ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#401 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,196

Post#402 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:31 pm

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
So seeing the Sixers in the 2nd round would’ve been a better option than seeing them when they’re most vulnerable? Embiid had a great game, props to him. But he isn’t dropping 50 every game. And the Sixers aren’t going to make 10+ 3s in a quarter again. We were in it until that anomaly of a 3rd quarter. And even then, there were moments it was within reach.

Also, dropping to 3rd or 4th seed wasn’t going to make it better for us. Pacers and Magic were tough matchups for us all year. Pacers just got a game on the road against the Bucks and the Magic just curb stomped the Cavs today.

Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

The pacers are playing the bucks who don’t have Giannis and are being coached by doc rivers. The Sixers are easily a worse matchup than the pacers for us.

I know your angle is to clown on the fans here that don't agree that the pacers are an easier match up. but the reality is that in no universe is thibs going to throw a game for an easier match up.

I know, Leon should’ve put the word in
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,617

Post#403 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
You want to face Embiid later rather than sooner, he has a history of just burning out and running out of steam later. He's fresher now than he'll be later on.

I get it but at that point we've lost hc advantage, eh. I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both sides.

but the point that stands out the most is that under no circumstances is thibs throwing a game for a "favorable" match up. he isn't built like that.

i’m also of the mindset you have to beat these mfers eventually any way if you have championship aspirations. securing home court and being confident in your teams ability is always the right move imo

so am I...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#404 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:

wouldn't we ended up facing the 6ers in the 2nd round anyways - so what are we really doing here other than prolonging the inevitable.

You want to face Embiid later rather than sooner, he has a history of just burning out and running out of steam later. He's fresher now than he'll be later on.

He was running out of steam in the 1st 2 games. How many games do you expect him to make it through 40 mins without running on fumes?

He looked more mobile last night than he has in any of his previous games, which is more concerning than how he looks at the end of a game. His conditioning is terrible in general but the first two games he wasn't moving well, yesterday he was a lot more active.

They are +33 when he's on the floor, whether he's on fumes or not he's impacting the game just being out there.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,057

Post#405 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I get it but at that point we've lost hc advantage, eh. I can see the advantages and disadvantages of both sides.

but the point that stands out the most is that under no circumstances is thibs throwing a game for a "favorable" match up. he isn't built like that.

i’m also of the mindset you have to beat these mfers eventually any way if you have championship aspirations. securing home court and being confident in your teams ability is always the right move imo

do we feel better about this season if we beat the pacers in the 1st round then lost to the 6ers in the 2nd than losing to the 6ers in the first round.

or does that not even matter and it's just hc vs embiid is probably worse for wear by the 2nd.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#406 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:35 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

We're not winning a title this year though, getting to the ECF should be the goal, but a first round loss is a lot more likely playing this team than if we had weasled our way into a matchup with th Bucks, Magic, Cavs or Pacers.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#407 » by cgmw » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm

Guano wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Guano wrote:

do we feel better about this season if we beat the pacers in the 1st round then lost to the 6ers in the 2nd than losing to the 6ers in the first round.

or does that not even matter and it's just hc vs embiid is probably worse for wear by the 2nd.

We would have played Orlando first and then Boston in the 2nd round.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Guano
RealGM

Post#408 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Guano wrote:

We're not winning a title this year though, getting to the ECF should be the goal, but a first round loss is a lot more likely playing this team than if we had weasled our way into a matchup with th Bucks, Magic, Cavs or Pacers.

so ecf is the goal is the ecf we were destined to meet the 6ers. with that you either prefer hc or the chance embiid might be hurt or worse off by the 2nd rd.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,196

Post#409 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 pm

Guano wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Guano wrote:

wouldn't we ended up facing the 6ers in the 2nd round anyways - so what are we really doing here other than prolonging the inevitable.

The advantage is guaranteeing home court for the first 2 rounds. There has been some serious home cooking in the playoffs so far. It's a big advantage.

also i'll feel better about losing to the 6ers and their mvp candidate than hali and the pacers. which also allows green arrow to continue on his hali hate crusade. melo can't see there are levels to this but there are many things melo can't see - like his feet.

Green Satan actually wanted us to draft Haliburton. The audacity of you to defend a terrible liar like him!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#410 » by cgmw » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 pm

Pretty sh*tty look for not just Embiid but the entire NBA to have an MVP commit two flagrants and kick a guy in the balls resulting in a win and his opponent injured with no consequences beyond two missed Mitch FTs.

It’s superficial but I can’t get over the one-eye not blinking thing. He looks like the possessed alien monster from MIB. The fact that Mitch left in a walking boot is beyond F’d up.

It’s a horrible look for the league and he deserves suspension.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Guano
RealGM

Post#411 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm

cgmw wrote:
Guano wrote:
DaGawd wrote:i’m also of the mindset you have to beat these mfers eventually any way if you have championship aspirations. securing home court and being confident in your teams ability is always the right move imo

We would have played Orlando first and then Boston in the 2nd round.

yeah, fck that then.

i'd rather have hc in the first 2 rounds then face boston in the ecf

which all of it might not matter as we're really fortunate to be up right now in this series. and it's looking vv likely we will head back home tied up.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#412 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Guano
RealGM

Post#413 » by Guano » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
The advantage is guaranteeing home court for the first 2 rounds. There has been some serious home cooking in the playoffs so far. It's a big advantage.

also i'll feel better about losing to the 6ers and their mvp candidate than hali and the pacers. which also allows green arrow to continue on his hali hate crusade. melo can't see there are levels to this but there are many things melo can't see - like his feet.

Green Satan actually wanted us to draft Haliburton. The audacity of you to defend a terrible liar like him!

:lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know what you're talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,230

Post#414 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

The pacers are playing the bucks who don’t have Giannis and are being coached by doc rivers. The Sixers are easily a worse matchup than the pacers for us.

I know your angle is to clown on the fans here that don't agree that the pacers are an easier match up. but the reality is that in no universe is thibs going to throw a game for an easier match up.

Everyone applauded the Lakers for "wanting that smoke" against the Nuggets and now their village is engulfed in flames. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is take the better matchup and they should have lost to the Pels to get the 8th seed. We could be down a center and it looked like Embiid was more mobile than the first 2 games, also we cannot stop Maxey, like at all.

I agree that tanking for a better matchup can be a good thing. And I think we should have absolutely done it to face Orlando or the Pacers, but I disagree with the Lakers. you can't throw a playin game away. this is way too much risk of missing the playoffs entirely..
formerly known as knickst4pe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,414

Post#415 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Is Embiid still Melo's favorite non-Knick?

Apparently :nonono:

I guess I’m not a Tatum fan anymore guys

You're dodging the question.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Post#416 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

Everyone applauded the Lakers for "wanting that smoke" against the Nuggets and now their village is engulfed in flames. Sometimes the smartest thing to do is take the better matchup.

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#417 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

Guano wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
DaGawd wrote:i’m also of the mindset you have to beat these mfers eventually any way if you have championship aspirations. securing home court and being confident in your teams ability is always the right move imo

so ecf is the goal is the ecf we were destined to meet the 6ers. with that you either prefer hc or the chance embiid might be hurt or worse off by the 2nd rd.

You're increasing the odds of Embiid getting hurt by playing him later on, or just being worn down the later you gave him. That has been consistent in his career, the more he plays the more likely he is to get hurt. Put as many games between us and when that happens.

I think whoever wins this series is going to the ECF, this is not a normal 7 seed, and the way people have been talking about them you'd think they were the Pelicans or Cavs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,414

Post#418 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:I'm not saying I condone violence but if we had thrown hands Embiid would have been tossed too.

What he did was unforgivable and then he's gifted those free throws as a consequence. Disgusting.

I call him DIRTBIID now Cap...

I'm going for Laimbiid.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
KnicksGod
Site Admin