt for a veteran star over young homegrown talent at each and every possible turn.

I’m not saying I agree with it, but it’s foolish and flies in the face of 40 years history to think they’d rather keep Deuce than deal him for a veteran star.

Personally I’m gonna enjoy the ride while it lasts but not get too attached. Randle + Deuce + 4 FRPs will bring back some seriously big game this summer.

Besides, you can probably just cross the bridge or turn on the Yes Network to see him.

You just had to harsh my vibe dude
ImageImageImage
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,678

Post#120 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

You just had to harsh my vibe dude

Yah…unfortunately, this might be the case now. I think we’ve seen that it’s not enough for teams to offer picks now in star trades - you need to offer players as well.

However, if a real star level player comes along (no, I mean someone much better than Donovan), then that’s how you get him.

On the plus side, I think the Knicks would be able to replace Deuce. They’ve done well in picking up guys like IQ, Deuce, and Mitch in the late rounds. We get good FA signings like IHart and Donte. Who knows if Jacob Toppin or Precious or someone on our bench right now might be the next guy or if they have targets in this draft? I think if we can replicate Miami’s ability to pick up and develop valuable role players, then that will keep this team sustainable when we go for the next star.

Return to New York Knicks