ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 4, Knicks Orthopedics @ Jim Carrey's Refs, Sunday, 3:30PM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 599

Re: GT: Game 4, Knicks Orthopedics @ Jim Carrey's Refs, Sunday, 3:30PM 

Post#61 » by Spot31 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:47 am

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Magic shouldn't even count as a guard. Josh Hart #1!
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#62 » by LFGK » Sun May 12, 2024 2:24 am

TKKnicks1 wrote:
Ursusamericanus wrote:Win. It's amazing how much folks overreact to single-game sample sizes. Get a grip and chill out. The injuries suck and I don't think this is our year, but we're ECF bound.

It was the same reaction we had with the game 3 loss against Philadelphia. The posters that are level headed react to how we were robbed. The posters that jump off a bridge after every loss just do it for attention. The way I look at it is with all these injuries... if it seriously takes a 30+ foot jumper as the shot clock expires to beat us, I think we are in very good position to win this series.

Gotta be level headed lol, we didn’t get here by luck, the Knicks are a much better team. They had to adjust to playing without OG and didn’t do awful Defensively, just gotta defend the big eyed ugly guy better. Double Haliburton down the stretch because he gets flustered(the pass on that ridiculous 3), you think Brunson goes 10/26 again and missing easy shot after shot?Knicks win tomorrow by 8+
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#63 » by Knick4Real » Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
It’s called trying too hard. Same with every damn cringe PG thread. :banghead:

Game should be a W as long as the game thread doesn’t jinx us.

Honestly, I'd like to see other posters have a shot at creating the PG thread instead of one person racing to beat everyone else to it every game. This is a community and it's good when everyone contributes.

I haven't created a game thread for months

You guys complaining now were not beat out of some golden opportunity to create the game thread. The game is tomorrow afternoon so I did it because none of you did it.

Stop complaining. If you wanted to create a game thread you had every chance to do so. Anyone can, including you.

Every one of you making trouble over it are the ones creating bad vibes. Focus on supporting your team and stop being so damn petty.

Check what I wrote again. I said POST game thread, not the Game thread. I only pointed out that you've been creating every single POST game thread for weeks instead of allowing others a chance. You were also creating the PG thread before games were even over. I never thought that was cool, but whatever.

Also, I'm not sure who you were referring to about "making trouble," because that's not what I'm doing at all. I only stated my opinion. I'm far too grown to make trouble on a chat website. It's all love and good vibes here.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 12, 2024 4:42 am

Knick4Real wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Honestly, I'd like to see other posters have a shot at creating the PG thread instead of one person racing to beat everyone else to it every game. This is a community and it's good when everyone contributes.

I haven't created a game thread for months

You guys complaining now were not beat out of some golden opportunity to create the game thread. The game is tomorrow afternoon so I did it because none of you did it.

Stop complaining. If you wanted to create a game thread you had every chance to do so. Anyone can, including you.

Every one of you making trouble over it are the ones creating bad vibes. Focus on supporting your team and stop being so damn petty.

Check what I wrote again. I said POST game thread, not the Game thread. I only pointed out that you've been creating every single POST game thread for weeks instead of allowing others a chance. You were also creating the PG thread before games were even over. I never thought that was cool, but whatever.

Also, I'm not sure who you were referring to about "making trouble," because that's not what I'm doing at all. I only stated my opinion. I'm far too grown to make trouble on a chat website. It's all love and good vibes here.

Maybe you should read. I clearly said in the second post I would not be watching the game until tomorrow evening and I wished everyone a good time. Not like I'd be posting a PG thread there would I?

Making a post-game thread before the game ends is irrelevant as long as the game is over when it is posted. I only did them to promote the joy of winning some exciting games, not to deprive you of any opportunity to make one, so please go and make the PG threads from now on. It doesn't matter that much to me, especially with the kind of pettiness going on in this thread.
ImageImageImage
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#65 » by Besart19 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:42 am

Hartenstein / Sims
Achiuwa / Diakite
Hart / Deuce / Burks
Di Vincenzo / Deuce / Burks
Brunson / Deuce

Stop others, dont overplay Halilburton, unless its last 6 mins of the 4th... even in that interval keep an eye on their scrubs not to get open and get away with BS calls from the referees... you cant never win with just one player going nuts... shut everyone down... no player at that team can score at will if he is guarded all the time
Strength and Honour!
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#66 » by Ma10 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:46 am

No Haliburton tonight?
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#67 » by Besart19 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 am

Ma10 wrote:No Haliburton tonight?

we need him on the court... TJ is tougher
Strength and Honour!
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,364

Post#68 » by matchman » Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 am

As trustworthy as Embiid skipping a game due to whatever reason. :wink:
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Ma10
Pro Prospect

Post#69 » by Ma10 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:16 am

Besart19 wrote:

we need him on the court... TJ is tougher

We shall see!
Ma10
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by Ma10 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:19 am

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,957

Post#71 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 12:51 pm

Where did you hear that? "Questionable" usually means they play 9 times out of 10.

Update
*He looks bad here but I wouldn't put it past him to be exaggerating for sympathy..

Read on Twitter
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,872

Post#72 » by cgmw » Sun May 12, 2024 12:55 pm

LFGK wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:
Ursusamericanus wrote:Win. It's amazing how much folks overreact to single-game sample sizes. Get a grip and chill out. The injuries suck and I don't think this is our year, but we're ECF bound.

It was the same reaction we had with the game 3 loss against Philadelphia. The posters that are level headed react to how we were robbed. The posters that jump off a bridge after every loss just do it for attention. The way I look at it is with all these injuries... if it seriously takes a 30+ foot jumper as the shot clock expires to beat us, I think we are in very good position to win this series.

Gotta be level headed lol, we didn’t get here by luck, the Knicks are a much better team. They had to adjust to playing without OG and didn’t do awful Defensively, just gotta defend the big eyed ugly guy better. Double Haliburton down the stretch because he gets flustered(the pass on that ridiculous 3), you think Brunson goes 10/26 again and missing easy shot after shot?Knicks win tomorrow by 8+

Even if we drop Game 4, which we probably won’t, it’s Knicks in 6 as long as Jalen + his two Nova sidekicks are still standing.

I am no optimist, not superstitious, and am not afraid to call out losing when I see it. This team is built to Win against better talent. Indiana is less talented than we are. If we win today, Knicks in 5. If we lose but stay healthy, Knicks in 6. If we lose, but suffer another injury or fluke play, Knicks in 7. Indiana’s only hope is an injury to Brunson.

If/when we make it through this series, we will hurt the C’s so bad that it will guarantee the Western Conference wins it all this year.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#73 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 12:57 pm

cgmw wrote:
LFGK wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:

Even if we drop Game 4, which we probably won’t, it’s Knicks in 6 as long as Jalen + his two Nova sidekicks are still standing.

I am no optimist, not superstitious, and am not afraid to call out losing when I see it. This team is built to Win against better talent. Indiana is less talented than we are. If we win today, Knicks in 5. If we lose but stay healthy, Knicks in 6. If we lose, but suffer another injury or fluke play, Knicks in 7.

But are they less talented than us without Randle, OG, Mitch ,Bogs, and a banged/tired up VIllanova 3 ?
cgmw
RealGM

Post#74 » by cgmw » Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

RHODEY wrote:
cgmw wrote:
LFGK wrote:

I am no optimist, not superstitious, and am not afraid to call out losing when I see it. This team is built to Win against better talent. Indiana is less talented than we are. If we win today, Knicks in 5. If we lose but stay healthy, Knicks in 6. If we lose, but suffer another injury or fluke play, Knicks in 7.

But are they less talented than us without Randle, OG, Mitch ,Bogs, and a banged/tired up VIllanova 3 ?

Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying. Their only real hope is an injury to Brunson.
Ma10
Pro Prospect

Post#75 » by Ma10 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:22 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Where did you hear that? "Questionable" usually means they play 9 times out of 10.

Update
*He looks bad here but I wouldn't put it past him to be exaggerating for sympathy..

Read on Twitter

Yeah okay, I've been to fast. He'll probably play
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,054

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 1:30 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all mommas out there

Hopefully Haliburton doesn't play.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,779

Post#77 » by Lord Commander » Sun May 12, 2024 1:36 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Update

Read on Twitter

BS. He’s playing no less than 30 minutes
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#78 » by LFGK » Sun May 12, 2024 1:52 pm

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers, let’s get this fcking W today, growing tired of these guys and everyone waiting for the Knicks demise because they are “running on fumes”
cgmw
RealGM

Post#79 » by cgmw » Sun May 12, 2024 1:55 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Update

Read on Twitter

Nooo, he had *no clue* all those cameras were rolling and reporters reporting!

Brunson: Won’t show weakness, downplays injury. Real star, winner.

Haliburton: Shows off injury to cameras, exaggerates severity. Fugaze cornball loser.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#80 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 2:16 pm

Ma10 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Update

Read on Twitter

Yeah okay, I've been to fast. He'll probably play

The biggest tell is the betting lines. They are more privy to info than most. If those lines dont change (and I don't. thing they have) then it means they think he'll play.

Return to New York Knicks