ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

epics2002
Senior
And1: 94

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#861 » by epics2002 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:57 am

Guano wrote:This is horrendous hoops.

Now Knicks have to do their job
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#862 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:58 am

That was embarrassing being the defending champions
~I Believe!~
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,999

Post#863 » by Adelheid » Fri May 17, 2024 3:04 am

70-115 final

ouchie
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,193

Post#864 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 17, 2024 3:05 am

Monticeire saying Jokic and Gordon is way better than Duncan and David Robinson seems to have really angered the basketball gods
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#865 » by stuporman » Fri May 17, 2024 3:28 am

If the Knicks can win game 6 they will go into the ECF having played 2 games in 8 days.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,914

Post#866 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 17, 2024 3:35 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:25 point lead for the wolves going into the 4th. Has there been a playoff come back with that large of a lead before? Let’s hope the nuggets can’t do it.

Clippers in 2019 came back from 31 down to beat the Warriors in the first round. Largest playoff comeback ever.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,434

Post#867 » by DaGawd » Fri May 17, 2024 3:36 am

stuporman wrote:If the Knicks can win game 6 they will go into the ECF having played 2 games in 8 days.

this is crucial
BaF
Washington Wizards
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,914

Post#868 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 17, 2024 3:38 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

Monticeire saying Jokic and Gordon is way better than Duncan and David Robinson seems to have really angered the basketball gods

"Kill 'em with Grindness."
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,510

Post#869 » by aggo » Fri May 17, 2024 3:51 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#870 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 am

aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

This is why the NBA has this man as the new poster child. His talent aside on the court, he has something about him off the court. A chip on his shoulder you can say. A good sense of humor. He's relatable. He's not a bad actor either.

Fun fact: one of the popular searches on Google "Is Anthony Edwards son of Michael Jordan?"
~I Believe!~
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,616

Post#871 » by Context » Fri May 17, 2024 4:20 am

TKKnicks1 wrote:
aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

This is why the NBA has this man as the new poster child. His talent aside on the court, he has something about him off the court. A chip on his shoulder you can say. A good sense of humor. He's relatable. He's not a bad actor either.

Fun fact: one of the popular searches on Google "Is Anthony Edwards son of Michael Jordan?"

hopefully the league's story line is to allow Minny to beat Denver...they should just let them play...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,171

Post#872 » by WaltFrazier » Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:https://defector.com/draymond-green-brings-nothing-to-inside-the-nba

Good article on how lame Draymond is on Inside the NBA.

He's just so unlikeable. If this is the end of the series, good because I'm not watching any shows that feature this violent, obnoxious jackass.

Chuck and Ernie are the lifeblood of Inside the NBA. Shaq is so petty and insecure, and Kenny talks out of his ass a lot. Draymond is trash. Time to pull the plug while they're on top

Yeah I posted about this too, how terrible it is he has a platform to trash Gobert because he doesn't like him. The article does a good job pointing that out.

Back in season when he was hurting the Warriors with two major suspensions, I don't think they TNT crew ever called him out. Because he's a virtual colleague not just a player. It's all very unprofessional
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,616

Post#873 » by Context » Fri May 17, 2024 4:49 am

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#874 » by stuporman » Fri May 17, 2024 5:08 am

Screw Musk...he's totally broken that website it won't work unless I turn off all browser protection, I can't even grant permissions for his site to get it to work anymore. What a weasly joke of a man.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,712

Post#875 » by HopelessKnick » Fri May 17, 2024 5:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Collarbone is different. Rib contusions mess with your breathing. I couldn't fathom doing a sprint right now and it's been a few weeks. Walking to check the mail or do laundry at my complex was a disaster early on.

I'm all for crapping on the Cavs but I can't cast judgment on Allen over this, I'd be hypocrite. :lol:

Not too long ago, he was considered the best big in the whole city of Brooklyn. I'm not going to say he's wrong for refusing the shot to play with a real injury, but he was always soft. His great shot-blocking ability seemed to vanish when he got dunked on by some better players. Cleveland is not built to win the playoffs, and I'd have loved playing them -- but NOT at the expense of tanking to get them instead of continuing our winning culture.

If we get to play Boston in the ECF, all I want to see is our guys playing the best they can and playing the way they play best. Boston is a good team and we're down 4 important players, but I'm not going to give them the win by any means. We could pull this off, but I'm going to love our guys and our team no matter what they do.

Also, I think that a team that gets through a round by playing an easier team to beat does not grow and toughen up the way a team does when it plays against a good competitor. Look at our game 5 against Indy -- we adapted to their efforts to stop us, and after the players recovered enough to play hard again, we really shut them down. I'm certain some of those lessons will come in very handy against Boston. Yes, I'm counting on us getting there now.

Allen is soft, I agree. I just understand how painful and dehabilitating that injury is. Today is literally the first day in weeks where I didn't wake up feeling pain. I seriously underestimated how much it takes for a human being just to walk normally. I tried taking my trash out a day after I got hurt and I felt like I was going to suffocate. I can't imagine going out trying to play 30 mins of NBA playoff basketball, shot or no shot.

That Cavs team was poorly constructed. I would have blown that up after the way Mitch beat Allen and Mobley's asses single handedly last year. They knew this was coming.

I think the problem with the rib contusion is that generally "contusions"....like thig contusion etc. are somewhat painful but not that bad---thus people assume one should be able to play through a rib contusion as well. This is the type of thing that as long as you didn't have it , you don't know how terrible it is and especially how slow healing it is. I remember when I had it, my initial thought was "gotta pause sports for a week or two"...turned out two months....it heals so slow. On the court you essentially can't guard anybody, can't box out, scared of any contact, can't drive, can't even run hard because you can't breath right...
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,712

Post#876 » by HopelessKnick » Fri May 17, 2024 5:33 am

aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Really looking forward to Minny games just to watch Ant. When he got hit in the third quarter and went to the locker room I felt almost like skipping the rest of the game to the final result. He is special. Kobe vibes all over.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,967

Post#877 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 am

HopelessKnick wrote:
aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Really looking forward to Minny games just to watch Ant. When he got hit in the third quarter and went to the locker room I felt almost like skipping the rest of the game to the final result. He is special. Kobe vibes all over.

He’s the next big thing.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,510

Post#878 » by aggo » Fri May 17, 2024 1:01 pm

“Kat is not a winner”

Read on Twitter
?s=46
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#879 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 17, 2024 1:51 pm

I'd put a lot of money on Jokic and the Nuggets winning that game 7.

I wonder if there are Nuggets fans like here who have given up and lost all hope. :-?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,171

Post#880 » by WaltFrazier » Fri May 17, 2024 2:57 pm

aggo wrote:“Kat is not a winner”

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Does all this make KAT a better fit for Thibs, being a guy who can guard Joker? Still hard to picture Minny trading him, but I guess money may dictate
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to New York Knicks