ImageImageImageImageImage

BK Offseason Options

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Which route would you prefer of these 3?

Sign and trade Claxton and 2 firsts of NOP's choice for Zion this off-season
25%
Trade Simmons, DFS, and 2 1sts and a swap of BK's choice for Mitchell + throw in this off-season
50%
Make a trade now for Naz Reid + wait for 2025 to hopefully sign a FA around this team (minus DFS/DSJ)
25%

Total votes: 8

JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

BK Offseason Options 

Post#1 » by JKiddy » Wed May 1, 2024 5:03 pm

What do you guys want to see happen out of these 3 scenarios?
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,072

Re: BK Offseason Options 

Post#2 » by Netaman » Wed May 1, 2024 5:30 pm

Out of those 3 im going mitchell bc i think the odds are increasing he wont extend there each day CLE is having trouble even getting past Orlando as currently configured.

Those phoenix picks are looking awesome right now but i think they can get someone good without having to give up all of them. if they can hang on to 2 of 27/28/29 they are still in really good shape pick wise (Dallas 29 too). PHO 25, PHI 27 and 1 of the 29 unprotecteds would be my max picks offer (similar to the 2 firsts + swap option).

I don't think Phoenix is going to throw in the towel on KD/Book this Summer, I'm sure they will try a different HC first, but if that doesn't work by next deadline who knows. Think in a way that helps Nets since Book is a better fit for Knicks they may not go all in on Mitchell who is a questionable fit next to Brunson.

If Nets next year are:

Mitchell
CamT
Bridges
CamJ
Clax

that's an interesting team, with lots of interesting young talent on the bench (sharpe, clowney, wilson, whitehead, watford maybe, whatever they get in this year's draft). Schroder would be a nice 6th man too but i'd imagine he may want to go somewhere he can start. if he's gone id try to get Bruce Brown back for 6th man.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#3 » by drchaos » Sat May 4, 2024 10:38 am

We should be trying to get assets and clear cap to get one or better yet two big free agents next Summer

These are the assets that we should not trade this Summer:

Phoenix picks
Dallas picks
Cam Thomas ($12M cap hold in 2025)
Clowney (first rounder)
Whitehead (first rounder)

These are the assets we want to keep but could sell for the right price:

Bridges
Claxton (if we can get him to resign for a reasonable price.
Draft picks
Day'ron Sharpe ($12M cap hold in 2025)
Our own free agents this year
Simmons expiring contract
Diop
Wilson

These players need to go for whatever we can get in return
Cam J
DFS
Shroeder
Netaman
Analyst

Post#4 » by Netaman » Sat May 4, 2024 6:45 pm

drchaos wrote:We should be trying to get assets and clear cap to get one or better yet two big free agents next Summer

These are the assets that we should not trade this Summer:

Phoenix picks
Dallas picks
Cam Thomas ($12M cap hold in 2025)
Clowney (first rounder)
Whitehead (first rounder)

These are the assets we want to keep but could sell for the right price:

Bridges
Claxton (if we can get him to resign for a reasonable price.
Draft picks
Day'ron Sharpe ($12M cap hold in 2025)
Our own free agents this year
Simmons expiring contract
Diop
Wilson

These players need to go for whatever we can get in return
Cam J
DFS
Shroeder

what big free agents do you mean?

if cavs get knocked out by orlando and wont extend, he's getting traded this summer and likely only to a place he will extend (like Miami).
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,990

Post#5 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun May 5, 2024 5:08 pm

I think at this point you have to trade for a star this summer.

This team is not even close to good enough to make the playoffs. I had hope last season we would be.

I'm not willing to keep giving up high lottery picks to the Rockets every year. And we have no ability to tank and get a prospect.

Its a really sad situation.

Anyway, give me Mitchell or Trae Young if the price is right. Honestly Trae might be the best option because we won't cost as much.

Then look for another star free agent in 25. At least we can be competitive. Nobody though the Knicks would be that good when they got Brunson either.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#6 » by Papi_swav » Sun May 5, 2024 9:39 pm

Can't believe ya still want Mitchell after he barely beat the kids in Orlando. That series should of been 5 games and he almost lost that
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#7 » by Stone » Sun May 5, 2024 9:48 pm

With the Cav's advancing to the second round on the back of some really high output performances by Mitchell, I think it is less likely he will be moved. If the Cavs go deep into the upcoming Boston series or win it, the it is even less likely.

I believe the more likely move will be toward a Naz Reid type player and make a run at 25 free agents with a good amount of Cap space.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Netaman
Analyst

Post#8 » by Netaman » Mon May 6, 2024 2:22 am

there is no way cavs beat boston. may not get a game off them.

i dont know why mitchell didnt work there, maybe their young guys arent ready yet or maybe its 2 ball dominant players not meshing well, but barring an unexpected choke by boston (that would be awesome) i dont see how he commits to staying there. barely beating Orlando seems unlikely to convince him to forgo his chance at FA.

Return to Brooklyn Nets