ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Matchup

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Prediction

Knicks in 4
7%
Knicks in 5
37%
Knicks in 6
33%
Knicks in 7
11%
Pacers in 7
8%
Pacers in 6
4%
Pacers in 5
No votes
Pacers in 4
No votes

Total votes: 73

TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Re: Pacers Matchup 

Post#61 » by TKKnicks1 » Sun May 19, 2024 12:19 pm

I had chosen Knicks in 5 and I think that's what it would have been if OG didn't get injured. Pacers lucky to be in a game 7 rn.
~I Believe!~
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#62 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Knicks in 5, possibly 4.

Defense. Rebounding. Brunson.

lol , wisdom
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 530

Post#63 » by kNicksGmen » Mon May 20, 2024 10:11 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lol , wisdom

despite the OG injury it was very close to knicks in 5. that's how it goes sometimes though.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:14 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lol , wisdom

despite the OG injury it was very close to knicks in 5. that's how it goes sometimes though.

I call this sheer arrogance rather , injuries happen to every team , it’s part of the game so maybe when voting take into consideration that said roster won’t be perfectly healthy
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 530

Post#65 » by kNicksGmen » Mon May 20, 2024 10:18 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
lol , wisdom

I call this sheer arrogance rather , injuries happen to every team , it’s part of the game so maybe when voting take into consideration that said roster won’t be perfectly healthy

but my point was despite OG (and others) getting hurt, knicks came close to winning game 3 and therefore winning in 5 wasn't out of the realm of possibility.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,319

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 20, 2024 10:26 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lol , wisdom

Let it go my man. I have no animosity towards you or any Nets fans.

I hope all is well.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:48 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:despite the OG injury it was very close to knicks in 5. that's how it goes sometimes though.

but my point was despite OG (and others) getting hurt, knicks came close to winning game 3 and therefore winning in 5 wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

It’s hypothetical , if not for ridiculous referring in game two , series could’ve been 1-1

Example

Knicks fans , easy series a sweep , we get them in 4 tops 5

Pacers fans - tough series , but we capable to extend to 6 maybe 7 , win or loose

Who was arrogant and who was humble ? Who’s was right who was wrong ?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,200

Post#68 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lol , wisdom

lol at a nets fans coming in here to talk schit as if your franchise isnt complete garbage. must suck being a nets fan
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lol , wisdom

lol at a nets fans coming in here to talk schit as if your franchise isnt complete garbage. must suck being a nets fan

No it’s great , Hello Brooklyn and me celebrated a Championship yesterday right after Indiana won the game

It’s good to be the Nets fan right now
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,200

Post#70 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon May 20, 2024 11:09 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
lol , wisdom

No it’s great , Hello Brooklyn and me celebrated a Championship yesterday right after Indiana won the game

oh you down bad :lol: that sucks. maybe next year you guys will make the play in game.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,302

Post#71 » by Kampuchea » Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
lol , wisdom

Nets have no picks this draft despite being one of the worst teams, Knicks have 3. Nets gave away the 3rd pick in this draft.

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:20 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:despite the OG injury it was very close to knicks in 5. that's how it goes sometimes though.

Nets have no picks this draft despite being one of the worst teams, Knicks have 3. Nets gave away the 3rd pick in this draft.

Why you all so angry today ? Did you just lost some important game I don’t know about :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,302

Post#73 » by Kampuchea » Mon May 20, 2024 11:32 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Why you all so angry today ? Did you just lost some important game I don’t know about :lol: :lol: :lol:

No anger here, just enjoying the visit from a Nets fan. How’s the Nets forum?

ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:42 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

No anger here, just enjoying the visit from a Nets fan. How’s the Nets forum?

Great, we have KnixTape and Dangun there , having nice conversations, life is good
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,319

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 20, 2024 11:48 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
lol , wisdom

BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#76 » by Im Coming Home » Mon May 20, 2024 11:56 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
lol , wisdom

Nah man, you can't say its a part of the game, technically you're correct.. but not to the extent the Knicks had them. You expect to maybe be missing one starter or one bench guy or two.. nothing literally the entire starting 5 basically and 2 bench guys :lol:

And thats not even counting guys like Hart/iHart/Brunson who were playing while clearly banged up bad.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Nah man, you can't say its a part of the game, technically you're correct.. but not to the extent the Knicks had them. You expect to maybe be missing one starter or one bench guy or two.. nothing literally the entire starting 5 basically and 2 bench guys :lol:

And thats not even counting guys like Hart/iHart/Brunson who were playing while clearly banged up bad.

Well before Indiana series started you already knew Randle and Bojan won’t be coming back yet still predicted a sweep , or Knicks in 5 most of you

On top of it OG isn’t the Ironman , it’s well known throughout the league

With the usage Brunson getting it’s not hard to imagine occasional injury

Hart abdominal muscles injury was the least predictable, I’ll give you that

But looking at Indiana healthy squad , good coaching it was madness to predict the sweep , or like I said above pure arrogance
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,512

Post#78 » by aggo » Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2369921&p=112286360&hilit=5+out+indiana#p112286360
best matchup:

orlando
cle

neutral:

76ers

worst matchups:

Boston
miami
indiana

Miami/indiana/Boston are worst matchups because they have 5s that draw out ihart/mitch from he paint and leave the basket vulnerable to dribble drive

in particular we would be really bad matchup vs Indiana because not only do they have a 5 that jacks up threes, they jack up a ton of threes in general and our defensive philosophy of showing help, getting into lanes, and recovering out to the 3pt line is quite vulnerable.

76ers are neutral because I liked thib's gameplan vs Embiid earlier in the season which was to give him space eveyrtime to shoot jumpers vs letting him dribble for layups, fouls, and dunks
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,094

Post#79 » by knicks94 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:08 am

Indiana is going to face a heavy dose of reality once they realize that they are no longer playing against a team's c squad. A healthy G league team could have accomplished what they've had in these playoffs.

And no offense to the good Nets fans that post on this forum, but how is a poverty franchise that just finished losing 50 games allowed to have trolls?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,652

Post#80 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 21, 2024 11:25 am

aggo wrote:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2369921&p=112286360&hilit=5+out+indiana#p112286360
best matchup:

orlando
cle

neutral:

76ers

worst matchups:

Boston
miami
indiana

Miami/indiana/Boston are worst matchups because they have 5s that draw out ihart/mitch from he paint and leave the basket vulnerable to dribble drive

in particular we would be really bad matchup vs Indiana because not only do they have a 5 that jacks up threes, they jack up a ton of threes in general and our defensive philosophy of showing help, getting into lanes, and recovering out to the 3pt line is quite vulnerable.

76ers are neutral because I liked thib's gameplan vs Embiid earlier in the season which was to give him space eveyrtime to shoot jumpers vs letting him dribble for layups, fouls, and dunks

The Pacers don't make the cut. They only won because we lost OG/Mitch and Hart/Brunson/iHart were playing through injuries at some point. Otherwise we would have won the series easily.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks