ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

IQ Vs Maxey

Maxey
54%
Quickley
46%

Total votes: 145

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,230

Re: Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#21 » by Reign23 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:09 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Reign23 wrote:how on earth could you take IQ here?

Did you watch Maxey when we played him? He's not all that.

then offer the sixers IQ for him and see what happens :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM

Post#22 » by Reign23 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:maxey is better right now. no question. he's way more efficient. could quick one day be better ? who knows. he'll probably never get enough minutes here for it to happen though because we're not interested in developing or even letting the kids shine to increase their value for this supposed superstar trade we're gonna use them for. the knicks brain trust are a dumb bunch. then again, most of you wanted to bench him after 5 or so games because he struggled a little, so you're no better.

maxey got 31 minutes in october before anyone was hurt and averaged 15. in november he's getting 40 minutes and averaging 20. quick gets 16 minutes a game and averages 7. you gotta play to put up numbers.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,013

Post#23 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:12 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Maxey ... He actually has a legit handle. IQ handle is ass overall. Its what limits his ability to be starter. Maxey was considered the better player since College. IQ basically became a bench player at UK because of Maxey coming in.

Read on Twitter
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#24 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Reign23 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Reign23 wrote:how on earth could you take IQ here?

Why would I do that? When your starting lineup is out somebody's gotta score.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#25 » by Reign23 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:20 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

because you said maxey is not all that and because the thread is about IQ vs maxey?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,485

Post#26 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:07 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:maxey is better right now. no question. he's way more efficient. could quick one day be better ? who knows. he'll probably never get enough minutes here for it to happen though because we're not interested in developing or even letting the kids shine to increase their value for this supposed superstar trade we're gonna use them for. the knicks brain trust are a dumb bunch. then again, most of you wanted to bench him after 5 or so games because he struggled a little, so you're no better.

maxey got 31 minutes in october before anyone was hurt and averaged 15. in november he's getting 40 minutes and averaging 20. quick gets 16 minutes a game and averages 7. you gotta play to put up numbers.

They have different games though, what's happening for Maxey isn't just minutes, his shot is coming around. He had the handle / finishing that IQ lacked but his 3 point shot was trash, now he's hitting threes and it's hard to guard him. IQ doesnt have his burst/finishing ability.

i said he's better now but you never know the future. one could stagnant and the other could develop more. a year and a month is too soon to call it. last year at the end of the year it was the other way around.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#27 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

They have different games though, what's happening for Maxey isn't just minutes, his shot is coming around. He had the handle / finishing that IQ lacked but his 3 point shot was trash, now he's hitting threes and it's hard to guard him. IQ doesnt have his burst/finishing ability.

i said he's better now but you never know the future. one could stagnant and the other could develop more. a year and a month is too soon to call it. last year at the end of the year it was the other way around.

Maxey has the handle, it's just too hard to develop that, and most importantly he gets to the rim because of it. I don't see IQ closing the gap, there's just too much of a difference in handle/burst that if Maxey is making the three there's no way IQ can close the gap.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,483

Post#28 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Gonna order myself some Maxey Pad Thai
ImageImageImage
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#29 » by BugginOut » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:37 pm

I think Quickley could put up similar numbers if given the same opportunity. Advance stats like RAPTOR favor Quickley (+4.1 total) a lot more especially on defense (+1.1 Def. RAPTOR) while they list Maxey’s impact as a negative (-1.0 total).

Either way they are in the same tier as players. Maxey is the better driver and finisher, Quickley is the better shooter and defender.

I’m still taking Quickley as his ability off-ball makes him a more valuable player
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,162

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:42 pm

Now tell us what you think of RJ. :D
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,485

Post#31 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

in all seriousness, all i ever really said is i don't see a future all-star. and i still don't. i never said bench him. what is the point of that ? if he can't even be a starter how will you ever trade him for a star ? or even for value ?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,162

Post#32 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

in all seriousness, all i ever really said is i don't see a future all-star. and i still don't. i never said bench him. what is the point of that ? if he can't even be a starter how will you ever trade him for a star ? or even for value ?

Terrible person. Not supportive of RJ like the rest of us.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#33 » by nedleeds » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:00 pm

WajaBawl wrote:IQ is the same player he was coming into the league. Floater and a 3, those are his only two moves. Based on the season so far, I genuinely cannot tell you what he worked offensively this past off-season to get better.

Who would even know in 10-15 minutes a game anyway right?
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,650

Post#34 » by El Poochio » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:06 pm

Maxey is a stud he is taking the leap I thought IQ would have this season

B: D. Banton | J. Carter
B: K. Oubre | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,483

Post#35 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:11 pm

El Poochio wrote:Maxey is a stud he is taking the leap I thought IQ would have this season

He is being featured so it is not entirely possible to judge IQ because of Maxey's current success
ImageImageImage
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,650

Post#36 » by El Poochio » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:38 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Maxey is a stud he is taking the leap I thought IQ would have this season

He is being featured so it is not entirely possible to judge IQ because of Maxey's current success

True Sixers not having any players gave him the opportunity to shine but still

B: D. Banton | J. Carter
B: K. Oubre | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#37 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:24 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

Even if IQ were being featured it's the rim finishing that Maxey is just miles ahead, they played around the same mpg last season and Maxey attempted 3x as many shots at the rim at a slightly higher FG%.

For IQ to take the next step he has to be able to get to the rim, that's what Maxey does extremely well regardless of whether he's featured or not. At the end of the day Maxey was drafted before we had a chance, so we can't get too bent out of shape, other than it gives the Sixers another weapon unfortunately.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#38 » by TerrenceClarke » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:02 am

RHODEY wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:Maxey ... He actually has a legit handle. IQ handle is ass overall. Its what limits his ability to be starter. Maxey was considered the better player since College. IQ basically became a bench player at UK because of Maxey coming in.

Read on Twitter

That drop means nothing to me. That was more bad defensive positioning than anything. IQ does NOT constantly break his man down off the dribble...thats all the proof you need to know his handle is sus. You trap IQ full court and its cookies. IQ handle is not impressive at all. He caught a dude one time, and hasn't come close since.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#39 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:00 am

I like both players, I’m not sure. I wish we just drafted both
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#40 » by RHODEY » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:20 am

Reign23 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Reign23 wrote:then offer the sixers IQ for him and see what happens :lol:

because you said maxey is not all that and because the thread is about IQ vs maxey?

So why would I try to trade for someone I said "aint all that?"

But honestly Maxey is a good young player who is getting the minutes to shine. I think IQ would do the same (in his own way) under the same circumstances.

Return to New York Knicks