ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

IQ Vs Maxey

Maxey
54%
Quickley
46%

Total votes: 145

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Re: Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#61 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:05 pm

RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Maxey putting up good stats while the Sixers continue to slide. When IQ puts up #'s we usually win.

well in fairness to Maxey they have a lot of good players out, if we started IQ but then Randle and Rose were injured I doubt we'd win all that much regardless of the numbers IQ puts up

Ok thats fair... but its also fair to say that Maxey's #'s wouldn't be what they are if their best players were playing. So we're back to square one. :D

Not really, he's scoring efficiently with defenses more keyed in on stopping him, it would be one thing if he were scoring on low percentages. He's a better player, not sure why it's so hard for fans to accept that we don't have all of the best players in the world :lol:

The poll is peak homerism.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#62 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:14 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
well in fairness to Maxey they have a lot of good players out, if we started IQ but then Randle and Rose were injured I doubt we'd win all that much regardless of the numbers IQ puts up

Ok thats fair... but its also fair to say that Maxey's #'s wouldn't be what they are if their best players were playing. So we're back to square one. :D

Not really, he's scoring efficiently with defenses more keyed in on stopping him, it would be one thing if he were scoring on low percentages. He's a better player, not sure why it's so hard for fans to accept that we don't have all of the best players in the world :lol:

I wouldn't say that it's homerism, IQ made the all rookie team last year and Maxey didn't so I'd say he had a leg up after year 1, now this year IQ got off to a cold start and is just now starting to come back on while Maxey has been getting to start and put up numbers while philly has lost 5 in a row. IQ might be the better defender as well. I don't think it's as lopsided as it seems you've just got one guy playing 35.7 MPG and one guy playing 17 MPG
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#63 » by BugginOut » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:19 pm

Quickley leads Maxey in basically every advance stat:

RAPTOR
NET RATING
RPM
Etc.

He’s also the averaging an absurd 1.38 PPP in isolation scoring which is the 4th highest mark in the entire league and he takes more isolation shots a game than Maxey even though he plays half the minutes. https://www.nba.com/stats/players/isolation/?sort=PPP&dir=1&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

He’s a better scorer, defender and equal as a playmaker. The more you look at the numbers the more it seems that Quickley should be starting for this team.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#64 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:32 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I wouldn't say that it's homerism, IQ made the all rookie team last year and Maxey didn't so I'd say he had a leg up after year 1, now this year IQ got off to a cold start and is just now starting to come back on while Maxey has been getting to start and put up numbers while philly has lost 5 in a row. IQ might be the better defender as well. I don't think it's as lopsided as it seems you've just got one guy playing 35.7 MPG and one guy playing 17 MPG

It's homerism if you can't objectively just watch 2 players and see that 1 can do things the other cant, the fact Maxey has a handle and can get to the rim and finish just gives him a huge advantage. That isn't even to say anything about one playing against starters while the other goes against 2nd units. It is pretty lopsided just judging them on ability, like if you swapped IQ and Maxey, there's just no way you can have a Curry/IQ backcourt because neither gets to the rim. The poll results are a testament to homerism.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#65 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:44 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It's homerism if you can't objectively just watch 2 players and see that 1 can do things the other cant, the fact Maxey has a handle and can get to the rim and finish just gives him a huge advantage. That isn't even to say anything about one playing against starters while the other goes against 2nd units. It is pretty lopsided just judging them on ability, like if you swapped IQ and Maxey, there's just no way you can have a Curry/IQ backcourt because neither gets to the rim. The poll results are a testament to homerism.

Oh I didn’t even vote in the poll or look at the results I just thought you meant having the poll in general. I think Maxey looks better right now but I don’t think he looks so much better to where there’s no debate to be had

I think if IQ starts he’d put up huge numbers and I’d still take his shooting and defense over Maxey’s shooting and defense. Maxey obviously huge advantage with handle and getting to the rim and scoring at the rim, not really sure about passing IQ looks improved in that dept
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#66 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:54 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Oh I didn’t even vote in the poll or look at the results I just thought you meant having the poll in general. I think Maxey looks better right now but I don’t think he looks so much better to where there’s no debate to be had

I think if IQ starts he’d put up huge numbers and I’d still take his shooting and defense over Maxey’s shooting and defense. Maxey obviously huge advantage with handle and getting to the rim and scoring at the rim, not really sure about passing IQ looks improved in that dept

I like IQ, but I think it's pretty clear he's a SG, sort of in the same vein as guys like Monk, Curry etc. Maybe he can develop into more in the future, but right this second he's a SG because of the finishing/handle limitations. I think Maxey has the profile of a scoring guard that you look for, which is he's shooting 50+% on 2 pointers, he's getting it at the rim and mid-range.

And the shooting thus far has been very much in Maxey's favor, which is why I'd take him over IQ. If the shooting is even remotely close there's no reason to rate IQ higher than him.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#67 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:58 pm

What Maxey has shown this year makes it not a discussion at this point, because he's been incredible - essentially a 50/40/90 guy. The question is whether or not that 3P shooting is real, or just a hot streak to start the year. Because Quickley had a massive advantage in that all-important category at basically every single point in their lives outside of the first 15 games of this NBA season.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,013

Post#68 » by RHODEY » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:13 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I objectively watched IQ versus the Pacers....Maxey aint better than that. :D
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#69 » by WajaBawl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:27 pm

BugginOut wrote:Quickley leads Maxey in basically every advance stat:

RAPTOR
NET RATING
RPM
Etc.

He’s also the averaging an absurd 1.38 PPP in isolation scoring which is the 4th highest mark in the entire league and he takes more isolation shots a game than Maxey even though he plays half the minutes. https://www.nba.com/stats/players/isolation/?sort=PPP&dir=1&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

He’s a better scorer, defender and equal as a playmaker. The more you look at the numbers the more it seems that Quickley should be starting for this team.

Now that's something we agree on. Even last year his stats were screaming in favor of him starting. Same story this year. But typical Knicks to sign over the hill vets and not allow young players to really shine. IQ should have been starting since last year.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,214

Post#70 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:35 pm

WajaBawl wrote:

RAPTOR
NET RATING
RPM
Etc.

Now that's something we agree on. Even last year his stats were screaming in favor of him starting. Same story this year. But typical Knicks to sign over the hill vets and not allow young players to really shine. IQ should have been starting since last year.

our best point guards are always on the bench. it's sad
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#71 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 pm

WajaBawl wrote:

RAPTOR
NET RATING
RPM
Etc.

Even with all those numbers Rose still grades out as the best guard on the team though.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#72 » by robillionaire » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:31 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I like IQ, but I think it's pretty clear he's a SG, sort of in the same vein as guys like Monk, Curry etc. Maybe he can develop into more in the future, but right this second he's a SG because of the finishing/handle limitations. I think Maxey has the profile of a scoring guard that you look for, which is he's shooting 50+% on 2 pointers, he's getting it at the rim and mid-range.

And the shooting thus far has been very much in Maxey's favor, which is why I'd take him over IQ. If the shooting is even remotely close there's no reason to rate IQ higher than him.

I would hesitate to say “the shooting thus far has been very much in Maxey’s favor” since he’s 34% in his career and IQ is 38.7% and while he’s off to a hot start now it’s only 12 games with a small sample size, we would need to see more to say that conclusively. But I do buy Maxey’s shooting ability and did ever since the first game he ever played at Kentucky when he hit a deep 3 to close out the game

With that said Maxey wasn’t on the board when we picked IQ but he was on the board when we picked Toppin so maybe that’s the discussion we should be having instead
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,708

Post#73 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:00 am

I still think IQ has the higher upside. But has a lower floor and more likely to bust.

But the fact that we're having this debate about a late 1st rounder shows that we did good and shouldn't act like we missed out on a player.

Maxey hasn't really shown anything though over a longer period of time. The fact that we weren't talking about this debate his entire rookie year shows that you all would have been disappointed with Maxey last year and wished you had Quickley if it was the other way around. Who's to say he would've developed the same here anyways.

Our fans just don't know how to appreciate their own. IQ steps up during crunch time.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,161

Post#74 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:38 pm

IQ is ok but it's still Maxey
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Post#75 » by Zenzibar » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Duece may be better than both of them :)

Read on Twitter
Stop All Genocides
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#76 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Mar 3, 2022 4:33 pm

Embarrassing thread, one looks like he could be the next Tony Parker, while the other may be the next Daniel Gibson.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#77 » by BugginOut » Thu Mar 3, 2022 5:14 pm

Yeah not going to lie Maxey took himself to the next level while IQ took a step back. Maybe it’s just a sophomore slump, but I never thought Maxey would be a better 3pt shooter than IQ.

IQ really needs to put in work this offseason
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#78 » by DowNY » Thu Mar 3, 2022 5:48 pm

IQ showed more last season.
This season, there’s no comparison. Maxey elevated.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,013

Post#79 » by NowWHYcee7 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 5:54 pm

This is not even a question. Maxey is the superior player in every way. He makes things happen out there. IQ Is a chucker.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,226

Post#80 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 3, 2022 6:46 pm

Maxey is the better player on both sides of the ball. The defensive difference looks huge.

Let’s see what happens when IQ is with the starters more long term. Maybe the gap decreases :dontknow:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks