ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Knicks preparing to offer Thibs an extension

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Would you extend thibs?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 101

Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,817

Re: Shams: Knicks preparing to offer Thibs an extension 

Post#81 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sat May 18, 2024 4:46 pm

no one cares what bum ass chandler parsons has to say anyway
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,817

Post#82 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sat May 18, 2024 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,650

Post#83 » by El Poochio » Sat May 18, 2024 7:10 pm

Half the team is dead, this is why Thibs isn't the long term answer

B: D. Banton | J. Carter
B: K. Oubre | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,194

Post#84 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 18, 2024 7:25 pm

players get more minutes in the playoffs. thibs isnt a perfect coach and has flaws but it's weird people only blame him for playing players big mins when every other team does the same.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,834

Post#85 » by DOT » Sat May 18, 2024 8:44 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
Read on Twitter

See, this is what a cult looks like :lol:
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Post#86 » by spree8 » Sat May 18, 2024 10:11 pm

DOT wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
Read on Twitter

See, this is what a cult looks like :lol:

Bruh, this is a man that played for and won a title with Thibs. Have you ever stepped on a basketball court and competed? Serious question.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,334

Post#87 » by Garbagelo » Sun May 19, 2024 12:48 am

oof
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,650

Post#88 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun May 19, 2024 5:29 am

If only he would extend his rotations.
:beer: RIP mags
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,786

Post#89 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:just a reminder, an actual sports medicine doctor doesn't feel like thibs is to blame for the injuries.
Read on Twitter

And I’m sure there are Doctors who disagree, they just ain’t making videos.

Julius was playing a lot of minutes and it was at the end of the game and he drove a bit recklessly. Bit of bad luck, Miami and exhaustion.

Brunson was playing a ton of minutes and that opens one up to injuries. Maybe it wasn’t responsible but the injuries are beyond coincidental. Our physical style combined with high minutes and short rotations just increase the odds.

Instead of slowing this video down and trying to explain each injury away “logically”, just look at our team vs ALL others. Brunson is the only starter or are there two?

They should insert an injury clause into his new contract. First ever for a coach.
I do like him but the odds of all these injuries for the reasons above is too much to ignore. And it ain’t all on Thibs directly but that is the logical place to start. We can also look at our doctors and preventative measures we take.

you won't find any sports medicine physicians disagreeing with him though. you're ignoring the actual anatomy and physiology of the body to run with fan made narratives that don't even make sense scientifically.

injuries are just on the rise in the nba in general. look at the teams that were in the post season. cavs team just missed a bunch of players against boston. clippers still weren't at full strength. luka apparently is playing with bunch of injuries. kp is still out. giannis was injured. dame was injured. jimmy butler, rozier injured. zion injured. ingram playing hurt. conley playing through an injury right now. it's not just us, which you're trying to make it seem like.

Every team has a player playing through an injury. We have half the team out/injured.
Why the disparity? We are way beyond chance.

Not all on Thibs but our style combined with minutes must be connected.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,352

Post#90 » by Iron Mantis » Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 am

We know Thibs runs his players into the ground during games...but something we DON'T see is how hard Thibs runs his players in practices in between games.

This is very important...and he has a rep for likewise running long, hard practices.

This non-stop wear and tear could be why the Knicks have like 10 players injured. The players get no rest, just grind grind grind.

Once, when Luol Deng came to the Bulls practice facility to “get a few shots up” alone, he unexpectedly ran into Thibodeau. His new coach put the unsuspecting Deng through “one of the toughest workouts I’ve ever done.” In 2017, the Wolves took a 14-hour flight to China for a worldwide training camp as part of the preseason. Upon landing, Thibodeau called for a practice. “We didn’t even really have time to unpack,” Taj Gibson said.

Thibs’s sessions are notoriously long and unrelenting and have earned him two reputations: a coach who cares about winning above all else, and a coach who runs his players into the ground.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,786

Post#91 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 am

Iron Mantis wrote:We know Thibs runs his players into the ground during games...but something we DON'T see is how hard Thibs runs his players in practices in between games.

This is very important...and he has a rep for likewise running long, hard practices.

This non-stop wear and tear could be why the Knicks have like 10 players injured. The players get no rest, just grind grind grind.

Once, when Luol Deng came to the Bulls practice facility to “get a few shots up” alone, he unexpectedly ran into Thibodeau. His new coach put the unsuspecting Deng through “one of the toughest workouts I’ve ever done.” In 2017, the Wolves took a 14-hour flight to China for a worldwide training camp as part of the preseason. Upon landing, Thibodeau called for a practice. “We didn’t even really have time to unpack,” Taj Gibson said.

Thibs’s sessions are notoriously long and unrelenting and have earned him two reputations: a coach who cares about winning above all else, and a coach who runs his players into the ground.

Actually, I heard Thibs has lighter practices now, more like run throughs.

Anyone know if Thibs has indeed backed off the physical practices?
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#92 » by Iron Mantis » Sun May 19, 2024 11:49 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:We know Thibs runs his players into the ground during games...but something we DON'T see is how hard Thibs runs his players in practices in between games.

I can't find anything on it. If his practices have become lighter, that's good.

But if his practices are still grueling, it would take its toll on our guys who are already being pushed to the limits during games....and could explain why we're broken down more than any other team in the league.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#93 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun May 19, 2024 12:09 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:

But if his practices are still grueling, it would take its toll on our guys who are already being pushed to the limits during games....and could explain why we're broken down more than any other team in the league.

The players talk about it all the time, often while defending thibs. Seek and ye shall find.

Their practices are mainly film. It’s one of the many things thibs has changed from the Bulls times that seem to follow him. He wants more from the rotation players on game days (minutes/style/effort) and doesn’t push them physically like that in between.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,999

Post#94 » by Adelheid » Sun May 19, 2024 12:14 pm

yeah that is the main difference between bulls thibs and knicks thibs....bulls thibs was known for grueling practice sessions and in which i never heard him doing it will the knicks. Could be the reason why they look unprepared at times
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#95 » by Iron Mantis » Sun May 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:

The players talk about it all the time, often while defending thibs. Seek and ye shall find.

Their practices are mainly film. It’s one of the many things thibs has changed from the Bulls times that seem to follow him. He wants more from the rotation players on game days (minutes/style/effort) and doesn’t push them physically like that in between.

I can't find anything on it.

And if the topic is: "Hey Knicks player, people say Thibs runs y'all into the ground", there's not much of a chance any from this current group would respond in Thibs defense by saying his practices are tough....even if they actually are.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#96 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun May 19, 2024 12:48 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:I can't find anything on it. If his practices have become lighter, that's good.

And if the topic is: "Hey Knicks player, people say Thibs runs y'all into the ground", there's not much of a chance any from this current group would respond in Thibs defense by saying his practices are tough....even if they actually are.

so, you would disregard first-person sources even if you found them. not much one can do with that. :dontknow:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#97 » by Iron Mantis » Sun May 19, 2024 12:56 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

so, you would disregard first-person sources even if you found them. not much one can do with that. :dontknow:

Maybe you can show me the current quotes, in context. :dontknow:

Furthermore, "First person-sources" that aren't coach's favs currently being coached by him would add some unbiased insight..... :lol:

Interviewer: "Folks say coach Thibs runs yall to the ground even in practice..that's why y'all have so many injuries"

Current Knicks player: "hellz yea he does, and his practices are crazy tough". :roll:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#98 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 19, 2024 1:10 pm

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
And I’m sure there are Doctors who disagree, they just ain’t making videos.

Julius was playing a lot of minutes and it was at the end of the game and he drove a bit recklessly. Bit of bad luck, Miami and exhaustion.

Brunson was playing a ton of minutes and that opens one up to injuries. Maybe it wasn’t responsible but the injuries are beyond coincidental. Our physical style combined with high minutes and short rotations just increase the odds.

Instead of slowing this video down and trying to explain each injury away “logically”, just look at our team vs ALL others. Brunson is the only starter or are there two?

They should insert an injury clause into his new contract. First ever for a coach.
I do like him but the odds of all these injuries for the reasons above is too much to ignore. And it ain’t all on Thibs directly but that is the logical place to start. We can also look at our doctors and preventative measures we take.

you won't find any sports medicine physicians disagreeing with him though. you're ignoring the actual anatomy and physiology of the body to run with fan made narratives that don't even make sense scientifically.

injuries are just on the rise in the nba in general. look at the teams that were in the post season. cavs team just missed a bunch of players against boston. clippers still weren't at full strength. luka apparently is playing with bunch of injuries. kp is still out. giannis was injured. dame was injured. jimmy butler, rozier injured. zion injured. ingram playing hurt. conley playing through an injury right now. it's not just us, which you're trying to make it seem like.

Every team has a player playing through an injury. We have half the team out/injured.
Why the disparity? We are way beyond chance.

Not all on Thibs but our style combined with minutes must be connected.

We literally just saw the Cavs miss half of their team.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#99 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 19, 2024 1:16 pm

It’s been well documented that Thibs practices aren’t as crazy as they used to be. Not sure why people are still running with that narrative.
“I don’t care (about Thibodeau’s reputation),” DiVincenzo continued. “I don’t care. Guys in the NBA now (are different) than before. Everybody wants the game all offense. Nobody wants to come in and practice. But me, being my first year here, I think he’s done a great job of balancing things.

“From the outside world, there’s always (a different view). But in our house — in-house — we have a good dynamic and we enjoy it and everybody enjoys being around each other. To the outside world, you don’t really know. All you know is perception. All you know is the history from other teams (Thibodeau has coached) and his years with different organizations. But we’ve had plenty of rest days, plenty of off days.”

And rumor has it, I shared with DiVincenzo, that Thibodeau practices aren’t nearly as hard as advertised these days.

“They’re not,” DiVincenzo confirmed. “I played for (the Warriors’ Steve) Kerr and played for Coach Bud (former Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer). It’s not like you come here and all of a sudden you’re just running track every day (in practice). I think what he does by far better than anybody I’ve been around is he’s the most prepared. So it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go for two hours on your feet and running. But when you’re in there, you’re gonna lock in and you’re gonna get the stuff done and we’re gonna get out of there.”
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#100 » by nedleeds » Sun May 19, 2024 1:59 pm

Lock in, get stuff done, play hard, next man up, DDV is going to say what exactly when asked?

"Man this sucks he's murdering my friend with a busted foot / torn torso."
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.

Return to New York Knicks